John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

We're VERY excited to announce that we took delivery of our 2.3L Bronco this morning, and we're wasting no time getting started on our catch can designs! We have plenty more to come for this platform, and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated on the progress of our kit on this thread. Luckily for us, there are some similarities with the Ranger, and we did some legwork already with our 2.7L development which will help speed up the process.

For now, though, some teasers:

NLT_8889.jpg

NLT_9010.jpg

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TRUE HEART ā€“ 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN R&D, PART 1 ā€“ CONCEPT AND PROTOTYPE

NLT_9126-Edit-scaled.jpg

The 2.3L EcoBoost nestled under the hood might be two cylinders and one turbo short of the highfalutin 2.7L twin-turbo V6, but this buff four-banger was already good enough to dominate the mid-sized truck market by being the only engine option for the Ranger. The 270 horsepower and mighty 309 ft/lbs of torque matched with the mind-bending off-roading capabilities make this iteration of the Bronco more than qualified to hold that heavy mantle. Unfortunately, as capable as this powerplant is, it still does fall short in other ways, specifically when it comes to engine blow-by and carbon buildup.

For those unfamiliar with the term ā€˜blow-by,ā€™ make sure that you head over to our full-length technical article for the extended version of what it is and what it does to your engine. The short answer on both of those subjects is that blow-by is the side effect of internal combustion. During the engineā€™s power stroke, some of the gasses that propel the piston to the bottom of the cylinder will slip past the piston rings, which pressurize the crankcase. That pressure is relieved by recirculating air from the crankcase back through the intake system via the positive crankcase ventilation, or PCV, valve. In theory, it makes perfect sense and mostly works in practice as well.

NLT_8881.jpg

Our engineer, Dave, was under the hood of our 2.3L Bronco literally moments after it rolled in the shop to start his work on the catch can kit. Luckily, we already did our homework and had some of our components mostly ready to go. Make sure that you head to our engineering blog to get a full look at our prototype catch can kit!

-Nick

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there any updates on when we can expect to see these become available?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any updates on when we can expect to see these become available?
Great question! We're actually coming up quick on our presale launch so I'll more info for you guys VERY soon. In the meantime, we have one of our full production kits in house:

NT6_4365-scaled.jpg

More to come soon!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

As promised, the additional info on our finalized catch can kit is here! Make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog to get a closer look at the final design:

TRUE HEART ā€“ 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN KIT R&D, PART 2 ā€“ TESTING RESULTS

NT6_6809.jpg

But wait, there's more! Our catch can presale JUST dropped, so make sure that you grab your kit before our special introductory price ends!

BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN KIT, FITS FORD BRONCO 2.3L 2021+

MMBCC-BR23-21P_1.jpg

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

Sponsored
First Name
Beef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just me Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This looks great! I'm in. Excited to see this product located where it is in the engine bay. Good call!

TuffSlider

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Jeep Comanche, 06 Dodge 2500, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks really cool, and as a victim of horrible valve build-up on my M57 powered BMW, I certainly know that I want to avoid that experience on my Bronco.

While familiar with small off-road requirements for EPA and CARB, I am not as familiar for the light duty vehicle range. Will you be getting a CARB E.O. number for the kit?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shame I ordered a UPR unit, although theyre solid and not knocking them, just like to keep my cars as close to catalog as possible

congrat, and eta on pt2 of the intercooler?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered! Curious to see what other products you put out!

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!

We have plenty more in store!

Make sure you check out our other thread for the high-mount intercooler!

-Nick
I haveā€¦ just donā€™t think there have been any updates in awhile šŸ˜¬
Will the upgraded intercooler be fine/beneficial for a 90% daily driver?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haveā€¦ just donā€™t think there have been any updates in awhile šŸ˜¬
Will the upgraded intercooler be fine/beneficial for a 90% daily driver?
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread touche-ben-stiller

That would mostly depend on if you're planning to add a winch or any other components that would block the OEM location intercooler - if you are planning for something of the sorts, the high mount would definitely be a good choice!

Just to drop some more teasers in here, we're planning on some other intercooler options as well, plus I'll be kicking off some more threads, hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks with some more performance bits that we have in store!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump up this thread with a quick update!

We just dropped off the components for our first batch of kits at our warehouse next door. Yes, you heard that correctly. Thanks to the equipment we have on hand, plus the meticulous skills of our lead fabricator, we were able to manufacture the first batch of these kits right here in the R&D facility.

What does that mean for you? That means we're going to start shipping these kits out as soon as next week!

Still haven't taken advantage of our discounted presale? No sweat! We're going to continue our introductory pricing for now. Also, due to the high demand for this kit, we already started working on the second batch of kits in order to keep up. For a quick peek behind the curtain, where's a look at the second batch of brackets in process over the last few days:

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread NT6_7324

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread NT6_7333

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread NT6_7392

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's 2.3L Bronco Catch Can R&D Thread NT6_7386

Also, I just wanted to note that due to the way our system works, you may receive another automated backorder email with the estimated 8-10 delivery. Nothing to worry about! We have them in stock and will be shipping ASAP. If you DO get a backorder email without a shipping notification then we made it to the last of our first batch, and your order will ship with the second batch of kits.

Thanks guys! Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick

Last edited:

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How long is the presale pricing going to last? I want to get mine ordered but have really bad timing with my credit card not working.
Sponsored