Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of us haven't carried a high lift jack in a long time. A hydraulic jack or taller scissor jack under the axle will handle any tire change. A high lift comes in handy for more serious trail repairs. The last two times I was involved in using a high lift on the trail were to repair a broken rear leaf spring on an XJ, the Bronco doesn't have leaf springs. The other time was on a rock buggy that broke off an upper control arm bridge and the axle rotated. That one actually took two high lifts and three winch cables to stabilize the buggy. But, if two control arms break off of a Bronco, a welder would be needed as well as high lift jacks and winches.

Not saying don't carry a high lift, but kind of pointless to carry one for the purpose of changing a tire.
I just want people to think about what specific lift points would be used for a Bronco before people add a Hi Lift to their Bronco recovery gear. Hence the question.

If you cannot use it, why carry it?

If you can use it, what are the lift points?

Just a practical consideration. Kind of like carrying a spare solid front axle, spare drive shaft with U-joints, or a Jerry can full of diesel fuel. All of those may make sense on other off-road vehicles, but would seem kind of silly in Bronco recovery gear.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want people to think about what specific lift points would be used for a Bronco before people add a Hi Lift to their Bronco recovery gear. Hence the question.

If you cannot use it, why carry it?

If you can use it, what are the lift points?

Just a practical consideration. Kind of like carrying a spare solid front axle, spare drive shaft with U-joints, or a Jerry can full of diesel fuel. All of those may make sense on other off-road vehicles, but would seem kind of silly in Bronco recovery gear.
I have the lift mate for it so I can lift at the wheel & only have to lift high enough to stuff something under for traction or to get a jack stand under.
YMMV :cool:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the lift mate for it so I can lift at the wheel & only have to lift high enough to stuff something under for traction or to get a jack stand under.
YMMV :cool:
That makes sense…

MetalCloak’s new Bronco 6G Overliner Rocker Rails, which were just announced, also have built-in Hi-Lift points.

Ford Bronco Minimal recovery kit contents? C1CCB92A-4F02-425D-9951-A26CFE2F84D5
Sponsored