chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Or maybe larger dealers could have offered better deals and customer service and then would have no reason to complain
I truly hated Ford for MANY MANY years. I had a lemon Ford diesel from almost 20 years ago that almost cost me my marriage and my sanity. The Bronco is the ONLY thing that brought me back to Ford. I swore I would die first.

Yes smaller dealers in smaller areas have been able to offer great deals and great service. Dealers have different costs of doing business. Real estate, taxes, employees, utilities all vary. Allocation spreads the peanut butter around actually LEVELING the playing field. If allocations didn't exist, "low overhead" dealers would take all the hot inventory and sell it at lower prices than "high overhead" dealers. MOST people don't want to travel across the country for their purchases. Ford has to supply ALL the dealers with vehicles.

Ford didn't see dealers discounting a hot product and disrupting the normal geographic distribution of customers. They created a few rules to help. Then the dealers figured out other ways to skew the outcomes.. Then Ford created more rules. Then the dealers proposed playing by the new rules (Bronco Sports etc.) Ford will keep adjusting the rules.

In the end it sucks for the customer, but I really believe that Ford has just kept plugging holes vs going out of its way to screw with the little guy.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any idea if those that are leaving Granger know where they will land on the new dealer's list? I can't get any information from the three local dealers concerning their reservation list or allocation number. Are folks leaving Granger blind (just guessing they will move up on delivery) or do they know where their reservation sits on their new dealers list.

I don't think 1000 orders (I suspect those leaving Granger would be a much, much smaller number) being distributed across over 3000 Ford dealers won't displace current res holders very much. Maybe a few would just slide down a name or two. I can't figure out why my local dealers are reticent to help me make an informed decision.

This is certainly taking the joy out of this process.
Not as many are leaving as you might think. Although some have left the Bronco queue because they just ordered a Wrangler from Granger.😉

Most of us are not having much luck getting allocation and reservation information from local dealers. Hence the main reason I ordered with Granger in the first place. I have always know exactly where I was in line.😁

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not as many are leaving as you might think. Although some have left the Bronco queue because they just ordered a Wrangler from Granger.😉

Most of us are not having much luck getting allocation and reservation information from local dealers. Hence the main reason I ordered with Granger in the first place. I have always know exactly where I was in line.😁
Didn't you just through telling people customers are leaving there and jumping ahead at other dealers? Is this a how many ways can you spin this contest?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't you just through telling people customers are leaving there and jumping ahead at other dealers? Is this a how many ways can you spin this contest?
I was responding to a post that said 1000 were leaving. Many are leaving, but not 1000. 😘

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford set the rules with the time stamp, not sure how you missed that important detail, then decides to change the rules
well, from what I remember they didn't, it said right in the small print it depends on how many units my dealer will get. But be that as it may, I don't care about anyone's input here except that from the actual dealers involved, any one of them could shine a light on this, but they are oddly quiet. Crickets.

So defend and love them all you want, I love my dealer too, but none of us making up stories here can shine any light on this at all, only they can. Did they know about allocations? Did they talk to their rep once the orders rolled in? Did they really expect to get hundreds more units delivered than the largest dealers (successful at what they do, thought that's a good thing in America) would even dream of getting allocated?

Show me. Let them tell us how they thought and made sure this would work out. I'm waiting for days to hear their side. Nothing so far, just dealer fans with more opinions and made up stuff.

If they had communications with the mothership, they can show us. If not, they need to own up to overselling what ever they dreamed up might happen. No?

Disagree all you want, but I'm only interested in replies from those dealers. And yes, I have my Bronco, my dealer was fantastic and I wish you all had the same experience and it sucks that some get screwed by greedy jerks. They are a big lobby and own all those "pro business" politicians that make the laws. It would need a lot of noise to change that, as nice as it would be, I don't see that happening, because as soon as regulations of any business are proposed people flip out here.

Anyway, unless one of the dealers in the title of this thread wants to chime in with some real and proven information I'm out, everyone else is just making stuff up out of thin air. They know, they have the info, they lived with allocations for decades, share it if you're so transparent. Or don't ....

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was responding to a post that said 1000 were leaving. Many are leaving, but not 1000. 😘
Looks like I missed that that one. "Many" makes more sense. Nice example of how things get made up here to suite their talking points.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My money is on Bronc-O to stick around this thread and get the final word in no matter what.

Don’t let me down big guy. Keep fighting the good fight to educate all of us. It’s your time! 🤣

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634525935856

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My money is on Bronc-O to stick around this thread and get the final word in no matter what.

Don’t let me down big guy. Keep fighting the good fight to educate all of us. It’s your time! 🤣

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634525935856
I've been on "fall break" all this week, but have to go back to my 70 hour-per-week job tomorrow. So I definitely won't get the last word in here.

But I absolutely will get the last word tomorrow the first time I catch a kid watching Squid Games during class!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

well, from what I remember they didn't, it said right in the small print it depends on how many units my dealer will get. But be that as it may, I don't care about anyone's input here except that from the actual dealers involved, any one of them could shine a light on this, but they are oddly quiet. Crickets.

So defend and love them all you want, I love my dealer too, but none of us making up stories here can shine any light on this at all, only they can. Did they know about allocations? Did they talk to their rep once the orders rolled in? Did they really expect to get hundreds more units delivered than the largest dealers (successful at what they do, thought that's a good thing in America) would even dream of getting allocated?

Show me. Let them tell us how they thought and made sure this would work out. I'm waiting for days to hear their side. Nothing so far, just dealer fans with more opinions and made up stuff.

If they had communications with the mothership, they can show us. If not, they need to own up to overselling what ever they dreamed up might happen. No?

Disagree all you want, but I'm only interested in replies from those dealers. And yes, I have my Bronco, my dealer was fantastic and I wish you all had the same experience and it sucks that some get screwed by greedy jerks. They are a big lobby and own all those "pro business" politicians that make the laws. It would need a lot of noise to change that, as nice as it would be, I don't see that happening, because as soon as regulations of any business are proposed people flip out here.

Anyway, unless one of the dealers in the title of this thread wants to chime in with some real and proven information I'm out, everyone else is just making stuff up out of thin air. They know, they have the info, they lived with allocations for decades, share it if you're so transparent. Or don't ....
show me the small print…
the fact reservations were to be filled prior to stock is the main point of contention.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm betting you'll be around just to make sure. :eek:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been on "fall break" all this week, but have to go back to my 70 hour-per-week job tomorrow. So I definitely won't get the last word in here.

But I absolutely will get the last word tomorrow the first time I catch a kid watching Squid Games during class!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Please try not to make stuff up just to get the last word in. The truth has been told so no need for that.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please try not to make stuff up just to get the last word in. The truth has been told so no need for that.
Haha!
I can guarantee I'm not making up that I have caught multiple teenagers trying to watch Squid Games on their phones when they were supposed to be working on polynomial functions or geometric isometries.🤣🤣

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, this is a crappy response, but is anyone truly surprised those dealerships that promised the moon and got hundreds of people from out of area to order there haven’t been able to get enough Broncos to fill that extreme volume? I saw that coming a mile away so stayed local.
Call me naïve if you want, but when I made my reservation, I thought nothing of 'allocations'. I didn't know or care how many reservations Granger Ford had when I made my October 2020 res. Per Ford at the time, a reservation was a reservation, regardless of what dealer it was placed at, and it would be filled in the order in which they were received. To me, it wasn't a consideration that big dealer A may only get 40 Broncos and small dealer B get 100, because that is still 140 sold Broncos in the eyes of Ford. Its competition, its capitalism! Small dealer got more Bronco reservations and orders than you did? Too bad, up your game!

I'm holding out hope that Ford truly doesn't intend on hanging us 2%ers out to dry for the next 3 years and works diligently to fulfill ALL 2020 reservations converted to orders in 2022.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Call me naïve if you want, but when I made my reservation, I thought nothing of 'allocation'. I didn't know or care who many reservations Granger Ford had when I made my October 2020 res. Per Ford, a reservation is a reservation, regardless of what dealer it was placed at, and it would be filled in the order in which they were received. To me, it wasn't a consideration that big dealer A may only get 40 Broncos and small dealer B get 100, because that is still 140 sold Broncos in the eyes of Ford. Its competition, its capitalism! Small dealer got more Bronco reservations and orders than you did? Too bad, up your game!

I'm holding out hope that Ford truly doesn't intend on hanging us 2%ers out to dry for the next 3 years and works diligently to fulfill ALL 2020 reservations converted to orders in 2022.
My personal expectation is Ford cleans the balance in 2023 after giving all the big boys a years worth of all the non-reserved trucks they've been crying to ADM. A year of 800+ ressies delayed and lots will cancel. Thinking Granger gets 4-500 Broncos in MY2023 to fill the reservations left over, but still only the 120-200 Zach thinks he's getting in MY22.

After a week solid of asking mrlevine for an answer every day and him ignoring me to only engage with people sucking his dick, it finally put the nail in the coffin for me on taking Chapman up on their awesome lease offers. I still have my reservation with Chapman, but I'll have a gladiator in my driveway in 3-4 months. Ford better hope I don't grow eyes for the ugly truck or decide the utility makes up for the hideous looks, because if I end up really liking the gladiator I'll just say fuck the bronc and get another gladiator exactly the way I want it.

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call me naïve if you want, but when I made my reservation, I thought nothing of 'allocation'. I didn't know or care who many reservations Granger Ford had when I made my October 2020 res. Per Ford, a reservation is a reservation, regardless of what dealer it was placed at, and it would be filled in the order in which they were received. To me, it wasn't a consideration that big dealer A may only get 40 Broncos and small dealer B get 100, because that is still 140 sold Broncos in the eyes of Ford. Its competition, its capitalism! Small dealer got more Bronco reservations and orders than you did? Too bad, up your game!

It seems like a lot of people made that same mistake :/
Sponsored