Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds pretty sweet. Now you have me thinking about doing a 2 day run the 30th and 1st, since I don't check in until the 1st but I'll probably want to come down during the weekend.
we “should” be in town sometime that Sunday. So been looking for something to do that Monday.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds pretty sweet. Now you have me thinking about doing a 2 day run the 30th and 1st, since I don't check in until the 1st but I'll probably want to come down during the weekend.
Planning to do the same. We should coordinate as it gets closer.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been thinking about doing white rim on that Monday, the 1st. Found this article this morning.

https://www.earthtrekkers.com/how-to-drive-the-white-rim-road-in-one-day/
Very tempting, as we we'll be in Spanish Fork on Friday visiting friends & making a run out to Heber City on Saturday for a train ride.
I'm just wondering how grueling of a push it would be to drive White Rim in 1 day :unsure: . We won't have camping provisions with us so no option there. We would probably stay in Green River Sunday (cheaper but more of drive to Moab) If we committed & could link up from there.
The time to set it up is now though. ;)

Heck, think I might just plan on being in the area to hit Arches & Canyon Lands on Monday regardless.

(edit) Get it set up I'm there, just cleared it with the wife. :cool:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking like permits available 24/hrs before.

https://www.recreation.gov/permits/4251904

Also called Ranger service, no reservations needed for Canyon Lands. (y)
Looking more at this, I'm in for the Potash Rd/ Shafer trail 18 miles /4 + hours (Currently closed for snow but should be open when we are there). While not the whole White Rim, but no permit needed and not the extended day + White Rim would take. Plenty of scenery & it might be a little more enjoyable due to not trying to rush through it :unsure:.
While I think White Rim would be awesome, I think it might be a bit much for a single day adventure for us.
So if anyone else want to join in, I'm good for running this on Monday 5-1 :cool:

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking more at this, I'm in for the Potash Rd/ Shafer trail 18 miles /4 + hours (Currently closed for snow but should be open when we are there). While not the whole White Rim, but no permit needed and not the extended day + White Rim would take. Plenty of scenery & it might be a little more enjoyable due to not trying to rush through it :unsure:.
While I think White Rim would be awesome, I think it might be a bit much for a single day adventure for us.
So if anyone else want to join in, I'm good for running this on Monday 4-30 :cool:
How I’m leaning too. Doing the whole thing in a day with a group of any size would be hard. Also don’t my wife would be too happy “going” on the trail side for that long lol.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How I’m leaning too. Doing the whole thing in a day with a group of any size would be hard. Also don’t my wife would be too happy “going” on the trail side for that long lol.
Yep, it might be a bit too much to ask, especially with a whole week of trails to come.

Remember, to quote Foxworthy "If she aint happy you aint happy. And if she aint happy long enough, you're unhappy with 1/2 your stuff" ;)

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might roll in early Monday morning. AirB&B check in is 4pm Monday, so I would only be up for a partial “down and back” of The Rim, not the whole 100 miles. Plus I’m a 2-door on 36’s so I probably couldn’t make the whole thing anyway LOL

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I'm not on this trip but lurk in the shadows, reading all your posts and info. Cheering ya'll on from the sidelines.
White rim in one day is a hard push.
Like, getting up and going before dawn and still having to push.
From what I have read (so far that's all I know is what I can read about it) there is a limited amount of vehicles per day allowed in (I think maybe 60), and in groups no larger than 3 at a time, a "stall period" between groups of 3.
And as far as I could glean from BLM and NPS service pages, specifically Canyonlands, camping overnight is by permit only and at designated campsites reserved ahead of time.
Now with that said I have ran across a couple of YT videos where they ride and car-camp where they end up.
Not saying it's perfectly legal to do so, not sure how heavily the overnight backcountry permit thing is enforced.
But my understanding of it all, doing my own planning and research for a multi-day trip out there (White rim will be days 1 and 2), is that it is heavily managed and controlled for the camping aspect as well as the group size.
YMMV.
Murphy's hogback campsites look to be a great 1/2 way point to camp, FWIW. Two days of slower pace (about 45-50 miles each day) vs 100 miles in one day on a trail just feels like you can take in the scenery and relax a bit more vs. rushing past Mussleman arch, the slot canyon on the back side, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Murphy's hogback campsites look to be a great 1/2 way point to camp, FWIW. Two days of slower pace (about 45-50 miles each day) vs 100 miles in one day on a trail just feels like you can take in the scenery and relax a bit more vs. rushing past Mussleman arch, the slot canyon on the back side, etc.
That just saved me some research. I think that's how I'm going to play it. Assuming I can snag a permit. I saw 50 per day - 25 by reservation and 25 in the visitor center.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can go either way with it.
Starting at Shafer switchbacks means you enter at Shafer, exit at Mineral Bottom.
The other direction, opposite.
Either one is the "island in the sky White Rim rd. 4X4" tab on the reservation link.
Hmm, I'm seeing no availability for Murphy on 4/30.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went out a full year and didn't see a single opening in all of Canyonlands. Either the site is borked or they are really booked out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.