Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was the two door on the highway part of the run?

I debated long and hard 2.3L 7MT or 2.7 Squatch in a two door badlands. Decided I’d do the 7MT, and if Ford does get around to offering a four door with higher towing, I’ll trade in for that in a few years.
I was pleased. Very smooth. Little bit of end noise w soft top, but nothing that bothered me. I would feel comfortable driving back to Moab in it from central Colorado
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You're the only person I know of that has experienced an off-road ride along in both the 33's and 35's. So I gotsta know, any perceptible difference in ride quality?
I have to preface this with we had four full grown men in the KOH rig and only two in the Moab rig so I can’t say all things are equal.....

I liked the FE’s ride better. It felt firmer and way better in in the whoops. It also felt more stable in the sand and never bumped out. Obviously the extra ground clearance helped on the rocks.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So dope! Can't wait!!!! Thanks man!

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35s on the highway behaved ok? Do you recall how fast you were going?

OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
35s on the highway behaved ok? Do you recall how fast you were going?
They were great. Good quality 35” tires are well well behaved on the highway. We were running 65-70 on the road section.

Reactions: Jak

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Watched this one this morning - very interesting discussions.

I am a bit worried about highway wind noise, as that one had the sound deadening and it was still pretty noisy. Hopefully they get the MIC mold fixed for this for 2021.

The suspension discussion was really interesting.

Also the rock rails need to stick out further like the aftermarket versions we’ve seen this week.
I agree. The factory Rubicon and Bronco rock rails are not enough protection. I hope rockslide engineering comes out with something for the Bronco pretty quickly.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree. The factory Rubicon and Bronco rock rails are not enough protection. I hope rockslide engineering comes out with something for the Bronco pretty quickly.
Yeah, the rock rails (for certain), and—unless Ford fixes the winch / camera problem—the bumper are going to come off for something better thought out.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool vid! The ride along video to end all ride along videos.

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“I agree. The factory Rubicon and Bronco rock rails are not enough protection. I hope rockslide engineering comes out with something for the Bronco pretty quickly.”

The 4WP rig had great looking sliders

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailCartel Great Video, best I've seen. I'm not sure how tall/big you are but can you comment on the front seat shoulder room? Did you notice if your shoulder was pressed up again/banging against the B pillar in your ride? It has been pointed out by others that the B pillar protrudes quite a bit and shoulder room is restricted in the 4Dr, especially if you have your seat back all the way, or close to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@TrailCartel Great Video, best I've seen. I'm not sure how tall/big you are but can you comment on the front seat shoulder room? Did you notice if your shoulder was pressed up again/banging against the B pillar in your ride? It has been pointed out by others that the B pillar protrudes quite a bit and shoulder room is restricted in the 4Dr, especially if you have your seat back all the way, or close to it.
I'm 5'10", I was comfortable didn't feel cramped at all. We were flying and I didn't hit the b pillar. @Exodus4x4 is a tall guy. He may be able to comment from KOH ride.

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m 6’3” and felt very comfortable. Very typical Ford comfort

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, the rock rails (for certain), and—unless Ford fixes the winch / camera problem—the bumper are going to come off for something better thought out.
I would venture to say the aftermarket will have stuff ready before we actually get our hands on the actual Bronco.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video, thanks for posting. I love my Jeeps but watching these types of videos and experts having fun makes it hard to wait to get my Bronco.
Sponsored