First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently took delivery of my Bronco Badlands and have identified an issue. I've discovered that the rear passenger door is misaligned which is preventing it from smoothly opening and closing the door. I do not see it making contact anywhere so there isn't any paint related issue due to rubbing. The local dealer in CO will need to send it out to their body shop to realign the door and estimates +1 week turn around time.
Sponsored

RealDeahl

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bandlands, '06 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went to look at my Badlands at the dealership and my rear passenger door is having similar issues. I have not taken delivery. You have to slam it to make the window go into place. Otherwise it closes 1 out of every 4 or 5 times. Most of the time it stops short of closing all the way and the window does not go into place.

Did you get yours resolved? Mine is a hard top.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went to look at my Badlands at the dealership and my rear passenger door is having similar issues. I have not taken delivery. You have to slam it to make the window go into place. Otherwise it closes 1 out of every 4 or 5 times. Most of the time it stops short of closing all the way and the window does not go into place.

Did you get yours resolved? Mine is a hard top.
I'm sorry to hear that you're facing similar issues. I'm working with my local dealer to have my issued remedied by their Auto Body repair shop partner. Due to the backlog, my rig isn't scheduled to be seen until the 20th of this month. I'll post an update when available.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing similar issues. I'm working with my local dealer to have my issued remedied by their Auto Body repair shop partner. Due to the backlog, my rig isn't scheduled to be seen until the 20th of this month. I'll post an update when available.
Damn body work already do
Have a 2 or 4 door I’ll be sure to check my 2 door when I take delivery in a couple
Months.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. This is the kind of stuff that will eventually get worked out.

If I go over rail road tracks with my windows half down, they will rattle to hell then automatically roll down. Its a feature.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not the same, but my Ranger arrived with the right rear half out of whack. It appeared to be aligned, but it dragged because of the latch mechanism. I took it to my dealers body shop, and the lady had the audacity to tell me they could take a hmmer, and beat the loop in so it wouldn't drag. Ummmm, let me think...that's a hard no. :) I just thought to hell with it I'll see if it wears in, and it did. So just a word of friendly caution, be very wary of a dealers body shop when it come to something like this. I suggest you ask them what their method of attack will be before you leave your new Bronco with them. Good luck.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the same, but my Ranger arrived with the right rear half out of whack. It appeared to be aligned, but it dragged because of the latch mechanism. I took it to my dealers body shop, and the lady had the audacity to tell me they could take a hmmer, and beat the loop in so it wouldn't drag. Ummmm, let me think...that's a hard no. :) I just thought to hell with it I'll see if it wears in, and it did. So just a word of friendly caution, be very wary of a dealers body shop when it come to something like this. I suggest you ask them what their method of attack will be before you leave your new Bronco with them. Good luck.
Hammer!?!? SMH. Fortunately, my local dealer outsources all body work and I'm dealing with a reputable auto body shop that's local to me.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im having deja vu here. I swear this was discussed during the summer and there was a solution.. cant find it in search though.

I would have their body shop do it, but this is a common problem and easy fix as long as the door itself isnt mounted all wonky. They really do just smack it with a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer to get it aligned.

Last edited:

RealDeahl

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bandlands, '06 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dealer had the body shop manager look at it. The silver catch on the body was misaligned. They adjusted it with a slide hammer. Door is perfect now. Can't even tell it was touched. Did not take long.

ReneeC

Badlands
First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion TC, Harley Iron 883, Kawasaki Ninja
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stalking this post :)
I just took delivery about two weeks ago of my badlands. While washing it yesterday I realized my passenger door is misaligned. The gap is different than the driver's side and the bottom sticks out a bit more than the top. I have to go pick up an accessory this week so I'll mention it then I guess.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stalking this post :)
I just took delivery about two weeks ago of my badlands. While washing it yesterday I realized my passenger door is misaligned. The gap is different than the driver's side and the bottom sticks out a bit more than the top. I have to go pick up an accessory this week so I'll mention it then I guess.
I ended up taking to a different Ford dealership who performs all (in-warranty) body work in-house. They fixed it in less than 5 minutes. I do not have the specifics of what they actually did but it must have been very common and a simple fix.
Sponsored