Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm in AK so there's some driving involved with loading and unloading multiple times.

I also have worked for a commercial vehicle upfitter for the last 13 years and drive brand new off the boat trucks often. Lowest I've seen was 3 miles, the most was 100. The high end had a tag from the factory stating it was used for additional QC test drive. Typically though, like the Transit I picked up yesterday was 30 miles the average seems to be 15-45 miles.
just ship it Horizon to go on a rack, Tote so dirty where we park and lash the cars down

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just ship it Horizon to go on a rack, Tote so dirty where we park and lash the cars down
Ford pays shipping, they use Matson.

Fun side note, there is a drop code for the north slope of AK. Shipping a trailer load out of Anchorage last year was $7k and Ford picks up the tab all the way through. So those guys whining about the destination charge needs to know they loose their ass on hundreds of trucks a year.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
235mi after lunch pickup rides and letting walk-up's to test drive :)

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been many years since I have received a car that I ordered. How many mikes are expected to be on our Broncos when we pick them up from a dealership? With these being brand new, obviously I wonder about people at the dealerships taking them out for rides before handing them over to us being the customer, just because they think they can get away with it.

Thanks….
No more than four Mikes, in the two-door; and no more than five Mikes, in the four-door. If you take the rear seat delete, only two Mikes will fit in either Bronco.

Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2014 Civic SI had 4 miles on it when I got it and It wasn't special ordered.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anything over 10miles (or 16.093km) would be very odd!

Realistically there should be one guy driving it off the assembly line to the holding yard, then the driver loading & unloading on the truck and ONE mechanic doing PDI that’s it. I don’t even let them “wash” my vehicles!

Also unless they’ve been extremely helpful throughout this shit show of a roll out I wouldn’t let them whore out your Bronco & make a bunch of Social Media posts. I’ve seen guys at other dealerships let other customers come see or sit in sold vehicles before they leave the lot.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wife's new F-150 had 17 on it. I don't think anyone else test drove it, they had to jump start it it had been sitting so long.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anything over 10miles (or 16.093km) would be very odd!

Realistically there should be one guy driving it off the assembly line to the holding yard, then the driver loading & unloading on the truck and ONE mechanic doing PDI that’s it. I don’t even let them “wash” my vehicles!

Also unless they’ve been extremely helpful throughout this shit show of a roll out I wouldn’t let them whore out your Bronco & make a bunch of Social Media posts. I’ve seen guys at other dealerships let other customers come see or sit in sold vehicles before they leave the lot.
When I think back on it, I think my 2010 Shelby GT500 only had like 3 or 4 miles on it. Crown Ford took the delivery of mine and two other guys as we were deployed when we ordered them. The General Manager was pretty awesome and stored all three cars side by side for us in a holding building away from any customers or salesman from crawling thru or touching them.

So a shout out to Crown Ford from 11 years ago. 😊

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
un side note, there is a drop code for the north slope of AK. Shipping a trailer load out of Anchorage last year was $7k and Ford picks up the tab all the way through. So those guys whining about the destination charge needs to know they loose their ass on hundreds of trucks a year.
That's a strange way of saying "thank you everyone else for subsidizing my shipping charges so I don't have to pay $7k myself for this"

:D :D :D

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is something I've been contemplating ... because I have lots of time waiting on delivery :)
I've resolved to accepting 50 or fewer miles... beyond that I may actually have a little bit of a fit...

But then, I'll climb in, drive off and forget all about the waiting and all the "stuff" that led up to the delivery and begin dreaming & enjoying the off-road adventures that await!
Sponsored