Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At great personal risk of injury from the angry mob with pitch forks and torches ;), I have a different understanding of what is going on here. I don’t think Ford could make all of the reservations if they wanted to this year due to commodity and chip limitations. It surely doesn’t make sense for Ford to only produce half of their Bronco capacity just to make Broncos for reservation holders first. The other piece is something that I don’t understand, which is state dealership laws that Ford has to comply with. I got this from the following video:

I put in an order this past summer with out a reservation at a dealer that’s outside the top 100 in sales. I’m scheduled for the week of 11/29. There’s nothing special about my order other than it’s a black diamond with minimal electronics and a soft top. I think that Ford severely underestimated both the number of and the high trim levels of the reservations leading to the situation they are in now. If they knew that this would have happened, the smart move would have been to limit the number of reservations, which clearly happened too late. I think they are just not doing the best job of communicating what’s going on with everyone.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you think that I'm happy, you now have a better understanding of how the internet does a poor job of communicating emotion. This dealer got mad at me for questioning how they could possibly fill so many reservation when the 2nd offer came around and the pace of reserving really picked up. You've been here long enough that you may recall those threads and the ones where Ford had an issue with them more than a year ago. The dealership claims to be older than dirt, so they should know how things work with Ford. None of us knows what Ford told the dealer, but it seemed they were unhappy about something the dealer was doing. That's why some feel the dealer need to accept most of the blame. They took a gamble that didn't work out.
That's what this is about... your feelings got hurt. Now it all makes sense why you can't move on and just say, "sucks for you Gragerites" or something along those lines.

giphy.gif

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The shitty thing about this truth is that we've seen some people are getting hit with exorbitant ADMs when they arrive to pick up their order.....thus they back out.
I agree with you on that, very dirty.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MY21 was the only thing out there. What else could they be talking about?
the 190,000 reservations they gloat about. Which they could never fill in 1 calendar year, so they had to be talking about more than just MY21 because... then they would've been lying. Huh.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is not building dealer stock that I'm aware of. My local dealer has two on the lot, they are both demos they will not sell at any price.
There are at least a few 4D soft BB 2.3 no options out there with blue window stickers that i've seen. That part I understand; the factory shouldn't be sitting idle and if the only thing they can make is something no more customers have ordered, have at it.
I will give you Ford should have been more clear on allocation, but they probably didn't foresee a dealer dominating like this.
Granger consulted their regional rep before setting up the program
All dealerships deserve to get a part of the action
Any single one that wanted to could have done the same.
not just the ones that are able to sell at a loss to gain market domination
Not sure why you think they are selling at a loss. If you want a 392 you can order one at 6% below invoice and get a VIN in a week of so.
That said be honest -- didn't you have a little skepticism going with such a low ball offer? I sure did.
It wasn't until I was told the original allocation formula that I believed ordering at Chapman would work out for me. Didn't expect Ford to change it from 100% weighted on orders, to 50% on orders, to 12.5% on orders.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what this is about... your feelings got hurt. Now it all makes sense why you can't move on and just say, "sucks for you Gragerites" or something along those lines.

giphy.gif
I kinda wish I hadn't already ignored this guy so I could see what this was all about.

Kinda.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't tell if you're serious, joking, or just ignorant. Please sir, may I have some more.........
I was just at their lot a few weeks ago, tell me where I'm wrong genius? Maybe small to you is anything smaller than Woodhouse in Blair NE.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I kinda wish I hadn't already ignored this guy so I could see what this was all about.

Kinda.
It really isn’t that interesting. You didn’t miss anything. Just someone butt hurt about being offended by a dealer.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys ever noticed that if its regarding the Mach E with ADM, Mike is all over that. With the Bronco? He tells people to basically F off.

Last edited:

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who are not just giving up and cancelling entirely but will be bumped to at least MY 2023 or later with all these BS changes, what do we think will happen with price protection? Clearly we can't trust anything Ford or Levine tell us at this point and the rules will probably change at least 5x between now and 2023 so I'm struggling to know what to do.

Should we switch to 2DR Badlands hoping for the highest price protection dollars? Stay with our current choices (I'm a 2DR BaseSquatch res)? Go with the choice we really want (that's probably still 2DR BaseSquatch for me but considering 2DR BDSquatch)? Something else?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You genuinely sound happy that over a 1000 reservation holders are going to get screwed. Your posts come off as if you want Granger punished. Did they wrong you somehow, run over your dog, sleep with your wife? Put your dealership out of business?
He claims someone from Granger talked meanly to him in the Granger October Special thread. It made him sad.
Sponsored