First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be critical, but quick back of the napkin math for a 2.7L comes to $149 per HP gain and $117 per lb-ft. Return on investment does not appear to be advantageous. The air-flow increase and temp. reduction is very good, but $1,200 is a lot to spend for minimal performance improvement. Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing the fact that we can now install a hidden winch.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell just find the bumper you like and start chopping. That’s what I did. 😁

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 17D563AF-2A1D-43ED-8464-D408FF139497
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 17D563AF-2A1D-43ED-8464-D408FF139497

🤣🤣
Better idea, especially with the free space

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man these things are shipping fast

Just got mine today. 😁 I'll get in unboxed, sorted, and checked. The wrenches will be flying this weekend. Along with the cleaning bucket and hose. ;)

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread IMG_0440.JPG

Thanks @Mishimoto !!!!!!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got mine today. 😁 I'll get in unboxed, sorted, and checked. The wrenches will be flying this weekend. Along with the cleaning bucket and hose. ;)

Thanks @Mishimoto !!!!!!
Hey @BAUS67 - solid. Glad to see your order arrived quickly. Enjoy the wrenching this weekend!

- John

cvd2486

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1984 Mercedes 300D, 2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All, I installed this over the weekend and things went pretty smooth but it looks like my order was missing a box of the plastic ducting (the piping to make the system function was all there). I believe you should receive 4 boxes (with the 2.3 kit with intercooler pipes) - I only received 3. Called @Mishimoto this morning and they are correcting this with no issues but it will be a bit of a pain to go back and re-install the foam and ducting bits.

Other thing is that the instructions said to install headlights at Step 53 but probably meant to be all at Step 83 - doing it early blocks you from routing one connector on the driver's side, had to unbolt and rebolt that lamp and re-align it. Not a big deal but a little annoying as its finicky to get them lined up just right.

Picture attached with Capable bumper and the big empty space for a winch, although I think it would be necessary to modify the bumper a decent amount to make one fit. We'll see!

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread Installed_02
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread Installed_03

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1681140278044

Did mine this weekend as well. I was missing some hardware also, but made due with what I had because I do not have the ACC, so just used those as replacement for now.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1681140724236

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1681140810706

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All, I installed this over the weekend and things went pretty smooth but it looks like my order was missing a box of the plastic ducting (the piping to make the system function was all there). I believe you should receive 4 boxes (with the 2.3 kit with intercooler pipes) - I only received 3. Called @Mishimoto this morning and they are correcting this with no issues but it will be a bit of a pain to go back and re-install the foam and ducting bits.

Other thing is that the instructions said to install headlights at Step 53 but probably meant to be all at Step 83 - doing it early blocks you from routing one connector on the driver's side, had to unbolt and rebolt that lamp and re-align it. Not a big deal but a little annoying as its finicky to get them lined up just right.

Picture attached with Capable bumper and the big empty space for a winch, although I think it would be necessary to modify the bumper a decent amount to make one fit. We'll see!
Hey @cvd2486 - thanks for the installed photos! I'm sorry to hear you were missing the box which includes the ducting + foam, but am glad our Experience Team is able to quickly get you what you need. We'll give our written install guide another once over to make sure the steps are 100%.

Did mine this weekend as well. I was missing some hardware also, but made due with what I had because I do not have the ACC, so just used those as replacement for now.
Hey @BAUS67 - thanks for sharing the installed photos! I'm sorry to hear you were missing some hardware. Please reach out to our Experience Team. They will be happy to get you the missing items.

Thanks,
John

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey @cvd2486 - thanks for the installed photos! I'm sorry to hear you were missing the box which includes the ducting + foam, but am glad our Experience Team is able to quickly get you what you need. We'll give our written install guide another once over to make sure the steps are 100%.

Hey @BAUS67 - thanks for sharing the installed photos! I'm sorry to hear you were missing some hardware. Please reach out to our Experience Team. They will be happy to get you the missing items.

Thanks,
John

Thanks John, I figured as much just did not try on Saturday/Sunday just thought I would reach out this week. I had no issues with what was missing, it was only a few bolts which I substituted with ones I did not need. Bronc runs and drives perfectly fine. No CEL.

Last edited:

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Bronco crew,

Will this diagram help people know the dimensions between the front frame horns and Mishimoto high-mount?

1681301753211.png

- John
Hey John,

Can either intercooler kit be installed with some of the common frame tie-in bumper brackets.

Like the ones from LOD or included with Havoc bumpers?
Would both high mount and low mount work?
Would it make sense to install the intercooler before, or after, the bumper?

I am decinding on a winch bumper now and trying to plan the install / compatibility.

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1681684384294

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 1681684400984

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey John,

Can either intercooler kit be installed with some of the common frame tie-in bumper brackets.

Like the ones from LOD or included with Havoc bumpers?
Would both high mount and low mount work?
Would it make sense to install the intercooler before, or after, the bumper?

I am decinding on a winch bumper now and trying to plan the install / compatibility.
Hey @GeorgeFromDallas - Great question! We have not installed either of these products in-house, but our Engineer, Dan, took a look at the images you provided above. Because the Havoc brackets bend 90 degrees horizontally, this will interfere with our intercooler. It's possible that the LOD brackets might fit (because they are vertical), but might require minimal trimming to clear the inside of the intercooler end tanks. Sorry this isn't a perfect answer for you, but it's challenging to design around the multitude of other aftermarket products.

- John
Sponsored