Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on the shared pictures I agree with you (and hope that's true). The only reason I ask is because in their first update back in November of 21' it was mentioned they would be relocating the ACC radar. "So, to clear some space for our new design, we’re opting to delete the active grille shutters and relocate the radar cruise control in the name of increased performance. " So figured I'd ask just to get some clarification. I'm also interested to see how radiator temps are effected with the high mount location.
Yeah it looks like you are correct. From this picture it looks like the have moved it to the left (drivers) side of the new intercooler.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1675875456264
Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it looks like you are correct. From this picture it looks like the have moved it to the left (drivers) side of the new intercooler.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1675875456264
Ahh good find didn't catch that when I looked through the photos before. @Mishimoto will this be the final relocation spot for the ACC?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also interested to see how radiator temps are effected with the high mount location.
Increased coolant temperatures are inevitable when you are installing an intercooler, light bars, winches, or other items in front of the radiator. Through our testing, we saw increased coolant temperatures, but still within a normal range.

Ahh good find didn't catch that when I looked through the photos before. @Mishimoto will this be the final relocation spot for the ACC?
Hi @Bcol2012 - yes, the image @Ducati1098 shared is the final relocation spot for the ACC. We spent many miles on the road ensuring that location would function properly. It worked well for us, although occasionally with less accuracy. From my understanding, this is common across relocating ACC sensors on other Ford vehicles, too.

- John P

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Nick, it got to almost 50 degrees today in central PA. I dug out some Bronc stuff to measure up some things. 😁

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0057.JPG

Winch fits between the bumper pads, might lose/have to move the bar in the middle. All good.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0050.JPG

I plan on at least getting the center grille cut out. My build week is still Mar 6th. It has jumped to about every day that week in the last month. :LOL: But has stayed that week. 🤞 Should see a window sticker this week, maybe. Progressing nicely so far on my side curious how are things on @Mishimoto side???? I'm looking forward to getting in on that pre-sale as soon as it is available. 😁

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. No interference and no relocation at all. Fits perfectly in the stock location. Honestly takes about 10-15 minutes to swap out with and tools.

Sponsored

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Nick, it got to almost 50 degrees today in central PA. I dug out some Bronc stuff to measure up some things. 😁

Winch fits between the bumper pads, might lose/have to move the bar in the middle. All good.

I plan on at least getting the center grille cut out. My build week is still Mar 6th. It has jumped to about every day that week in the last month. :LOL: But has stayed that week. 🤞 Should see a window sticker this week, maybe. Progressing nicely so far on my side curious how are things on @Mishimoto side???? I'm looking forward to getting in on that pre-sale as soon as it is available. 😁
@BAUS67, can't you move that winch control box and not cut the grill?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bronco Team - we are itching to get these on pre-sale. We are shooting for a mid-March pre-sale kickoff. I will keep everyone updated once the pre-sale page is live!

- John P

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BAUS67, can't you move that winch control box and not cut the grill?

Not sure but I do not believe so. That winch is the same as a VR winch from Warn. That is actually who makes it, straight up VR just not Warn name on it. Not planning on cutting the grille of the Bronc. The top of the bumper will need some massaging if I cannot move the box. The grille I was talking about removing was the one in the center bumper. I plan on mounting the winch and winch plate to the frame of the Bronc and that center section of the bumper will need to be removed to allow the winch to protrude through.

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Bronco Team - we are itching to get these on pre-sale. We are shooting for a mid-March pre-sale kickoff. I will keep everyone updated once the pre-sale page is live!

- John P

That sounds great. Just like to keep tabs on it so I do not miss out. I have kept checking in about once a month to see the progress. From the time I started diving into the new Bronc I said, "Can't wait until someone comes up with a high mount intercooler". 😁

Thanks John. (y)

Last edited:

Sponsored

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure but I do not believe so. That winch is the same as a VR winch from Warn. That is actually who makes it, straight up VR just not Warn name on it. Not planning on cutting the grille of the Bronc. The top of the bumper will need some massaging if I cannot move the box. The grille I was talking about removing was the one in the center bumper. I plan on mounting the winch and winch plate to the frame of the Bronc and that center section of the bumper will need to be removed to allow the winch to protrude through.
I'm planning on a Warn VR EVO, which does allow the control box to be moved, or relocated all together. However, I understand what you are saying now.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I pulled the bumper off the Bronco this weekend and tried to measure up the space with the stock intercooler in place. I'm not sure a standard winch will actually fit in this area, at least not with the stock bumper and stock skid plates. Hopefully Mishimoto can give us a some better dimensions of the space with the high-mount installed. How much the air pipes intrude into this space is a concern.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I pulled the bumper off the Bronco this weekend and tried to measure up the space with the stock intercooler in place. I'm not sure a standard winch will actually fit in this area, at least not with the stock bumper and stock skid plates. Hopefully Mishimoto can give us a some better dimensions of the space with the high-mount installed. How much the air pipes intrude into this space is a concern.

Yesterday I trimmed the winch plate so I know it will fit between the bumper horns on the bumper side. Which should be the same as the Bronc.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0121.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0122.JPG

Upon further investigation you were correct the control box was removeable. The winch will fit under the top plate of the bumper now. My cut off wheel died and I need to get a new one so I can cut out the center grille of the bumper. More on that later. Should be able to push it far enough forward to clear the intercooler piping.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0120.JPG

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got the bumper cutout just need to finish cleaning it up.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0187.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0185.JPG

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0180.JPG

Just throwing it together to get some idea on what it might look like. Plenty of room for the wires.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0184.JPG

With the winch basically flush with the front of the bumper horn pockets, I have 2 3/4 inches to the back of the winch. Hopefully the winch will be able to reside about in this location and not interfere with the intercoolers piping.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0181.JPG

I will need to make a cutout in the top of the bumper for the free spool lever.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0183.JPG

Bronco was built on Mar 7th. Delivery is scheduled for the first week of April. Then will just need to weld a bracket on the bottom of the frame horns to accept the winch plate. I would guess this week or maybe next the pre-sale should be up and going. Things are coming together nicely. 😁
Sponsored