Sponsored

Mmmk... Made a reservation... Now what? (Weird email from dealer).

LocalYokel

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 320i
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, I got the Bronco bug. I made a reservation, for a Big Bend, and I'm in no rush. I know I'm late to the party. Late next year, or even early 2022 would be fine.

I had them place the reservation with a local Ford dealer with a better-than-average reputation. My reservation says, "Your dealer will be reaching out to you..."

However, a few hours later, they emailed me with this:

Eric,

We have received your reservation. This month Ford will be opening up your reservation so you will have the ability to pick all your options and accessories. Check back via your login that you created often.

Justin Bond
Sales Manager
Reynolds Ford of OKC

Kind of sounds like he's saying, 'don't call us...' Maybe he's tired of anxious Bronco buyers by now? Maybe he's just referring to the Build and Price feature?

So I'm in no hurry, but if the Ford website says the dealer will be reaching out, and the dealer is saying keep checking your online reservation for it to 'open', what am I supposed to expect at this point?

Am I over thinking this?

-Eric
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I got the Bronco bug. I made a reservation, for a Big Bend, and I'm in no rush. I know I'm late to the party. Late next year, or even early 2022 would be fine.

I had them place the reservation with a local Ford dealer with a better-than-average reputation. My reservation says, "Your dealer will be reaching out to you..."

Eric,

We have received your reservation. This month Ford will be opening up your reservation so you will have the ability to pick all your options and accessories. Check back via your login that you created often.

Justin Bond
Sales Manager
Reynolds Ford of OKC

Kind of sounds like he's saying, 'don't call us...' Maybe he's tired of anxious Bronco buyers by now? Maybe he's just referring to the Build and Price feature?

So I'm in no hurry, but if the Ford website says the dealer will be reaching out, and the dealer is saying keep checking your online reservation for it to 'open', what am I supposed to expect at this point?

Am I over thinking this?

-Eric
are you an okie too? i’m working with the folks at seminole ford and they’ve been very helpful. i’m in the okc area actually but i’m making the drive

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eric,

Justin Bond
Sales Manager
Reynolds Ford of OKC

Am I over thinking this?

-Eric
Yes. Lol. Nothing to do till December at best. And you'll be 22 model year. You can always stop by and say hi and then go away!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're over thinking it. B&P just went online on Friday. You likely got a canned message from your dealer that hasn't been changed since B&P opened.

You'll hear lots on this forum that reserved in July and haven't heard a thing so you're already a leg up.

fatralphy

Outer Banks
First Name
Ralphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not trying to thread jack but I also got a weird email today.

This was the email I got today -

Just received information. As of a couple days ago Ford has about 140,000 Bronco reservations. Ford is only capable of producing about 70,000 for 2021. Any reservations made after September 20th will be 2022 models.

Sales Consultant
The Ford Store Morgan Hill

When I followed up to ask what the timeline looked like on 2022 rolling out, he had no answer.

I was pumped and hoping to buy the vehicle Spring of next year - who knows now.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to thread jack but I also got a weird email today.

This was the email I got today -

Just received information. As of a couple days ago Ford has about 140,000 Bronco reservations. Ford is only capable of producing about 70,000 for 2021. Any reservations made after September 20th will be 2022 models.

Sound about right from what Ford has put out lately
Anything after 9-19 would be a MY 22

Sales Consultant
The Ford Store Morgan Hill

When I followed up to ask what the timeline looked like on 2022 rolling out, he had no answer.

I was pumped and hoping to buy the vehicle Spring of next year - who knows now.
This has been published by Ford
All reservations after 9-19 will be. MY 22

OP
OP
LocalYokel

LocalYokel

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 320i
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gotcha. Well, I'll just cool my jets and wait... Maybe something else will catch my eye in the meantime. Hopefully when my turn is up my dealer will let me know... Thanks guys!
Sponsored