Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get where you're coming from, but you don't know the only dealers that were crying are the ones ripping people off. Lots of smal local dealers including many inside cities just want a fair deal and to be able to pay their bills. My local dealer is asking straight MSRP, not unresonable for a car they could get $10K ADM if they wanted to. Right now, with short supplies you would be hard pressed to get invoice on a lot of vehicles. I'm pretty sure you couldn't get it on a Toyota Tocomma for example. Good luck with your Bronco. With a lot of poeple bailing and if you have an early timestamp you might be just fine with Granger. Remember, this doesn't just affect Granger cusotmers. Even my local dealer said it would be the end of 22 before I get one -- if I'm lucky!!!
But your small dealer is not whi is being helped by this new allocation formula.

How many Fords has your little dealer the sold over the past three years? That's 50% of the new formula.

How many Bronco Sports has your little dealer sold so far? That's another 25% of the new allocation formula.

And how many Broncos was your little dealer allocated last year? That's the remaining 25%

This formula HURTS small dealers. There's a goid chance it hurts yours as well.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've talked to three local dealers and none of them would tell me their number of reservations or where I might land.
And yet, Granger has no problem with telling you where you stand. That's just a sucky deal.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess he got me blocked probably reading the forums and saw my post about how he useless oh well but I don’t get these guys with the thin skin
Yeah I doubt he put that much effort into it. Or any effort at all for that matter.

chadasm

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 2017 Focus ST, 2019 F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And yet, Granger has no problem with telling you where you stand. That's just a sucky deal.
I've been very impressed with Granger with all of this. I have a spot with them and I intend to keep it. If in the end it means I have to wait a little more, even up to a year, I still want to give them my business.
Unfortunately it can be difficult finding dealers that want to do good business with their customers.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like he's a supporter of the dealer that oversold and now Ford is trying to punish. Funny that I just saw that entity responding to a very random comment that's more than a day old. I thought their phones and email would likely be jammed with customers trying to get some answers. Yet they still have time to deal with the nonsense here.
Maybe because the so-called entity was tagged in the post. And yes, theyve been communicating with people via phone & email since all this went down & providing answers including exact # spot the person is in.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
went to dealer locator on ford.com. made a list of 25 closest dealerships. pruned that list down to 21 because one of them is were where I already have my res (2 stores) and one (2 stores) I refuse to do business with because I used to work there (not willing to name names).

So now i'm down to 21 dealerships. Spoken with through email or phone call 6 GM/GSMs so far today. 2 THINK i might have a shot at getting a 2022 with them, but aren't willing to comment on how many allocations they expect or how many res holders they already have. One of those two tried to convince me to switch my 2dr hardtop to a 2dr softtop (no, he didn't mean 4dr softtop, he specifically asked "why not just order your 2 door with a softtop?")

That leaves 15 dealerships. Of those 15, i've spoken to some salespeople who said their sales manager has no interest in speaking with me or giving our their reservation and allocation estimate. That leaves 8 dealerships i've yet to speak with. Want to guess how lucky i'm going to be just going to another dealer in my local area?
I don't think it is unusual for dealers not to talk about their numbers. Find someone that you want to work with and just move your reservation. Practically nobody here had this kind of knowledge. As we know, there are 3 things that drive getting built and you have to get the allocation obstacle cleared up. I know it sucks to lose out on the discounted price, but you can still have your Bronco in '22. The good news is you have been doing your homework!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this is off topic -- but man I'm afraid for whats coming! Now they are talking about natural gas shortages. Amazing how fast things can go south.
Natural gas storage levels are just a little below the 5-year average. If we have shortages, it will likely be because of a cold winter versus a supply problem. Jim Cramer walked through a nice analysis a few days ago...drilling rig counts are down from pre-Covid, but should catch up by about April next year. Just be glad you aren't heating with oil this winter.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think it is unusual for dealers not to talk about their numbers. Find someone that you want to work with and just move your reservation. Practically nobody here had this kind of knowledge. As we know, there are 3 things that drive getting built and you have to get the allocation obstacle cleared up. I know it sucks to lose out on the discounted price, but you can still have your Bronco in '22. The good news is you have been doing your homework!
I was disappointed about no X-Plan, but everybody seems to be charging MRP for vehicles now.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like he's a supporter of the dealer that oversold and now Ford is trying to punish. Funny that I just saw that entity responding to a very random comment that's more than a day old. I thought their phones and email would likely be jammed with customers trying to get some answers. Yet they still have time to deal with the nonsense here.
You have a strange fixation/vendetta with Granger that makes me concerned for your well being. Are you ok?

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can also vouch that Ford dealers are making their own rules and not making it as easy as Mike makes it appear to be.

I did get a decent local offer - basically MSRP, they're running a 1K special but after dealer prep stuff - you've paying MSRP.

Here's the kicker - they don't want to take a transfer reservation. My guess is they're protecting their existing reservation holders (around 40).

I'm almost tempted to do this - but I'm stubborn, and even though the price difference won't kill my pocket, I would rather buckle down for the long haul and do what I feel is the right thing to do. This is another example of Mike and Ford's flimsy argument and statements.

It's the wild west out there related to the Bronco and the launch - it's business practices of excess profit at its worst. And as you would expect business owners that employ sound customer-first strategies are the ones penalized and called out.

Sponsored

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am canceling my 2 reservations. I and my family will never buy Ford again. Oh, and I sold all my Ford stock. Ford can go f..k themselves.

I do not understand why have a reservation system if it is not going to mean anything. If this was the case, they should have clearly communicated that which dealer we choose will determine whether you will or will not get a Bronco.

Ordering a Ram TRX instead, and will never look back.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mike Levine #StayPumpedGetFucked #ReservationsBeforeAllocations

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this is a crappy response, but is anyone truly surprised those dealerships that promised the moon and got hundreds of people from out of area to order there haven’t been able to get enough Broncos to fill that extreme volume? I saw that coming a mile away so stayed local.
Sponsored