Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I know the dealers are scrambling to place order and that Ford's systems have been known to fail under stress.

So I have a reservation from back in December. I gave the dealer a new design on Saturday. The sent me a build spec and purchase order. I sent it back signed.

The say they have placed the order. I went to the dealer and gave them a $500 deposit. They said to expect a confirmation email from Ford. That was Sunday.

Right now the reservation on the Ford site is still a reservation. The dealer swears that the order was placed. I did receive my reservation money back ($100) but that got transferred from Ford to the dealer and the refund was from the dealer. So still no evidence the order was placed.

I know how things can fall through the cracks so I just want to stay on top of it.

What would you do? Chill? Panic? Call Ford?
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the customs service jerks

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My order took about 3-4 days to show up in the ford account thingy, I wouldn't stress

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my order the 19th didn't get a confirmation email until the 23rd. My ford account updated to ordered a day after that. Give it a few days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my order the 19th didn't get a confirmation email until the 23rd. My ford account updated to ordered a day after that. Give it a few days.
You mean I can’t be impatient? I wonder how I’ll be in eight months when I’m still waiting for a build date. :)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you receive a confirmation email from Ford? If so, when?
was a few days later, don't remember the exact timing, but again, don't stress, you're good to go, you'll get your bronco sometime around the next election like the rest of us

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never said that 😏, the 20th, 21st, and 22nd I stayed on my ford account and kept my email open. It was 10x worst than Christmas as a child.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When it comes to not receiving the confirmation email, there’s two scenarios:

1. Order wasn’t submitted or was submitted with a 99 code.

2. It just got lost in the ether someplace.

Scenario #2 is much more common and many people on the forum have experienced this.

If your Ford.com account shows your reservation is now an order, and you have the order summary (as you do), and the only thing you didn’t get was the email, then I would not worry.

I would encourage people to check in with your dealer and confirm that the Order Summary preview they showed you did actually get submitted... My dealer showed me the summary, and once I confirmed it was accurate, that’s when he submitted it.... but it sounds like they’ve already confirmed that for you.

I would want to sort out why you didn’t get the email so you didn’t miss future ones, and it could be anything from spam filtering to an incorrect email address in your account... but it could just be a fluke on Ford’s end. As I mentioned before, the system that generates that email is a different one than the actual ordering system, so there are numerous ways the chain from order submission to email sitting in your inbox could go wrong.

(the email is a very very spammy looking email. If your filter system is aggressive, or you’re used to just deleting a ton of emails a day without looking at them closely, it’d be easily misidentified)
This is discussed several times on the forum but here is a great response on one of the multiple other threads.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is discussed several times on the forum but here is a great response on one of the multiple other threads.
I do have an order summary but that’s not proof that the order was submitted, it’s just a preview.

While I want to be cautious I also know it’s in the dealer’s best interest to get the order in. I’m just annoyed the dealer can’t sent me proof of the order.

And by annoyed I mean I’m being impatient and need to go start another cup holder thread. ;-)

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It took me about two weeks to get my confirmation. You’ll get it.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took me about two weeks to get my confirmation. You’ll get it.
Two weeks! Did the confirmation show when they actually submitted the order and did it match what you expected?

With the Bronco it seems the order date is less important than the reservation date just as long as the order gets submitted before the 18th. But there’s also the allocation game at the dealer. I’m not even sure I’ll make the MY21 cut yet. It’s like waiting for the damn river card.
Sponsored