Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good news. Levine will now help us with dealers who charge ADM. It appears having a female Twitter pic will get you right into his DMs.
You assume that, but his DM probably just says "did you have a price agreement in writing with the dealer principal and the Almighty Father signed and notarized at the time you converted your reservation to an order?"

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the piece that pisses me off about the told-ya-so's in this thread. They don't grasp the basic concept that any dealer with any scruples doesn't even WANT transfer reservations anymore. You know what dealers are thrilled to have me transfer my res? the one who are unwilling to commit to pricing. Coincidence? I think not.
Had the other dealer followed this dealers good judgement, there wouldn't have been a need for this thread to exist.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had the other dealer followed this dealers good judgement, there wouldn't have been a need for this thread to exist.
This dealer's good judgement is based on current information.

There used to be different information.

You refusal to acknowledge this basic fact seems like willful ignorance at this point really.

The WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD is that they changed the rules.

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You assume that, but his DM probably just says "did you have a price agreement in writing with the dealer principal and the Almighty Father signed and notarized at the time you converted your reservation to an order?"
Lol. Didn't think of that. Maybe Ford told him to quit OPENLY calling reservation holders idiots. Please only call reservation holders idiots privately.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This dealer's good judgement is based on current information.

There used to be different information.

You refusal to acknowledge this basic fact seems like willful ignorance at this point really.

The WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD is that they changed the rules.
I see that you've only been here a short time and may not be aware of the history between Ford and that dealer that goes back over a year. If you were aware of that, you'd have a harder time telling me I'm ignorant.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good news. Levine will now help us with dealers who charge ADM. It appears having a female Twitter pic will get you right into his DMs.
Screenshot_20211018-121247~2.png
Waiting for each individual to make a personal plea for help is is only greasing the squeakiest wheels. What about all of the customers that have no idea who Levine is? They keep being quietly fed to the dealers that have leverage, thanks to the allocations.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Waiting for each individual to make a personal plea for help is is only greasing the squeakiest wheels. What about all of the customers that have no idea who Levine is? They keep being quietly fed to the dealers that have leverage, thanks to the allocations.
Strippers and cam-girls to the front of the line... Nothing creepy here. ;) And yes, it's just humor.

Sponsored

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Screenshot_20211018-121247~2.png
Covert tried to pull that shit on me with a Focus ST when they were new. "We're now taking offers starting at $10K _over_ MSRP. You're welcome to be the first bidder." And that's the reason I didn't use them, the closest dealer to me, for my Bronco. Covert is <2 miles from here and I'll never darken their door again. I'll drag my cars all the way across town to any other dealer but them for service. When Ford cleans up their house maybe I'll start trusting my 'local' dealer again.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU DO REALIZE THE END USER IS NOT THE CUSTOMER TO FORD RIGHT? The dealerships are Ford's customers, we are the customer's to the dealerships....
Are you saying the corporate arm of franchise brands of any type don’t need to care about the final customer experience?

The business model for Ford (McDonalds, Planet Fitness, ReMax, Etc) rely heavily a consistent high quality experience to maintain high brand image. This is the purpose of a franchise model and why franchise stores need to go through corporate for everything. Control the end user interaction with the brand.

Ford very much needs to care equally for its dealership and final end use customer. Without both, they are out of business.

This is an unfortunate situation that happens when rules change mid game. What if those dealerships that are about to build a Bronco experience showroom (or whatever does is calling it) get the rules changed after the put down $1M to build it.

Ive Got not skin in this one. I nearly moved to one of the discount dealers but instead stayed with my local small town dealer even though one of the top 100 is less than 15 miles away. We agreed on MSRP. I’ve been in to see a few units as they pass through. I consider it a win. YMMV

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The last 6 were Fords.
Loyalty to me doesn't mean every car being a Ford. That's blind loyalty. I consider myself a loyal Ford customer because I've owned more Fords than any other brand by a long shot and always consider Ford high up on the list with every new purchase. I've owned 5 Fords, 2 Toyota, one Nissan, one gm, and one kia. For the gm and kia Ford didn't make competition in that class (solstice and k900). That's 50% of all my cars and 63% of all cars where Ford had a comparable model.

That's enough loyalty for me. I'm trying to pump those numbers up to 55% and 67% but Ford is making it hard.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am ordering a 392 from Granger. Problem solved. Really wanted a bronco but not going to be abused financially to get one.

Refuse to play these games.
My thoughts exactly. Went to Chapman for my 392. On my way to pick it up!
Sponsored