Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

Haha, we're also STOKED to make progress on this project. Plenty more to come soon!

-Nick
idky, had to quote Sheogorath there from Oblivion

jokes aside, patiently waiting but excited as well
Sponsored

OnlyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mishimoto,
I was wondering if there will be a port on the intercooler for Methanol Injection that could double as a valve to bleed condensation off from the intercooler? On my 2019 Ranger I had a condensation issue with the intercooler and had to drill a weep hole. I am hoping there will be an aftermarket solution for the Beonco if it suffers the same fate.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
idky, had to quote Sheogorath there from Oblivion

jokes aside, patiently waiting but excited as well
It's all good, I can never pass up a good opportunity to break out my gif game

@Mishimoto,
I was wondering if there will be a port on the intercooler for Methanol Injection that could double as a valve to bleed condensation off from the intercooler? On my 2019 Ranger I had a condensation issue with the intercooler and had to drill a weep hole. I am hoping there will be an aftermarket solution for the Beonco if it suffers the same fate.
We are planning for added bungs, BUT those will be incorporated onto our intercooler piping designs

As for the condensation, we've definitely encountered that on some of the other EcoBoost engines out there (Focus RS and Older 2.7/3.5L F-150s) and even added drain plugs for the main offenders. We haven't run into any condensation issues with the Broncos, but it's something that we'll definitely keep an eye on.

Just out of curiosity, which intercooler were you running on your Ranger?

-Nick

OnlyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all good, I can never pass up a good opportunity to break out my gif game

We are planning for added bungs, BUT those will be incorporated onto our intercooler piping designs

As for the condensation, we've definitely encountered that on some of the other EcoBoost engines out there (Focus RS and Older 2.7/3.5L F-150s) and even added drain plugs for the main offenders. We haven't run into any condensation issues with the Broncos, but it's something that we'll definitely keep an eye on.

Just out of curiosity, which intercooler were you running on your Ranger?

-Nick
Thanks for the response! I was using the factory Intercooler. I put 40,000 miles on it in the first year and ran into the issue towards the end of the year.

Stevostang

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is any of this R&D being shared with any aftermarket bumper manufacturers to help take advantage of all that space? Specifically for a hidden winch setup that doesn't ruin approach angle.

Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a slight advantage or disadvantage with a black intercooler vs silver?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response! I was using the factory Intercooler. I put 40,000 miles on it in the first year and ran into the issue towards the end of the year.
Gotcha! Thanks for the info. That's definitely something that we can keep an eye on

Is any of this R&D being shared with any aftermarket bumper manufacturers to help take advantage of all that space? Specifically for a hidden winch setup that doesn't ruin approach angle.
We haven't directly shared info with bumper companies currently, but we've been keeping our eyes peeled for the popular options on both frame-cut, and hidden winch setups to make sure that we're not interfering with these.

Is there a slight advantage or disadvantage with a black intercooler vs silver?
Nope! We actually tested this a while back and there's really no difference in performance between which color you choose for your cooler. Really, it comes down to if you prefer to have something visible or if you're going for more of a stealthy look

-Nick

Hueso

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 F350 superduty, ‘22 2dr manual Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there going to be any fitment issues when running the rough country hidden winch? Plumbing is my only concern.
I have Not yet received my Bronco or which, both will be here this month!….. so pumped!
If you want to send me a unit as a test subject… I have the qualifications needed.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We getting closer to a new blog entry?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there going to be any fitment issues when running the rough country hidden winch? Plumbing is my only concern.
I have Not yet received my Bronco or which, both will be here this month!….. so pumped!
If you want to send me a unit as a test subject… I have the qualifications needed.
Hey @Hueso - congrats on your Bronco build nearing completion! Super exciting times.

Good question about hidden winch mounts. We have not confirmed any test fits here at our Delaware Engineering facility, but I think the best reference image I can find is here on our blog. The second to last image shows our 3d printed prototype installed on our Bronco Badlands. You can see the stock intercooler pipes disconnected, but our inlet/outlet meet where the stock intercooler pipes meet. Our end tanks are just behind the front bumper beam bracket.

We'll keep you in mind about your offer to be a test subject.

We getting closer to a new blog entry?
Hey @JoeSpeed - The next blog post is likely a few weeks out.

- John P

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Mishimoto in the blog post you guy's were talking about moving the adaptive cruise control where were you guy's think about putting it? I only seen 1 relocate bracket on the market right now.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Mishimoto in the blog post you guy's were talking about moving the adaptive cruise control where were you guy's think about putting it? I only seen 1 relocate bracket on the market right now.
Right now we're planning on moving the ACC sensor to the upper driver's side of the grill. We'll have some more info on the brackets and production sample coming soon!

-Nick

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We got some new goodies in the shop today :cool:

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread NT6_9543

More to come soon!

-Nick
Can't wait, hopefully, next Mishimoto will start R&D for a Hi-Performance radiator as well.
Sponsored