Mis-Painted Interior Door Panel

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger (She's the last of the V8's)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all, first time posting a thread as I just picked up my new Base Bronco last week! Its awesome so far but a thing I noticed while at the dealer is that the interior door panel (the one near the inside door handle) on the passenger side does not match the body paint of my bronco at all. I got a Race Red bronco and the passenger side panel is not Race Red or Hot Pepper Red, its just some dull off red not even close to either one. I had just finished purchasing the bronco when I noticed as it was dark the day I picked it up so I didn't immediately realize, but I mentioned it to the dealer and they said I could have a ticket put in. They tried to BS me as though it had no chance of being fixed and I should give up without even trying. Well of course I said no as I want a properly painted vehicle that I paid for and had them put in a ticket but now they are trying to jerk me around a bit saying they need to see the vehicle again to even put in the ticket even though they took pictures and worked with their service center. I live in VA and bought it with my Dad in PA so I think they are hoping I F-Off and try to get it warrantied down here, but I want to make sure the dealer I bought it from fixes the mistake. Want to get opinions on best case of how I can get my car properly painted as I know stuff has happened like this before (IE harrass Ford on Twitter?, Customer Care?, Pray? lol). I will edit this when I get some good pics tomorrow in the sun to really show the difference to you guys, its really not a massive deal I just want what I paid for ya know? Btw honestly the dealer was absolutely superb up to this so I don't want to name drop yet...
20221119_084233.jpg
20221119_084207.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any pics?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was me, I'd simply take it into a local Ford dealership and get a warranty claim going. Who cares if it's the original dealership who fixes it? Furthermore, I would even try to find a local Ford dealership who actually owns a bodyshop - I'd have more confidence in that vs. one who doesn't and will ship it off to a third party to fix.

Just my 2 cents - But it should be covered under warranty.

OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ford seems to paint the Broncos assembled, you are most likely seeing the base coat or the primer, the robots seem to miss several areas in general (those covered by body panels) Maybe a cost saving measure.

My Cyber Orange Big bend shows Base/Primer around the door hinges and the structure behind the fenders though mine is a grey green primer with Orange/Yellow over spray.

Ultimately it is not your dealers fault they did not miss the spots, Ford did you should go to a local dealer and ask them to have the warranty work done, a few here have gotten approval from ford to have the work done.

Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it was me, I'd simply take it into a local Ford dealership and get a warranty claim going. Who cares if it's the original dealership who fixes it? Furthermore, I would even try to find a local Ford dealership who actually owns a bodyshop - I'd have more confidence in that vs. one who doesn't and will ship it off to a third party to fix.

you beat me to it!

OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

gotcha, good point about the body shop, I failed to mention I'll be back up there for Thanksgiving/Christmas so I just figured I'd keep trying with them, but maybe I should look around here.

OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ford seems to paint the Broncos assembled, you are most likely seeing the base coat or the primer, the robots seem to miss several areas in general (those covered by body panels) Maybe a cost saving measure.

My Cyber Orange Big bend shows Base/Primer around the door hinges and the structure behind the fenders though mine is a grey green primer with Orange/Yellow over spray.

Ultimately it is not your dealers fault they did not miss the spots, Ford did you should go to a local dealer and ask them to have the warranty work done, a few here have gotten approval from ford to have the work done.
gotcha great advice, did you get yours warrantied?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good luck. This will be my first American car since my 69 Camaro.

currently at my house
Lexus=bulletproof
Honda=bulletproof
VW Cabrio= Old crap
Dodge Dakota = old crap
Hopefully my new American vehicle won’t be a mistake. Trying to give US autos a chance

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

currently at my house
Lexus=bulletproof
Honda=bulletproof
VW Cabrio= Old crap
Dodge Dakota = old crap
Hopefully my new American vehicle won’t be a mistake. Trying to give US autos a chance
Lol,dont hold your breath!

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still didn’t buy it! Don’t scare me

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

currently at my house
Lexus=bulletproof
Honda=bulletproof
VW Cabrio= Old crap
Dodge Dakota = old crap
???? Dodge Dakota?????? were they not an American truck?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it’s really my daughter’s but my maintenance responsibility. Bought from a friend for her because it was really low miles and only 2500. I pay dearly for that now. That and the VW have a contest going to see which on can have the most warning lights on. Honda has 3 times the miles only 2 years newer and has been solid as a rock.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m far from an expert on auto industry but I wonder if it has to do with the robot not discerning between the primer and final color? One pic I saw here was red with red primer.

OP
OP
TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m far from an expert on auto industry but I wonder if it has to do with the robot not discerning between the primer and final color? One pic I saw here was red with red primer.
This is exactly what I think happened, the first thought that came to my mind was, is that primer?
Sponsored