First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this is a crappy response, but is anyone truly surprised those dealerships that promised the moon and got hundreds of people from out of area to order there haven’t been able to get enough Broncos to fill that extreme volume? I saw that coming a mile away so stayed local.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My post-sales survey feedback to @Ford Motor Company

------------------------

My experience buying my Badlands Sasquatch Bronco from Stephens Auto Center was the best car buying experience I have had in my 35+ years of buying cars.

With all of the bullshit and uncertainty around the launch of the Bronco brought about by Ford, Webasto, and COVID Stephens stood out as an island of sanity, certainty, and calm.

The feeling of knowing that you were working with a dealer willing to put their word in writing and stand by it was very comforting. It's what initiially drew me to Stephens Auto Center.

But what made me increase my conviction that I had made the right choice over time was the continued presence, voice of reason, and helpful insight and information consistently provided by John Holstein and the team at Stephens Auto Center.

For every post I made I read 40 others and I'm not alone by far. We are all watching and the forum tools make it very easy to catch every word, search for something you remembered, and stay informed.

In addition to my Bronco, I bought the extended warranty and prepaid maintenance as well as parts and accessories from Stephens Auto Center. Did I do that so I could save a buck? No quite the opposite in fact. I did it, even though I paid a little more, to ensure that Stephens Auto Center got the ultimate reward for their behavior. The making of a profit.

I WANT Stephens Auto Center to stay in business for a very, very long time. No matter what brand of vehicle I buy I will be looking first to buy it from Stephens Auto Center and John Holstein.

I say thank you, thank you, thank you to Stephens Auto Center. And to any company that would attempt to punish a dealer like Stephens Auto Center I say die a quick death. This ain't the old days, your ability to pull bullshit like changing terms and trying to restrict the free market are over.

The fact that dealers like Grapevine Ford in TX or Tidelands Ford in SC or DCH Ford of Eatontown in NJ feel like they can pull the slimy, sleazy bullshit that car dealers are universally reviled and hated for just shows that Ford doesn't care. Ford keeps saying "dealers are independent entities and can do what they want".

Is everyone at Ford really so dumb and cowardly that they can't understand that all those dealers have FORD in their name??? That these franchises are making your company look really really bad.

And the icing on the cake? The attempt by Ford to punish Granger Ford in IA???? For what? For being open and honest? For sticking to their word? For being (outside of the STIG - whom you've also punished) the most helpful, informative resource in this whole shit-show of a launch???

Luckily somewhere deep inside the bowels of Ford there is a core of engineers and designers that get it. That made a product so good that despite all the missteps, fuck-ups, change in terms, failures to deliver, and just outright piss-poor communications people still want it. But that won't always be the case. And when it isn't; good luck.

I will never buy another car that isn't from Stephens Auto Center or Granger Ford. They both sell Jeeps.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am canceling my 2 reservations. I and my family will never buy Ford again. Oh, and I sold all my Ford stock. Ford can go f..k themselves.

I do not understand why have a reservation system if it is not going to mean anything. If this was the case, they should have clearly communicated that which dealer we choose will determine whether you will or will not get a Bronco.

Ordering a Ram TRX instead, and will never look back.
I ordered a 392 and I picked it up this week, I haven't looked back since.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this is a crappy response, but is anyone truly surprised those dealerships that promised the moon and got hundreds of people from out of area to order there haven’t been able to get enough Broncos to fill that extreme volume? I saw that coming a mile away so stayed local.
Your foresight is amazing. I tried buying local, and they refused to say what they would be doing for price. I saved approximately $3500 with SAC. That pays for my vacation next year. Local shmocal!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am canceling my 2 reservations. I and my family will never buy Ford again. Oh, and I sold all my Ford stock. Ford can go f..k themselves.

I do not understand why have a reservation system if it is not going to mean anything. If this was the case, they should have clearly communicated that which dealer we choose will determine whether you will or will not get a Bronco.

Ordering a Ram TRX instead, and will never look back.
Wait until you find out what a car rental reservation does.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, if you are talking about prioritizing dealer stock over reservations, yes 100% surprised and I will tell you why. Because Ford, allegedly, is in business to sell vehicles.

Reservations converted to orders are vehicles that for all intents and purposes are already "sold" provided that the orders are verified and vetted properly. By contrast, dealer stock orders are not already "sold", although they do offer dealerships the ability to make more money through ADMs, which decreases sales for Ford as it disincentivizes the consumer.

Ford set up a reservation system that didn't fully inform the customer of the importance of allocations with regard to reservations, but committed to building customer orders before fulfilling dealer stock. Okay, that's reasonable.

It's on Ford to deliver the vehicles, which Ford for a variety of reasons has had difficulty doing, some things beyond their control and other things were self-inflicted wounds. This discussion wouldn't even be happening if Ford was able to run the plant at its full capability.

There is a reasonable and balanced way forward, I described it earlier. 20% of production going to dealer stock via the allocation formula and 80% to reservations in the order that they were made regardless of the dealer. At full production, the problem would be resolved largely by the end of 2022 or early 2023. Ford could build in 38 production weeks at 6 days per week 2 shifts per day a total of 150,000 Broncos based on an average of 658 Broncos per day (well within current capabilities). 30,000 going to dealer stock via the allocation formula and another 120,000 going to reservation holders in the order of reservation. How is that not a reasonable approach to the problem?

Unfortunately, no one is interested in being reasonable.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have a strange fixation/vendetta with Granger that makes me concerned for your well being. Are you ok?
You appear to have a strange fixation with me. What's up with that? :unsure: I'm entitled to my opinion and feel no need to run it by you for approval. Feel free to use bully tactics on someone else. They don't work with me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You appear to have a strange fixation with me. What's up with that? :unsure: I'm entitled to my opinion and feel no need to run it by you for approval. Feel free to use bully tactics on someone else. They don't work with me.

Bullying tactics failed... Switching to Shame!!! LOL.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see the I told you so’s are still here after 60 pages and still don’t get it.

Ford lied and changed the rules repeatedly.
I don't think anyone really wants to use those 4 dreaded words. It takes a lot sometimes to get through to people that this may not be the best thought out plan. Nobody needs to hammer the point any further. The dealer took care of that themselves.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all reality this affects like 1-3% of all order holders. Who’s cares quit crying. Buy the truck or don’t buy the truck. Move on with your life it’s not going to kill you.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the kicker - they don't want to take a transfer reservation. My guess is they're protecting their existing reservation holders (around 40)
This is the part Levine and crew KNOW (or if they dont they are stupid). No dealer wants transfer reservations. They have existing customer they don't want to shit on. The people who have so few reservations they're willing to take more are the people who run ADM.

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In all reality this affects like 1-3% of all order holders. Who’s cares quit crying. Buy the truck or don’t buy the truck. Move on with your life it’s not going to kill you.
So are you saying that the 1% to 3% should not be upset? That they should just forget buying a Bronco and "move on with their lives?" Do you realize that 1% to 3% is between 1900 and 5700 customers? And that many of those customers reserved a Bronco those first two days the reservation site was open?🤔

Wow. That sounds like some science fiction dystopia where the bottom 2% get culled.😥

Plus, these aren't all Granger customers. The other possibly thousands of culled orders will come from small mom and pop dealers in rural areas who won't stack up well with the new formula.
Sponsored