Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those looking for a good cordless air compressor for air ups, this is probably the best out there now, can do each tire from 10-35 in about 2 minutes.
Milwaukee M18 cordless, comes with 2 batteries, and a charger, for $199 @ Home Depot with free delivery if you need.
I don't expect this to get any cheaper, especially for a cordless.
1700082026079.png
I have this as my secondary compressor for when I off road. Works perfectly fine and super easy to move from tire to tire and quick too. I do find it runs 2psi below Bought it with this exact same deal a year ago. I have the Viair as my primary, but always have a backup. Also super useful if you have more than one car too.
Sponsored

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Batteries and charger delivered today but not compressor yet. Home Depot support said its not unusual for these kits to come in multiple shipments. Anyone else have that experience with this deal?

Update 12/1/23: Compressor came in 2 days later and everything works great!

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure why you guys didn’t buy the Trickflate. Thing is a beast and $80 cheaper. Don’t get me wrong I’m a Milwaukee guy, but this is better
https://td-distributing.myshopify.com/products/trickflate-dual-cylinder-12v-300-l-min-air-compressor
I have one almost just like that from Summit, but getting to the hood every time was a hassle (I got stuff on the hood that I need to undo before opening it).

Also, the Milwaukee is cordless and really quiet compared to these types, and much easier to switch between cars when you have more than 1 vehicle. My Benz has a battery in the trunk under the spare tire lid and it was a pain as well with all of the stuff in the trunk.

Both have their pros and cons, I got this for the convenience factor. Also have an excuse to buy more Milwaukee tools now and slowly move away from Makita. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Batteries and charger delivered today but not compressor yet. Home Depot support said its not unusual for these kits to come in multiple shipments. Anyone else have that experience with this deal?
Mine shipped and arrived together, but in separate boxes. Hope one of yours didn't get lost.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mine came all together in one box consisting of two other boxes.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have one almost just like that from Summit, but getting to the hood every time was a hassle (I got stuff on the hood that I need to undo before opening it).

Also, the Milwaukee is cordless and really quiet compared to these types, and much easier to switch between cars when you have more than 1 vehicle. My Benz has a battery in the trunk under the spare tire lid and it was a pain as well with all of the stuff in the trunk.

Both have their pros and cons, I got this for the convenience factor. Also have an excuse to buy more Milwaukee tools now and slowly move away from Makita. :ROFLMAO:
I’ve got 30 Milwaukee m18 tools/ corded tools and love them.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why you guys didn’t buy the Trickflate. Thing is a beast and $80 cheaper. Don’t get me wrong I’m a Milwaukee guy, but this is better
https://td-distributing.myshopify.com/products/trickflate-dual-cylinder-12v-300-l-min-air-compressor

This:
This compressor is not designed for 1 tire at a time and should be used with a 4 tire hose system. You can still air up a single flat if you need to, but the duty cycle dwindles to 2min doing 1 tire at a time. Airing up an entire vehicle, 1 tire at a time, will damage the Trickflate.

So, a 4 hose system, even a BYO, would probably make the cost about the same if not more. Also, not wanting to wrestle with an Octopus (err... Quadropus?) just to air up. We're often short on room for most trips.

Not needing to pop the hood and deal with running from the battery to rear passenger tire is a huge plus as well. This thing is a huge step up from my 17 YO compressor. That thing takes around 8 mins to air up from 18 to 35 on my stock 35 GYs. I've seen reports of guys airing up 37s from/to those same pressure in just over 3 mins.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This deal still appears to be available elsewhere online.

Before I pull the trigger, I'm wondering if a High Output (HO) battery would increase the speed/output of the inflator? I'm a bit worried about how long it will take to air up the squatch 35s from 11-39 psi.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This deal still appears to be available elsewhere online.

Before I pull the trigger, I'm wondering if a High Output (HO) battery would increase the speed/output of the inflator? I'm a bit worried about how long it will take to air up the squatch 35s from 11-39 psi.
The bigger battery won’t increase the speed. It’s still 18v. You just can go longer before charging.

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bigger battery won’t increase the speed. It’s still 18v. You just can go longer before charging.
Yeah, I suspected the battery size wouldn't make a difference but thought the "high output" designation might.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Can't say for sure with the compressor, but it is pretty obvious with the impacts when you have a big or small battery in.
It could be tool dependent. I haven’t noticed a difference on most of my outdoor tools other than extended time. I have sizes from 12 to 5 for the 18v tools. I generally use the 6.0’s on the impact. The 12.0 is physically big and some tools won’t sit correctly with it in. The compressor might be one of those. I know the fan doesn’t sit flat with the 12.0 but lasts a long time! I can take a look to see if I can hook up a flow gauge to the compressor to check.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be tool dependent. I haven’t noticed a difference on most of my outdoor tools other than extended time. I have sizes from 12 to 5 for the 18v tools. I generally use the 6.0’s on the impact. The 12.0 is physically big and some tools won’t sit correctly with it in. The compressor might be one of those. I know the fan doesn’t sit flat with the 12.0 but lasts a long time! I can take a look to see if I can hook up a flow gauge to the compressor to check.
Thank you both for the insight!

@BigFootie, I'd definitely be interested in the results of that test.

I'm also seeing reports online of people having issues with the HO batteries when used with the inflator. Perhaps the simple XC is the way to go. Certainly cheaper!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you both for the insight!

@BigFootie, I'd definitely be interested in the results of that test.

I'm also seeing reports online of people having issues with the HO batteries when used with the inflator. Perhaps the simple XC is the way to go. Certainly cheaper!
I just checked with a coworker whose son is an engineering manager at Milwaukee. He says it will only affect the output with regards to run time meaning the output or flow rate will stay higher longer with a 12.0 vs. a 5.0.
Sponsored