Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice I stopped in yesterday and got some swag while you guys were out!!

I couldn’t wait for my bronco to show up so I took my F150 to Moab and did some really fun stuff with it but I can’t wait to go back in my bronco! Full-size crew cab is a little too long for some of those trails!!

Ford Bronco Moab off-roadeo experiance 96CB466D-398C-49D2-B9D2-814C4C1EA7FE
Ford Bronco Moab off-roadeo experiance 379C2F43-1758-4802-AEBC-092AA356657A

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Y
Very nice I stopped in yesterday and got some swag while you guys were out!!

I couldn’t wait for my bronco to show up so I took my F150 to Moab and did some really fun stuff with it but I can’t wait to go back in my bronco! Full-size crew cab is a little too long for some of those trails!!

You can do onion creek
It a eazy trail

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This location was amazing
The trail was Done Plateau
Our guide was Kelly Shaw

Our guide was amazing off-roader with a lot of experiance and amazing teacher.

I was supprise how capable the Ford bronco
4L with little momentum can pass all this obstacle with easy.... they have few obstacle I did was pretty steep angle for me I did not knkw we can climb some like that with eady. We did try the locker to show the difference...

I let my wife drive 90% of the trail... I want her to have the experican.... i am so glad I did let her drive and be a part of the experiance ...

I think whitout the experiance of moab roadeo I will not be allow to do this trail or simmilar trail with my 50k brand new truck.... After this roadeo we will argue "in a good way" who goind to drive in the trail...

I want to thanks Kelly Shaw "guide" to teach us how to be better off-roader and have more confidance of the Bronco Capability....

Now the only thing missing is my Bronco ...LoL
I have first night reservation 2 door sas 2.7

Thanks for Ford to crated Bronco Off-Roadeo

I will strongly recommande moab location ........

View attachment 179213

View attachment 179214

View attachment 179215

View attachment 179216

View attachment 179217

View attachment 179218

View attachment 179219

View attachment 179220

View attachment 179221
Kelly's awesome. What a great guy! He brought his very cool EB out to Super Celebration West. I've been threatening to sneak down to Moab and stalk him on Dome Plateau. :cool:

Here he is in Wild Horses' video - he wound up towing a broken EB down off of Mosquito Pass:

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y
You can do onion creek
It a eazy trail
I did hurra pass and chicken corners my first day which that’s fun when you’re by yourself coming back up two to right hand shelf turns that you cannot see the cliff edge.

The next day I did potash and up Shafer which was fun for somebody who does not like heights I was cussing my buddies who told me to take that route. However Long Canyon from Island in the sky back to potash was absolutely gorgeous

I did LaSalle Mountain Loop through Castle Valley up to Dewey Bridge and then onion creek and back

Drove out to area BFE I drove up the goblin Valley and then down to anti-Klein and needles overlook.

One day wasArches to eye of the whale to tower arch and back to skyline up a super fun road then fiery furnace balance rock

For being in a full-size I definitely got to see a lot of Moab I did anywhere from 115 to 175 miles a day. But it would’ve been nice to have my bronco and do metal masher poison spider and some of the actual trail trails with obstacles

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kelly's awesome. What a great guy! He brought his very cool EB out to Super Celebration West. I've been threatening to sneak down to Moab and stalk him on Dome Plateau. :cool:

Here he is in Wild Horses' video - he wound up towing a broken EB down off of Mosquito Pass:

Thanks for the video

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did hurra pass and chicken corners my first day which that’s fun when you’re by yourself coming back up two to right hand shelf turns that you cannot see the cliff edge.

The next day I did potash and up Shafer which was fun for somebody who does not like heights I was cussing my buddies who told me to take that route. However Long Canyon from Island in the sky back to potash was absolutely gorgeous

I did LaSalle Mountain Loop through Castle Valley up to Dewey Bridge and then onion creek and back

Drove out to area BFE I drove up the goblin Valley and then down to anti-Klein and needles overlook.

One day wasArches to eye of the whale to tower arch and back to skyline up a super fun road then fiery furnace balance rock

For being in a full-size I definitely got to see a lot of Moab I did anywhere from 115 to 175 miles a day. But it would’ve been nice to have my bronco and do metal masher poison spider and some of the actual trail trails with obstacles
-------

Last edited:

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It funny i just arrrived from moab ....
When i plan my trip.last year i tought i will ride my new bronco ....

Unfortunaly i rent a jeep for that week...

First trail we did is chicken corner...

Second trail we did Onion creek ..but close to the end we turn left .... that was a very very nice trail bring us to the cel. Tower ... at around 10 000 feet altitude the view wss crazy

See the pic with jeep at the end of chicken corner

And the oter pic was on top at thr cel. Tower

View attachment 180528

View attachment 180529

View attachment 180530

View attachment 180531
Yeah a very good and longtime club member friend owns St Danes cabins in Moab so if you guys are ever looking for someplace to camp definitely hit Sean up.

But he told me the best bang for my buck and not tearing up my truck and the fact it we’ve been wheeling together for 20 years he knew what my capabilities were he didn’t recommend too much insanity knowing that it was a 1700 mile drive home

Let me tell you a chicken corners in the F150 crew cab was a lot of fun. I don’t have any fingernails left after that adventure. A spotter would’ve been a good addition to my trip!

Looks like you guys had an amazing time and enjoy your week there my friend. I’m already looking at planning the next trip for 2023, this summer’s big trip of 2022 is going to be a week in the upper Peninsula of Michigan running around Keweenaw Copper Harbor whitefish point and pictured rocks. With any luck will be able to get pictures of moose this time.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah a very good and longtime club member friend owns St Danes cabins in Moab so if you guys are ever looking for someplace to camp definitely hit Sean up.

But he told me the best bang for my buck and not tearing up my truck and the fact it we’ve been wheeling together for 20 years he knew what my capabilities were he didn’t recommend too much insanity knowing that it was a 1700 mile drive home

Let me tell you a chicken corners in the F150 crew cab was a lot of fun. I don’t have any fingernails left after that adventure. A spotter would’ve been a good addition to my trip!

Looks like you guys had an amazing time and enjoy your week there my friend. I’m already looking at planning the next trip for 2023, this summer’s big trip of 2022 is going to be a week in the upper Peninsula of Michigan running around Keweenaw Copper Harbor whitefish point and pictured rocks. With any luck will be able to get pictures of moose this time.
------

Last edited:

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow .... i am impress you did chicken corner all the way with f150....

When i did chicken corner .... i have my inlaw in the back ...they did not like the ride too bumpe with the jeep and did not like when i drive too close of the cliff....lol

I was there at the end of sept. Someone told me the trail was more rought then usual they have crazy amount of rain and expose a lot more the bolder or rock on the trail.... it should have been a smooter rider ....

But wow f150 in that trail ..... that must have been funnnnnnn
Yeah I’m glad I didn’t bring my long body four-wheel-drive van. That would’ve been even more fun!!

I agree the trail was a little rough but the air down to the low 20 psi and was pretty comfortable on 34s

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I’m glad I didn’t bring my long body four-wheel-drive van. That would’ve been even more fun!!

I agree the trail was a little rough but the air down to the low 20 psi and was pretty comfortable on 34s
-----

Last edited:

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea....
I did want to air down more the 30 psi with the stock jeep the side wall was almost touching the ground... the ride on jeep was very bad for the back passanger....

But you with the f150 the breakover angle must have been realy bad .....

I strongly recommand the off-roadeo in moab...
You will have a blast ....if you can choose your guide go with kelly shaw.... he is avid offroader with a ton of experiance .... and he have also very good at teaching skill make him perfect to be your guide....
I’ve got a couple friends that are actually teaching and all of the rodeos. I’m not sure which one I’m gonna do more than likely I’ll do the New Hampshire I’ve never been up that way and I’ve got a couple friends of that direction I need to go see.

And yeah definitely my break over angle and my rear bumper were concerns so I tried to take it easy on trails that were full-size friendly. I ended up with a couple good bashes on my skid plates and a slightly deformed tail pipe. All in all it was a wonderful vacation huge success. If you’re curious about pictures I’ve been updating different things. I’m on Facebook on Midwest Overlanders weekend wanderers USA and on Instagram at Overland_bronco6g

It’ll probably be a week or so before I get a chance to even start downloading GoPro and putting together a YouTube video.

I’m still just trying to process everything I’ve seen in the last nine days definitely sensory overload!!

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought I was keeping myself out of those videos, but always happy to help. Super Celebration should be on everyone's list! We ended up with 3 bad fuel pumps, a vapour-lock problem and a steering shaft issue on that trail. I towed my friend's 95 Bronco back to the trailhead and then spent that evening and next morning changing tank-mounted fuel pumps on two other Broncos! Building relationships with others happens far easier with tools in your hands than following them on a trail! Although next year I will trail-lead a couple so that I can finish a trail! ;)

Looking forward to your impromptu trail-crashing!

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It funny i just arrrived from moab ....
When i plan my trip.last year i tought i will ride my new bronco ....

Unfortunaly i rent a jeep for that week...

First trail we did is chicken corner...

Second trail we did Onion creek ..but close to the end we turn left .... that was a very very nice trail bring us to the cel. Tower ... at around 10 000 feet altitude the view wss crazy

See the pic with jeep at the end of chicken corner

And the oter pic was on top at thr cel. Tower

View attachment 180528

View attachment 180529

View attachment 180530

View attachment 180531
This location was amazing
The trail was Done Plateau
Our guide was Kelly Shaw

Our guide was amazing off-roader with a lot of experiance and amazing teacher.

I was supprise how capable the Ford bronco
4L with little momentum can pass all this obstacle with easy.... they have few obstacle I did was pretty steep angle for me I did not knkw we can climb some like that with eady. We did try the locker to show the difference...

I let my wife drive 90% of the trail... I want her to have the experican.... i am so glad I did let her drive and be a part of the experiance ...

I think whitout the experiance of moab roadeo I will not be allow to do this trail or simmilar trail with my 50k brand new truck.... After this roadeo we will argue "in a good way" who goind to drive in the trail...

I want to thanks Kelly Shaw "guide" to teach us how to be better off-roader and have more confidance of the Bronco Capability....

Now the only thing missing is my Bronco ...LoL
I have first night reservation 2 door sas 2.7

Thanks for Ford to crated Bronco Off-Roadeo

I will strongly recommande moab location ........

View attachment 179213

View attachment 179214

View attachment 179215

View attachment 179216

View attachment 179217

View attachment 179218

View attachment 179219

View attachment 179220

View attachment 179221
Besides almost running out of fuel due to the extra miles put on, the best part of the trip was your radio reply "Dix-Quatre". Sounds so much more sophisticated than 10-4!
I love that you guys will now be fighting for the driver's seat on the trail!
Sponsored