First Name
Darrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I posted about this before, but has anyone else that's taken delivery noticed a very loud whistle noise coming from the drivers side mirror?

My Bronco is a Black Diamond four door with the MIC top. The whistle is loud. Loud enough that it's disturbing when the top is on and the windows up. With the top off and the windows down, you need to fold the mirror in if you want to hear the radio clearly or have a conversation with anyone in the vehicle.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you place your hand on the bottom right corner of the mirror housing the whistling stops.

Has anyone else that's experienced the issue experimented with a fix? Maybe foam behind the mirror?

I'll try to get a video tonight so others can hear/see what I'm experiencing. I really like my Bronco and I know there will be a fix for the whistle soon enough, but I'd like to hear from others that have the same issue.
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bring it to the dealer. There is no way any of it gets fixed unless the dealers start reporting it FoMoCo.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '13 Exploder Sport and '18 Edge Sport both whistle(d) on the driver's side. Never bothered to fix it so I'm interested to see what works for the Bronco while I wait.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it you that experimented with electrical tape?

I remember seeing that just coving the seam between the two mirror shells resolved the issue.

Not a long-term solution, but a good indication of where the problem lies.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford quality controls needs to clean the shit out of there eyes how are this things making it out with so many issues I was afraid of this they just rushing these things out the door to fill quota and could care less about the quality

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I posted about this before, but has anyone else that's taken delivery noticed a very loud whistle noise coming from the drivers side mirror?

My Bronco is a Black Diamond four door with the MIC top. The whistle is loud. Loud enough that it's disturbing when the top is on and the windows up. With the top off and the windows down, you need to fold the mirror in if you want to hear the radio clearly or have a conversation with anyone in the vehicle.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you place your hand on the bottom right corner of the mirror housing the whistling stops.

Has anyone else that's experienced the issue experimented with a fix? Maybe foam behind the mirror?

I'll try to get a video tonight so others can hear/see what I'm experiencing. I really like my Bronco and I know there will be a fix for the whistle soon enough, but I'd like to hear from others that have the same issue.
Need something on the corner of the mirror to create better aero. Something similar to the little canards or fins above the back window of an evo.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just what I was thinking as a fix for this - need better tape lines - but that works for me.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drove this Bronco and it had a whistle noise coming from the mirror. I know that it was the mirror because it didn't do when you folded in the mirror. Not a real fix but narrowed down where it was coming from. So this not the just a problem with one Bronco.

Ford Bronco Mirror whistle issue Snap230

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the tape works, I'll just wrap the mirrors in 3M vinyl. Small enough job that I should be able to pull off without yanking out to much hair.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need something on the corner of the mirror to create better aero. Something similar to the little canards or fins above the back window of an evo.
Vortex generators are what they're called
👍🏼

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has it been said that this is the best avatar on B6G?

Ford Bronco Mirror whistle issue Untitled