Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford confirmed to me yesterday that I can switch my reservation without losing the time stamp. This allows me to negotiate with ’big local dealer’ almost exactly as I did in January. If I don’t like the deal, then I’m signing up (knowingly) for the Granger wait.

I consider this a fair resolution and the matter closed.

The posters who came here to make sure Granger reservationists ‘see the light‘ or ’get their due’ are likely jerks in real life too. I also consider that a closed matter.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assure you, I am not. LOL. Just an economist that is curious what will happen when they are sitting on 500 cancelled orders. Stagflation is real guys. I firmly believe we are in the very beginning of a strong recession.
As in Jimmy Carter inflation? Not to take this thread too far off base, but I actually was listening to an interview with a former Carter economist. He said we are looking at serious inflation growing, but "it will not reach double digits." I am concerned about this as well. We are being told that interest rates are about to go up soon.

With the cost of food, consumer goods, and gas rising, I'm wondering what is going to happen with sales like vehicles in the future. I remember there was something like 10% interest on loans back in the 70s. Yikes.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The business about "Selling at a loss" is nothing but PURE speculation. You have no information on which to base this statement.
Skepticism was certainly right.
You're right I don't know, but I don't think its a stretch to assume some dealers might have a hard time staying afloat mathcing this pricing. Ford should have been more clear on allocation constraints for sure, but Granger also knew they wouldn't have allocation for all their orders. It was never 100% based on reservations/orders.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I was a business man, would I sell a vehicle at a loss if the average customer spent $5000 more in accessories on their new vehicle? Hmmm- I have to consider that .
Don't forget they also make a lot of money on financing!😁

The only times I have had car loans, I'd get a bunch of quotes from banks and credit unions in advance knowing the dealer will always match or beat the lowest quote because he makes as much or more money on the financing than the sale.😍

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TBH I don’t care about Granger or Chapman either. I have never owned anything but a Ford and I have an excellent relationship with my local Ford dealer. My company maintains a fleet of more than 30 Ford vehicles ranging from Rangers to F650’s. I am a Ford person, not a former Jeep person looking to jump to the new hottest ride. I am an early day 2 reservation with every possible known commodity constraint. Based on my build, I fully expected to be delayed until summer 2022. Miraculously, I received a VIN for the last build week of 2021. So I am ecstatic. I think it’s hilarious that all these granger stans think they have clout because they [MAYBE] makeup 2% of all bronco orders. Get over yourselves.
You're completely missing the point. Granger, Chapman, etc built its order strategy based on the allocation equation Ford themselves created. The played along and executed a better strategy than high volume dealerships. Customers then aligned to dealers that best executed the strategy based on this equation.

Then, Ford changed the allocation equation for 2022. So anyone who played this excellent strategy in the new allocation equation was left holding the bag. This is a simple case of expectations not matching what's delivered by Ford. And in the end, the P1 Bronco customers are the ones who suffer.

Your logic is flawed because your argument assumes dealer, Ford and customers were under the latter allocation equation during this entire process. They weren't. Ford changed to serve its high volume dealers over individual customers. The little guy gets screwed.

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..... It was never 100% based on reservations/orders.
Yes it was, then ford changed it due to crybaby large dealers that did not negotiate the price.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I want to know is, what is Granger's plan when the inevitable happens and they are sitting on a stockpile of 2024 cancelled Broncos?
Granger has had 100% customer name match so far. And since Ford recently lowered the name match requirement from 80% down to 60%, it is likely that there are a ton of dealers out there either cheating and buying extras, or suddenly asking for extra ADM at delivery causing the original customer to cancel.😡

Granger has already delivered more Broncos than some of these dealers who "magically" have had multiple cancellations that they get to sell with 5-figure ADM.🤔

What makes you think that Granger will suddenly stop doing whatever it is that they have been doing that has resulted in 100% name match and no cancellations???😁

Or, since Granger has so many loyal customers, what makes you think they couldn't sell an extra 500 Broncos? I'll bet if Ford suddenly was able to ramp up production to phenomenal levels and offered @Zach@Granger at Granger an extra 500 Bronco allocations that they would have no trouble selling them.😍😍😍

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s exactly what happened to me. July 19 2020 reservation, early March order for a simple 4 door base soft top. Just finally got a build date of 11/15 if it holds. Dealer told me mine is the first one they have scheduled of all there orders. Small dealers are getting screwed already I believe.
Day 1 reservation. Base, soft top, sasquatch. Finally got a build date of Nov 1. Single rooftop dealer and pretty small on top of that. I feel your pain my friend.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a carry over from the other thread, and wanted to clarify my position. I'm an October 1st reservation holder and just as frustrated as everyone else. I'm not just defending Ford; they should have been clearer on allocation constraints for sure. That said a $100 reservation is not a binding contract and we live in a changing world. Granger used very aggressive pricing to gain market share. Nothing wrong with that, its free market competition right? I don't blame Granger, but allocation is a mechanism Ford can use to help the disadvantaged and oppressed dealerships, for example the one in the city forced to pay high city taxes, wages and 24 hour security. Some of you screaming bloody murder at Ford for doing this are demanding the USA gov't do the same thing, and they do it all the time!! Obviously it doesn't make business sense for Ford to alienate most of its dealer base. Call it putting dealers before customers if you want, but these dealers have customers too and Ford needs its dealers to stay in business.

What Ford needs to do is contact Granger (and others in the same situation) order holders and provide instructions and an easy way to switch dealers. I've done this calling the marketing center, but it’s a big pain and most agents don't have a clue what to do. Fix this Ford!

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes it was, then ford changed it due to crybaby large dealers that did not negotiate the price.
Honestly I don't know, but Granger said it went from 50% to 25%. When Granger came out with their Oct special, I canceled my local dealer and went with Granger. Not exactly a big evil dealer and they have high city taxes and overhead. Can you blame them for crying?

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Can you blame them for crying?
Yes I can, whole heartedly. All of the ford dealers in my state, you can count them on one hand, sell cars and trucks at "invoice" price. The only vehicles they do not are the limited production ones like the raptor and certain sport cars. The bronco is/will be a mass produced vehicle in the same order as the wrangler, nothing special at all. All I wanted was the usual deal of invoice pricing and I would forgo any other "deal" for the sake of not traveling to pick up the vehicle. For example, I could have gotten my F350 $1K cheaper if I had gone to a mega volume dealer but that little bit of savings was not worth the hassle to me. But no, all I got from the dealerships was "we don't know what we are going to charge you". Well, F' that!

When certain dealers saw the light and could see that ADM would not fly on such a mass produced vehicle their pricing became the market price, as it should be, we live in a capitalistic society. The only dealers that were crying were the ones that truly wanted to rip off their customers. And, to top it all off Ford set the rules and should have not changed them, shame on them.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
I think he locked down his tweeter I can’t see his tweet says user limits who can see they tweets

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think he locked down his tweeter I can’t see his tweet says user limits who can see they tweets
Such honesty and transparency! Way to manage them communications!!!

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What I want to know is, what is Granger's plan when the inevitable happens and they are sitting on a stockpile of 2024 cancelled Broncos?
We'll be fine ☺
Sponsored