Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received my package this week and went to install it yesterday. Like one customer said, its a little reach into the back of the engine. I ran into one issue. Concerning the bracket, your package will come with 2 nuts to tie the bracket to the firewall. My issue was with the stud on the left side. I had the bracket slid onto the threaded stud on the left side and started to thread it on, unfortunately for me I stripped the only threads this nut was going to grab on to, and now the nut is very loose and not very secure. Luckily the right side is very secure. I point your attention to the picture of the nut, if you zoom in on the left side, you cant see any of the stud bolt through the nut. In my opinion you need some sort of stud extender for the left side or the ability to remove this very thick washer that is welded on the back side of the bracket on the left. If you are doing the install, just be very careful of putting this nut on the left side or you will strip it.

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg
Looking for advice:

I was installing the Mishimoto Catch Can for the 2.7L. Just a warning when installing this. Be careful after putting on the bracket, the left stud doesnt protrude very far past the opening of the bracket, so take care in threading the nut on because I stripped the end of mine good, like I cant get a nut on there now. In hindsight, I should of reused the original nut. My question is, this threaded stud, is it fixable?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this thread up to let you know that we've officially launched our kit! Thanks so much to everyone that followed along with our development and jumped in on the presale!

Looking for advice:

I was installing the Mishimoto Catch Can for the 2.7L. Just a warning when installing this. Be careful after putting on the bracket, the left stud doesnt protrude very far past the opening of the bracket, so take care in threading the nut on because I stripped the end of mine good, like I cant get a nut on there now. In hindsight, I should of reused the original nut. My question is, this threaded stud, is it fixable?

Sorry to hear you had some trouble with the installation! Unfortunately, that's a tricky fix since the stud is part of the chassis. You may be able to use a die to re-thread the stud, but you may have to have the stud replaced entirely. You could drill it out and either run a long bolt through or install a rivnut to thread in a replacement stud

-Nick

TopWaterHit

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Black Diamond 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm interested but looking for addition of a dipstick for conveniently checking level vs unscrewing the reservoir in that location. Quick lock connectors on both sides and non-crossed lines would also be a plus.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mishimoto
Do you have a timeline on the dual can upgrade kit for us 2.7L presale folks?

The "watch a thread" function isn't always the best at shooting notifications and I don't want to miss out. Thanks!

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this thread up to let you know that we've officially launched our kit! Thanks so much to everyone that followed along with our development and jumped in on the presale!

Sorry to hear you had some trouble with the installation! Unfortunately, that's a tricky fix since the stud is part of the chassis. You may be able to use a die to re-thread the stud, but you may have to have the stud replaced entirely. You could drill it out and either run a long bolt through or install a rivnut to thread in a replacement stud

-Nick
I did actually fix this with some good ole ingenuity getting an M6 1.0 x 25mm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q2S6PJD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Like I said there were threads still left on the stud, but you guys welded this spacer on the back of the bracket, which I grounded off. All is right in the world now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mishimoto
Do you have a timeline on the dual can upgrade kit for us 2.7L presale folks?

The "watch a thread" function isn't always the best at shooting notifications and I don't want to miss out. Thanks!
VERY soon :D

NT6_0003.jpg

I did actually fix this with some good ole ingenuity getting an M6 1.0 x 25mm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q2S6PJD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Like I said there were threads still left on the stud, but you guys welded this spacer on the back of the bracket, which I grounded off. All is right in the world now.
Glad to hear you were able to find a solution!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Happy Friday! Bumping this up with the long-awaited update on our dual-can setup. Make sure that you head to the Engineering Blog to read more about this kit!

BACK FROM PASTURE – 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.7L BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN R&D, PART 4 – FULL SYSTEM PRODUCTION SAMPLE

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread NT6_0051-2

No matter the installed innovations, blow-by still remains the age-old nemesis of any engine’s top-end components. The mix of fuel and oil vapors galvanize into stubborn carbon buildup, robbing the 2.7L of the power and efficiency the Ford engineers painstakingly worked into this engine. Yes, this engine utilizes a dual-injection system that will mitigate carbon buildup, but even port-injection vehicles suffer the same symptoms of unfiltered blow-by over time. So, even with factory-installed countermeasures, a catch can setup is still one of the best means of keeping your Bronco’s engine running at peak potential over its lifespan. read more...
In addition to the full dual-can setup, we're also offering an upgrade kit for those who already purchased our single, PCV-side setup. This upgrade kit includes all of the parts necessary to mount and install the additional catch can in your engine bay.

Both of these kits are now available for presale with special limited-time pricing, and our dual can upgrade kit will only be available through this presale, so make sure you guys act fast!

BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN SYSTEM, FITS FORD BRONCO 2.7L 2021+

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread MMBCC-BR27-21S_1

BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN UPGRADE KIT, FITS FORD BRONCO 2.7L 2021+ **AVAILABLE FOR LIMITED TIME**

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Bronco 2.7 Catch Can R&D Thread MMBCC-BR27-21U_1

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

Last edited:

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys!

Happy Friday! Bumping this up with the long-awaited update on our dual-can setup. Make sure that you head to the Engineering Blog to read more about this kit!

BACK FROM PASTURE – 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.7L BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN R&D, PART 4 – FULL SYSTEM PRODUCTION SAMPLE

In addition to the full dual-can setup, we're also offering an upgrade kit for those who already purchased our single, PCV-side setup. This upgrade kit includes all of the parts necessary to mount and install the additional catch can in your engine bay.

Both of these kits are now available for presale with special limited-time pricing, and our dual can upgrade kit will only be available through this presale, so make sure you guys act fast!

BAFFLED OIL CATCH CAN UPGRADE KIT, FITS FORD BRONCO 2.7L 2021+ **AVAILABLE FOR LIMITED TIME**

-Nick
Thanks Nick! I couldn't find any link to the upgrade kit option. Would you kindly point me in the right direction.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys!

-Nick
Ordered today. Ready for that May ship date. Looking for a little more protection when engine gets boosted later this year.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys!

Got the dual via UPS today. Installing ahead of upgraded intercooler and Whipple tune. Since I'll have a more aggressive throttle action and only run 93 octane, figured I would get ahead of the curve. Are there instructions posted anywhere on which hoses go where?

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pre-ordered dual. I think it should arrive before my badlands is built :) Thank you Mishimoto

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the dual via UPS today. Installing ahead of upgraded intercooler and Whipple tune. Since I'll have a more aggressive throttle action and only run 93 octane, figured I would get ahead of the curve. Are there instructions posted anywhere on which hoses go where?
Hey @Razorback - Subbing in while Nick is out on vacation.

We just wrapped up the written install guide and posted on the product page. When you click the 'Tech Specs' tab, it's just underneath in an orange block. Here's a shortcut link for you, too.

Our install video is also being wrapped up early next week. Once that is live, I'll drop a link in this thread.

Pre-ordered dual. I think it should arrive before my badlands is built :) Thank you Mishimoto
Hey @Benzo - thanks for the order! Just a heads up that you might receive our 'standard' out of stock email reply saying you will receive your kit in 8-10 weeks. We are a touch ahead of schedule, so stay tuned. Good luck with your Badlands build!

- John P

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs