First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well finally made it home Saturday late after 14+hrs on the road. Definitely be back next year but like most will avoid the safari organized runs and go with the smaller BG6 groups instead. Will bring the wife instead of my homies. Great to meet such a great group of people from many backgrounds and demographics. The extra bonus was winning the $1000 gift certificate from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts so I just ordered their modular hardtop. Keep me in mind for any runs within 2 states of Norcal and I'll be there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well finally made it home Saturday late after 14+hrs on the road. Definitely be back next year but like most will avoid the safari organized runs and go with the smaller BG6 groups instead. Will bring the wife instead of my homies. Great to meet such a great group of people from many backgrounds and demographics. The extra bonus was winning the $1000 gift certificate from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts so I just ordered their modular hardtop. Keep me in mind for any runs within 2 states of Norcal and I'll be there.
I enjoyed meeting you Roberto. Can you make it to Florence, OR in August for the Round Up?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Bear Bronco Bash coming up next month. Look forward to running with you again 🤠

https://socalbroncos.net/bbbb/

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I did see pics from the white board so thats a cool concept and most likely helps out with getting with group runs which is what I was really looking for.
Sure thing!

The whiteboard is cleared at the end of each day, and you go back in the evening after trail runs to put your name back on it for the next day, or you can try and put it on the board the morning of the run, but if your group is full, you're SOL and get to either do a different trail with less people, or find something different to do. ;)

I don't actually think anyone was turned away from a run though, so your results may vary depending on trail leader.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I enjoyed meeting you Roberto. Can you make it to Florence, OR in August for the Round Up?
Likewise, DM me with the details and I'll see what I can do.

Sponsored

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the understatement of the year lol. Surprisingly very little damage. He broke the mirror, and some minor scuffs, his slider did a good job.
video of the winch out.

Its definitely something where your head has gotta be in the right place. Really helps being w/a small group of guys w/good equipment, good experience level, and positive attitude. I nearly backed out because of Leo, but he was doing so well I had confidence he could go his own way on a safari run and be fine, so that freed me up to do it...and I'm so glad I did. I feel like I improved my skillset exponentially, and managed to clear some key mental hurdles. Really for me was the best thing I ever did in a wheeling rig!
Mine was the same until I did the Ford Performance tune, the MPGs are way better, atleast according to the screen, haven’t actually tracked it manually since the tune.

This is blurry as all get out 20+ MPG at 90 MPH in West Kansas. Today I was getting about 22 mpg at 75MPH, that would have been 16 on a good day before.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_1063

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll trade you that new hard top for not 1, but 2 of my GMRS radios!!! 😉

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
video of the winch out.

Mine was the same until I did the Ford Performance tune, the MPGs are way better, atleast according to the screen, haven’t actually tracked it manually since the tune.

This is blurry as all get out 20+ MPG at 90 MPH in West Kansas. Today I was getting about 22 mpg at 75MPH, that would have been 16 on a good day before.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_1063
Awesome! Thanks for sharing the video.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's insane. I mostly avoid speeds over 75, not because I'm opposed to going fast, but because I'm opposed to 14-15 mpg.

Sponsored

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I averaged 14.4 mpg for my total trip, which is better than I normally get.
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_3378

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's insane. I mostly avoid speeds over 75, not because I'm opposed to going fast, but because I'm opposed to 14-15 mpg.
I usually don’t run that fast, but kept getting several good bandits running in front of me through Kansas, would pace them then set my cruise for 1-2 mph what they were doing and let them pull away a good distance away before matching their speed. I was ready to get to the hotel lol.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the video.
I got a bunch of videos of you in front of me, I’ll work on getting them all loaded to the Google photo album.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would give a left nut right now to even get 14-15mpg. City or highway or trail or whatever. I have given up on looking at the MPG meter in any of it's forms...just don't look is my mantra, but living east of the continental divide has forced me into uncomfortable positions. When I couldn't make the Eisenhower tunnels on our return trip I had to pay $5+ for gas in the Vail area. Leo in the Unicorn was good to go till Denver at that point. Driving technique you say could be the problem? Well he would be the 1st to tell ya that he was disoriented and disappeared behind me because he was cruising in 6th up the last hump before the tunnels. I was in 3rd at this point...finally got him on the radio and he couldn't tell if we were going uphill or downhill (that stretch of I70 does get confusing because you cant see the horizon), and lugged the motor down in 6th. None of this mattered when we stopped for fuel near the CO/NE border. The "unicorn" Bronco still had used roughly 1/2 the fuel...HALF EDDIE...HALF! Just plain nuts. I mean you could say "well you were towing twice the weight", but shouldn't that have paid dividends on the downhill side? We had a little back and forth on the radio about this...post tunnels his DTE went up and mine did as well. His went up by 17mi. Mine increased by 1mi. I'm not complaining...just curious. I simply don't get how this is possible

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have given up on looking at the MPG meter in any of it's forms.
I keep it on the boost screen. Over 3-4 psi, downshift. Seem to be working well but I rarely get into 6th that way.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.