Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s because i went with a big dealer at MSRP. We all make our own choices i guess some are just better than others.
And a condescending one at that.
Sponsored

Keith Baker

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a early reservation holder with a larger dealer in my area. I'll be OK, but I've never been more pissed at Ford. I've bought 35 new cars since 1977 and 10 of them have been Fords. These 2 Bronco's will be my last. Ford has no loyalty for reservation holders. They have lied. I no longer have loyalty for the brand.
I would never consider South Korea before, but they have never screwed a launch like this.

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But privately I already know of Granger orders who are moving and jumping in front of others. And I wonder if the other customers are even aware.🤔
Any idea if those that are leaving Granger know where they will land on the new dealer's list? I can't get any information from the three local dealers concerning their reservation list or allocation number. Are folks leaving Granger blind (just guessing they will move up on delivery) or do they know where their reservation sits on their new dealers list.

I don't think 1000 orders (I suspect those leaving Granger would be a much, much smaller number) being distributed across over 3000 Ford dealers won't displace current res holders very much. Maybe a few would just slide down a name or two. I can't figure out why my local dealers are reticent to help me make an informed decision.

This is certainly taking the joy out of this process.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all reality this affects like 1-3% of all order holders. Who’s cares quit crying. Buy the truck or don’t buy the truck. Move on with your life it’s not going to kill you.
Ford told me what to do?
Do you want to know what Ford told me?

Ford sent me dozens of emails saying "some" Bronco orders may not ship until 2022.

Ford Customer Service just this week insisted that ALL the reservations would be filled in 2022 and that "2021 orders that didn't get filled in 2021 would be build first."

Ford has published a new allocation formula that is drastically different than 2021's formula and contradicts what customer service is saying.

So what exactly has Ford told me?

Hey, Here's a thought...
What would happen if a ton of the day-one and day-two Granger orders jump in front of you at your local dealer?

Would it be fair for Ford to let a bunch of Granger customers to jump in line? Because that is exactly what they are telling us to do.

Do you think anyone who has an honest local dealer will share that information and risk having 400 day-two reservation holders jump in front of them?

Granger and Chapman Horsham have a higher percent of early reservation holders because the same people who stayed up all night getting a reservation are some of the same ones who searched the whole country looking for honest dealers willing to give final out-the-door prices in writing at order time.

So for everyone telling Granger people that they should just switch, be careful what you wish for. Maybe none of them will jump in line in front of you at your particular dealership... but that is a real possibility.
OK RBF 1401 all you can do after that statement is drop the mic and walk away, no need to respond to any of the trolls. Nothing more to say 😝

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership claims to be older than dirt, so they should know how things work with Ford. None of us knows what Ford told the dealer, but it seemed they were unhappy about something the dealer was doing. That's why some feel the dealer need to accept most of the blame. They took a gamble that didn't work out.
and why don't we know what - if anything - Ford told these/this dealer? Was it ever cleared that they'd get an unheard of delivery of over 1000 of the hottest 4x4 vehicle on the planet? Well, show it to us. 64 pages in, none of the dealers in the title of the thread have explained their reasoning and backed it up with communications from Ford corporate. It would be so easy to show us all that they got screwed over by some conspiracy everyone here is making up (fat cat dealers? So, being successful in business is suddenly a bad thing?) or just tell us that they simply didn't think this through and apologize. No dealer could have ever expected such a crazy allocation, especially not if they've been in business for a long time. Allocations are nothing new. The supply is not unlimited.

None of the customers signing up with them (or anyone else) should have been required to know about this though, but maybe the dealers should have stopped accepting reservations once it got a bit far above ANY allocation they EVER got?

Let them tell us the story, please come forward and let us know what really went on, because we just have 64 pages of nothing here.

I'm very ticked off by this for all of you who went with these dealers and believed to be in good hands. I'd just like to hear their side of the story, maybe I missed it?

And I hope you all get your Bronco sooner than later, it will be well worth the wait. Good luck!

Sponsored

BadSquatch22

Badlands
First Name
Catalin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a day one opening night reservation also. You can try jumping in front of me at my dealer but i doubt it would work as mine is being built this week. So no it’s not a possibility for me at least maybe you can jump in front of someone else at another dealer though. Nice try there. What’s that saying “stay pumped” hahaha
What a prick..

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

and why don't we know what - if anything - Ford told these/this dealer? Was it ever cleared that they'd get an unheard of delivery of over 1000 of the hottest 4x4 vehicle on the planet? Well, show it to us. 64 pages in, none of the dealers in the title of the thread have explained their reasoning and backed it up with communications from Ford corporate. It would be so easy to show us all that they got screwed over by some conspiracy everyone here is making up (fat cat dealers? So, being successful in business is suddenly a bad thing?) or just tell us that they simply didn't think this through and apologize. No dealer could have ever expected such a crazy allocation, especially not if they've been in business for a long time. Allocations are nothing new. The supply is not unlimited.

None of the customers signing up with them (or anyone else) should have been required to know about this though, but maybe the dealers should have stopped accepting reservations once it got a bit far above ANY allocation they EVER got?

Let them tell us the story, please come forward and let us know what really went on, because we just have 64 pages of nothing here.

I'm very ticked off by this for all of you who went with these dealers and believed to be in good hands. I'd just like to hear their side of the story, maybe I missed it?

And I hope you all get your Bronco sooner than later, it will be well worth the wait. Good luck!
Ford set the rules with the time stamp, not sure how you missed that important detail, then decides to change the rules

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK RBF 1401 all you can do after that statement is drop the mic and walk away, no need to respond to any of the trolls. Nothing more to say 😝
That sure is a lot of pot stirring. I'm curious how she knows what's happening at that dealer. I haven't seen them post anything?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think anyone really wants to use those 4 dreaded words. It takes a lot sometimes to get through to people that this may not be the best thought out plan. Nobody
Hilarious. So does “I told ya so’s” equal violent speech now? Find a safe space bro.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford set the rules with the time stamp, not sure how you missed that important detail, then decides to change the rules
Maybe last years allocation formula wouldn't have changed if dealers didn't try to back load their reservations with steep discounts. Maybe the dealers kept looking for holes in the allocation "rules" and Ford had to keep adjusting the rules to close the gaps?

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe last years allocation formula wouldn't have changed if dealers didn't try to back load their reservations with steep discounts. Maybe the dealers kept looking for holes in the allocation "rules" and Ford had to keep adjusting the rules to close the gaps?
Or maybe larger dealers could have offered better deals and customer service and then would have no reason to complain

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have my order with a small dealer with a small amount of orders.I think I should be good within 8-9 months.
They actually offered me first dibs on a mannequin 2. I passed because it was a 2.3 engine.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hilarious. So does “I told ya so’s” equal violent speech now? Find a safe space bro.
Seems people need a safe space as soon as those words are spoken. Some push the argument to the point that those words are the only thing left to say, other than correcting their spelling and grammar.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Or maybe larger dealers could have offered better deals and customer service and then would have no reason to complain
I truly hated Ford for MANY MANY years. I had a lemon Ford diesel from almost 20 years ago that almost cost me my marriage and my sanity. The Bronco is the ONLY thing that brought me back to Ford. I swore I would die first.

Yes smaller dealers in smaller areas have been able to offer great deals and great service. Dealers have different costs of doing business. Real estate, taxes, employees, utilities all vary. Allocation spreads the peanut butter around actually LEVELING the playing field. If allocations didn't exist, "low overhead" dealers would take all the hot inventory and sell it at lower prices than "high overhead" dealers. MOST people don't want to travel across the country for their purchases. Ford has to supply ALL the dealers with vehicles.

Ford didn't see dealers discounting a hot product and disrupting the normal geographic distribution of customers. They created a few rules to help. Then the dealers figured out other ways to skew the outcomes.. Then Ford created more rules. Then the dealers proposed playing by the new rules (Bronco Sports etc.) Ford will keep adjusting the rules.

In the end it sucks for the customer, but I really believe that Ford has just kept plugging holes vs going out of its way to screw with the little guy.
Sponsored