First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lived through that time and it was brutal, paying 15% for a car loan is just one example. What should also be noted is the way inflation is calculated by the government. It's changed considerably and the current method understates the inflation level compared to the method used in the 70's and 80's. If the method from back then was being used now the inflation numbers would be far higher than what is being reported now.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At least we can finally see where your basic misunderstanding comes from. The dealerships promised nothing, Ford is the one that made the promises and dealers and people acted accordingly. It really is that simple.

Ford then decided they didn't like the results and added allocations to weaken and kill the reservation system. Same thing will happen with the other 'reservation' based programs soon enough.
Sorry, that is simply fake news. allocations have been a topic long before people decided to switch dealers for a better price. Granted, allocations werenā€™t necessarily as thing at time of reservation, but saying they were just recently sprung on us is wildly inaccurate. Allocations were being discussed during the granger etc prime. I know so because I was very tempted to switch dealers, but didnā€™t because I feared I would get my bronco way later due to so many people waiting in line.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand the point you are trying to make when you say, "Anything you do or say will not change what Ford does with the bronco."

How is that helpful? I think you are missing what is going on here. Granger had 203 Broncos allocated for the limited MY 2021 run which included a few months. There was no reason to think they wouldn't get at least that for the next 6 months. Ford drastically changed the allocation formula for MY2022. So most of us are running around in circles trying to get enough information to decide what to do.

Telling us to do nothing is counterintuitive.
Ford told you what you can do. Either wait or move onto a new dealer to have a better chance. Either way your stuck for a bit. Good luck

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yet another owner (or soon to be) telling people to quit whining. šŸ™„
Itā€™s because i went with a big dealer at MSRP. We all make our own choices i guess some are just better than others.

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, that is simply fake news. allocations have been a topic long before people decided to switch dealers for a better price. Granted, allocations werenā€™t necessarily as thing at time of reservation, but saying they were just recently sprung on us is wildly inaccurate. Allocations were being discussed during the granger etc prime. I know so because I was very tempted to switch dealers, but didnā€™t becauā¶se I feared I would get my bronco way later due to so many people waiting in line.
Nobody is saying that allocations "were just recently sprung on us" as you are saying.

(This thread feels like teaching mandatory 9th and 10th grade math classes to teenagers who are addicted to their $1200 pocket entertainment devices. Some people aren't listening. Are you just obsessively thinking about if you can go back to watching Squid games without the teacher noticing?)

1.) No, nobody is saying we didn't know Ford was using allocation as part of how they decude which Broncos to build.

2.) Yes, most of us knew that ordering with Granger could delay our build somewhat.

3.) Yes, pat yourself on the back. I am truly happy for you if you have a local dealer who hasn't been an absolutely slime ball to you. Some of us don't have that.

4.) By the original allocation formula, Granger would have had enough allocation to fill all their orders in 2022 (and partially into 2023, but those would mostly be people who intentionally postponed because they want the mod top).

5.) The biggest frustration now isn't even waiting for a Bronco, it is that we are getting conflicting information from Ford.

Levine says "switch to a dealer with more allocation"

Ford CS says "you can't switch dealers if you already placed an order."

Levine says "2% of customers won't get a Bronco in 2022"

Ford CS says "all reservations will be filled in 2022 giving priority to unfilled 2021 orders"

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s because i went with a big dealer at MSRP. We all make our own choices i guess some are just better than others.
So how does your Bronco drive?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nobody is saying that allocations "were just recently sprung on us" as you are saying.

(This thread feels like teaching mandatory 9th and 10th grade math classes to teenagers who are addicted to their $1200 pocket entertainment devices. Some people aren't listening. Are you just obsessively thinking about if you can go back to watching Squid games without the teacher noticing?)

1.) No, nobody is saying we didn't know Ford was using allocation as part of how they decude which Broncos to build.

2.) Yes, most of us knew that ordering with Granger could delay our build somewhat.

3.) Yes, pat yourself on the back. I am truly happy for you if you have a local dealer who hasn't been an absolutely slime ball to you. Some of us don't have that.

4.) By the original allocation formula, Granger would have had enough allocation to fill all their orders in 2022 (and partially into 2023, but those would mostly be people who intentionally postponed because they want the mod top).

5.) The biggest frustration now isn't even waiting for a Bronco, it is that we are getting conflicting information from Ford.

Ford CS says "all reservations will be filled in 2022 giving priority to unfilled 2021 orders"
As we've seen so many times, one hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing. Hopefully as we move into the 22 model year, everyone will get on the same page and be able to provide correct info. This is the type of stuff where I believe Levine would be able to assist with.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford told you what you can do. Either wait or move onto a new dealer to have a better chance. Either way your stuck for a bit. Good luck
Ford told me what to do?
Do you want to know what Ford told me?

Ford sent me dozens of emails saying "some" Bronco orders may not ship until 2022.

Ford Customer Service just this week insisted that ALL the reservations would be filled in 2022 and that "2021 orders that didn't get filled in 2021 would be build first."

Ford has published a new allocation formula that is drastically different than 2021's formula and contradicts what customer service is saying.

So what exactly has Ford told me?

Hey, Here's a thought...
What would happen if a ton of the day-one and day-two Granger orders jump in front of you at your local dealer?

Would it be fair for Ford to let a bunch of Granger customers to jump in line? Because that is exactly what they are telling us to do.

Do you think anyone who has an honest local dealer will share that information and risk having 400 day-two reservation holders jump in front of them?

Granger and Chapman Horsham have a higher percent of early reservation holders because the same people who stayed up all night getting a reservation are some of the same ones who searched the whole country looking for honest dealers willing to give final out-the-door prices in writing at order time.

So for everyone telling Granger people that they should just switch, be careful what you wish for. Maybe none of them will jump in line in front of you at your particular dealership... but that is a real possibility.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how does your Bronco drive?
Iā€™ll let you know in a week. I imagine itā€™ll be just like the one I drove at the off rodeo.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford told me what to do?
Do you want to know what Ford told me?

Ford sent me dozens of emails saying "some" Bronco orders may not ship until 2022.

Ford Customer Service just this week insisted that ALL the reservations would be filled in 2022 and that "2021 orders that didn't get filled in 2021 would be build first."

Ford has published a new allocation formula that is drastically different than 2021's formula and contradicts what customer service is saying.

So what exactly has Ford told me?

Hey, Here's a thought...
What would happen if a ton of the day-one and day-two Granger orders jump in front of you at your local dealer?

Would it be fair for Ford to let a bunch of Granger customers to jump in line? Because that is exactly what they are telling us to do.

Do you think anyone who has an honest local dealer will share that information and risk having 400 day-two reservation holders jump in front of them?

Granger and Chapman Horsham have a higher percent of early reservation holders because the same people who stayed up all night getting a reservation are some of the same ones who searched the whole country looking for honest dealers willing to give final out-the-door prices in writing at order time.

So for everyone telling Granger people that they should just switch, be careful what you wish for. Maybe none of them will jump in line in front of you at your particular dealership... but that is a real possibility.
Iā€™m a day one opening night reservation also. You can try jumping in front of me at my dealer but i doubt it would work as mine is being built this week. So no itā€™s not a possibility for me at least maybe you can jump in front of someone else at another dealer though. Nice try there. Whatā€™s that saying ā€œstay pumpedā€ hahaha

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you the guy I quoted and responded to? I didnā€™t think so. I didnā€™t get past your first sentence because thatā€™s exactly what he was saying. Iā€™ll read all the complaints in silence, no problem, but when they are factually wrong Iā€™ll step in to keep things accurate.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you the guy I quoted and responded to? I didnā€™t think so. I didnā€™t get past your first sentence because thatā€™s exactly what he was saying. Iā€™ll read all the complaints in silence, no problem, but when they are factually wrong Iā€™ll step in to keep things accurate.
No, you were responding to @Drex

But you made a false statement in your post telling him he made a false statement. And like ton of others this past week, gave a public "I told you so" that you didn't buy from Granger.

(BTW... not a guy.šŸ˜)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m a day one opening night reservation also. You can try jumping in front of me at my dealer but i doubt it would work as mine is being built this week. So no itā€™s not a possibility for me at least maybe you can jump in front of someone else at another dealer though. Nice try there. Whatā€™s that saying ā€œstay pumpedā€ hahaha
I agree with the time stamp portion. As we've seen though, you're build will be one of the biggest factors for when you get pulled. I've seen where there are still many constraints to getting built.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I double dare! BOTH of mine from a larger dealer are being delivered in 2021!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha...
I'm not a Day-One. And I'm one of the "lucky" people who absolutely does not "need" to buy a Bronco. It's a present to myself for paying off my mortgage in 6 more months. So the longer I wait, the closer I get to paying cash.šŸ˜

But privately I already know of Granger orders who are moving and jumping in front of others. And I wonder if the other customers are even aware.šŸ¤”
Sponsored