BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm… I messaged him on Ebay and he told me that Cactus Gray is an easy color to match because there is no flake in it which leads me to believe he’s mixing his own paint.
Ah gotcha, I would ask him if he uses OEM colors then.

He might be referring to the fact that even having OEM metallic paints like AMB or Cyber Orange, it’s still difficult to match because the concentration of metallic flake is different in each batch. It’s really easy to match flat colors though. If you want Cactus I don’t see that being difficult at all
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

good forum info right here...thank you

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For some reason the MIC mirror caps don’t bug me at all, in fact it’s serious protection from trail rash here in the Oregon forest service roads, especially without power folding mirrors. But the MIC door handles HAVE TO GO. My rig is over $60k, having MIC handles is a slap in the face. Luckily it’s easily fixable lol.

Request: Door handle removal/install guide 😎
Door handles are really easy. Just pull the black plug at the end of the handle in the door jamb and rotate the screw mechanism until it clicks then pull the handle out at that same end. Then slide out the opposite end of the handle.

edit for video:

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have instructions how to remove the tailgate/door handle cap?

Sponsored

Smitty1979

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F-100, 2016 F150, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I just wanted to update with some pictures from this install. I'm working on a video from the other side, and I'll try to have that up shortly.

It really is as straight forward as the Workshop diagram shows. You can pull the glass, but you certainly don't need to- I did not. Here are the same four points shown in the diagram:

i-tkBW6nK-L.jpg

And from inside the housing... Shown in the following order: Top inner corner, top outer, side, bottom

i-gHsVtP6-L.jpg

i-6cKbvrj-L.jpg

i-Gg3zPV4-L.jpg

i-6kCS93q-L.jpg

Originally, I mistook the center tabs as locking points for the mirror cap. They are actually tabs for the marker light, so you don't have to worry about those right now. Just go in with either a thin flathead screwdriver or a good pick and pull up on the locks for each tab. When you have it all the way up and resting on top of the tab it'll click. From there I started along the bottom by the floodlight- you can use a non-marring pry tool or just your hands pull the cap away from the housing. I then moved to the top and lastly the side by the side spotlight. It'll come free. From there you can unplug the flood light (or just unclip it and remove it from the housing), unclip the sidelight and let it hang and swap your caps. That simple.

Flood light plug:
i-sS8gKfv-L.jpg

Spotlight:
i-vjMp3r2-L.jpg

I know you did this a couple years ago, but was just wondering if when you had it apart if you saw where_how the mirror fram could come apart from the arm knuckle?

Screenshot_20230425_221843.jpg

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Updated with official instructions & diagrams posted by @D2dhanover
Really appreciate these instructions!

I broke my side spotlight in the passenger side mirror pulling out of the garage the other day. Using these instructions, I was able to figure out how to disassemble. I'm just waiting for the replacement part to arrive.

One question: how do you reassemble the mirror cap without dislodging the spade connecter in the bottom puddle light? Every time I try to snap mine back together, the connector comes loose.

EDIT:

I figured it out the reassembly, so for anyone who might be going through a similar issue...

To reassemble the cap with the puddle light, you need to first pop the puddle light out by pushing down on the top, then replace and clip back in the mirror cap, THEN push the puddle light back up into place and it will snap in.

If you try to put the cap on with the puddle light clipped in, the electrical connector will not clear a plastic piece on the mirror frame assembly -- it will just push the connector out when you try to clip the cap in.

At first I thought Ford was just trying to screw with me by making an impossible puzzle... but I knew they got it on there somehow in the first place.
Sponsored

Last edited: