First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was there March 11-17th, looking forward to getting back. Hopefully the weather will cooperate more in May
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks kinda close to top of the world, which I definitely wana do too, dunno if both can be done in one day? Been a long time since I been out west and sometimes underestimate the distances when looking at a map
This what I’m thinking too, watched one YouTube video and you could see top of the world. This could definitely be done “quick” I think.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm game to run some night trails too after Safari trails.

Anyone heard word on the Safari Trail list yet?
Nothing yet. I haven't had a chance to watch this but I guess there's some Safari tie in.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing yet. I haven't had a chance to watch this but I guess there's some Safari tie in.

I don't trail ride at night, as I hit enough stuff during daylight hours
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 anon

Nothing really on the vid but Base Camp & Concert BBQ for registered Nation folks @ 45:50.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't looked into the trails much yet but one thing we might consider is hitting some of the trails that are on the chopping block for closure.
Areas and trails such as, Hey Joe Canyon, Ten Mile Canyon, Hell Roaring Canyon, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Rusty Nail, Day Canyon Point, Dead Man Point, Bull Canyon, 3D/Mashed Potatoes Jeep trails, Dead Cow and Tubes motorcycle trails are being proposed for closure. Parts of Where Eagles Dare, Buttes and Towers, Wipe Out Hill, and 7 Mile Rim also will be potentially closed to OHV use.
https://www.sharetrails.org/dont-le...h-rims-gemini-bridges-travel-management-plan/

On the bright side, my Bronco is "built" so things are looking promising for me to fly to Granger on Friday night and arrive in Moab Sunday evening with that new Bronco smell :cool:

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rusty Nail is a good one, but be aware that there are a couple of obstacles that will be a challenge to a 6G Bronco. Not impossible, but...

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bikeric, @Bentpushrod, @66GT

I know Eric already wanted to do out and back instead of the loop, but see these thoughts. Perhaps that would be best for us all. I like the idea of coming back later from the other direction if time allows.

IF you are going to devote a day, devote it to the 1st half coming from Shafer. Maybe go past the Hogback so you can descend the far side for fun, turn around and come back.
Sure, you miss the more technical stuff, you miss the Green River (looks like the Colorado, only not brown and muddy). But the best views/scenery/backgrounds (in my opinion) are on the first half anyway.
If you feel cheated out of what it has, or wonder what you missed, come back after your scheduled trails and do that other half from Mineral Bottom end.
ingle day White Rim trial isn't overly ambitious. It's been done before. You will have to plan it though. Trails were rough after weeks of rain, so unless it's dry for a few weeks before you hit the trail, it will be rough. Plus the speed limit is 15 mph, so you can't really "make up time" for the pucker-pass portions.

Also, you can only drive between sunrise and sunset (according to the regs) so you should be gassed up and at the trailhead exactly at sunrise. And I don't mean at the gas station at sunrise. It could be 35-40 minutes of driving from Moab to the Mineral Bottom trailhead, at least 3p min from Moab to the Canyonlands visitor center and Shafer trailhead and you will want to be there, aired down and chomping at the bit the minute of sunrise.

The biggest factor for you is that there are soooooooooo many amazingly beautiful places to stop and admire the beauty of the trail and Canyons. You'll be skipping that to make good time. For me, that's a dealbreaker and I would alter my plan as such:

Do I want to see the beauty of White Rim Trail?

YES!

Do I have the permitting/time to make it a 2-day drive?

NO!

Then make it a 1-day down and back, going out for about 4 hours and turn-around at lunch.

Suggestion:

1. For maximum Vista views and beauty, I would enter/exit from Shafer pass (and pick up whatever @broadicustomworks hid for you in the vault toilet). Shafer pass is friken beautiful!

2. For maximum anal leakage, danger, and mountain pass thrills, enter from Mineral Bottom Road. You'll get the mountain pass twice, but you won't get to see much of the Canyons due to how slow the pass will be (twice).

Personally, I would go the clockwise route for a 1 day. You aren't doing White Rim specifically for "wheeling", you're going for the beauty. You can definitely find more challenging wheeling elsewhere, but you won't find the views on those trails. (Sorry my cell phone skills won't do the views justice)

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So something like this for the 1st. I'd like to be at Mesa Arch at sunrise (6:21am), which appears to be about 10-15 minutes from the Island in the Sky Visitor Center. Then at that point double back to Shafer. The group meetup could be at the Center, at Mesa Arch, or at Shafer. Going with this plan would let us open the group up to more rigs as a quick pace is not critical. I'm told this is about a 10-11 hour day at a relaxed pace.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 Screenshot 2023-03-27 134419

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is different from the bronco off-roadeo, right? This also seems like so much fun. I am new to the group and have really been wanting to do something just like this but I am usually alone and cannot really do the trails that I want. Is this open to all or only veterans?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is different from the bronco off-roadeo, right? This also seems like so much fun. I am new to the group and have really been wanting to do something just like this but I am usually alone and cannot really do the trails that I want. Is this open to all or only veterans?
I'm a virgin (as far as Moab is concerned) Pretty sure newbs welcomed!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak for the Safari organizers but I'd assume you're more than welcome, and you certainly are with our side activities.

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

So something like this for the 1st. I'd like to be at Mesa Arch at sunrise (6:21am), which appears to be about 10-15 minutes from the Island in the Sky Visitor Center. Then at that point double back to Shafer. The group meetup could be at the Center, at Mesa Arch, or at Shafer. Going with this plan would let us open the group up to more rigs as a quick pace is not critical. I'm told this is about a 10-11 hour day at a relaxed pace.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 Screenshot 2023-03-27 134419
I’m down with that. I was following the other thread as well, and totally get it being a hell of a day doing the whole trail in a day. This plan looks like fun too!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m down with that. I was following the other thread as well, and totally get it being a hell of a day doing the whole trail in a day. This plan looks like fun too!
It would seem the consensus is that drive is more about the scenery than the wheeling and pushing hard defeats the purpose. There will be plenty of other great wheeling the rest of the week.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I fully intend on driving the trifecta one day during Bronco Safari week if anyone cares to join. The trifecta consists of Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim. Last time I drove it, in August, I also threw in some of Where Eagles Dare. To do these trails you will need 35” tires and lockers so Sasquatch is mandatory and good tires definitely help.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I fully intend on driving the trifecta one day during Bronco Safari week if anyone cares to join. The trifecta consists of Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim. Last time I drove it, in August, I also threw in some of Where Eagles Dare. To do these trails you will need 35” tires and lockers so Sasquatch is mandatory and good tires definitely help.
I'm In, I to did these last year in May only three really hard parts in my opinion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.