Sponsored

Mismatched trim panel from factory

• Thread starter Deleted member 49144
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 49144

So I’ve owned this vehicle for about 3 weeks now, I love the vehicle and this wouldn’t really deter my opinion of that…but

I just happen to be walking around the vehicle and noticed this. The pictures are two of the right side and one of the left. The right side is clearly carbonized gray metallic, my car is silver. Anybody ever seen anything like this? I’ll tell you what though, whoever did this deserves the “not my problem” of the year award lol.

Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory A71F58FA-BB2D-4CED-BCEB-867FC20D1A96
Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory BF265082-23B7-46F1-9F32-F07878098F93
Ford Bronco Mismatched trim panel from factory B5C0EF8E-4A6C-44E5-8BE6-CE2767AD80E3
Sponsored

Archedamian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands, Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Wait. You've owned it for 3 weeks and this is the first that you are noticing the mismatch trim? 🥴
Yes unfortunately lol. It sort of blends in to the area. Doesn’t stick out as much as on a different body panel. No one at the dealer noticed either.

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer has no incentive to notice it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

The dealer has no incentive to notice it.
that’s a good point I guess, wish it wasn’t like that. Any chances they’d give me any problem with a warranty claim? I’m assuming this is pretty straight forward, and I can just order it already painted from Ford ?

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work in an auto plant, the people installing these plastic parts have them come kitted ready to install and have an average of about 80 seconds to do all their processes have them installed and go to the next place. This is a final vehicle audit miss by the inspector. Take it to the dealer show him be very mad get free stuff...demand free stuff... they have a log of who was supposed to catch this... legs will be striped!!

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I have spot on my dash, almost looks like a hole in the trim cover that I noticed after I picked up my truck. MY OCD is killing me not to look at it. I was so excited to get the truck and make sure the fuse box was properly grounded, I didn't even catch it. Your issue is different, that needs to be sorted.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s a good point I guess, wish it wasn’t like that. Any chances they’d give me any problem with a warranty claim? I’m assuming this is pretty straight forward, and I can just order it already painted from Ford ?
Likely will be repainted at the dealership or their preferred body shop.

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

Likely will be repainted at the dealership or their preferred body shop.
I mean, I’m sure I can easily pull this off, it’s probably just a couple of bolts and drop it off. I wouldn’t mind driving without it for a week.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It wont come painted from Ford. But there is no reason this shouldn't be warranty. I'm sure the dealer will just have it repainted the correct color.

OP
OP

Deleted member 49144

It wont come painted from Ford. But there is no reason this shouldn't be warranty. I'm sure the dealer will just have it repainted the correct color.
that’s good enough for me, it’s a small enough part that I’m not concerned about complete color match. It is silver after all. Anybody know how to remove this piece. I believe there are two bolts behind the tail gate if I’m correct ?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that’s good enough for me, it’s a small enough part that I’m not concerned about complete color match. It is silver after all. Anybody know how to remove this piece. I believe there are two bolts behind the tail gate if I’m correct ?

Removal

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

NOTE: Left hand side shown, right hand similar.

1. Loosen the rearmost fender flare-quarter turn fastener and position out the wheel moulding.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
  1. Remove the pushpins from the inside trim panel.
  1. Remove the lower trim piece by disengaging the retaining tabs. Pull from the inside edge first, then pull from the outside edge.
  1. Remove the lower retaining bolt from the inside trim piece. Pull on the lower part of the trim piece to disengage the upper retaining clips.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably shipping damage repair that didn’t get painted. TC Ford has a row of damaged Broncos on a video. Said it was from shipping. I have an interior fixed with a sharpy black marker. That find didn’t make me happy. But it’s in a spot not seen without looking for it.
Sponsored