John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s a matter of perspective. I daily a 2016 M3 that I run around in Sport+ mode a lot. Instant power pretty much and a lot of it. Also have a 2016 Panigale 959 that is pretty snappy as well. I was doing a test drive of a 4DR Big Bend Sasquatch w/ 2.3L and a couple times going up a hill with the 2.3L it felt a little underpowered and didn’t pull or react as hard as I’d like. I guess I just don’t want to notice the motor in the Bronco. 2.3L I did and the 2.7L I didn’t. Could be all in my head as well! 🤷‍♂️
Ha, ok. I’m coming from a 2016 Ford Explorer with the 2.3. The Bronco 2.3 is a huge upgrade for me 😝
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaspercasidino

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just for everyone's awareness if you stay at the Red Cliffs Lodge and you stay with the Bronco rate it does include breakfast buffet and the room is $289/night +taxes. If you see a web special (mine was $240/night + taxes = $267/night) under that price forgo the Bronco deal and purchase breakfast seperately (around $16 w/ gratuity). I was overcharged $111 because breakfast was included as part of the Bronco deal even though my confirmation was for the lower web special price. I got a refund back but I then ended up having to pay for breakfast (which is fine). If you have already been, I would double check your credit card statements to make sure all is correct.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For someone scared of the idea of off roading, is she going to divorce me by the end of the day?
Worse, she's going to love it and you'll end up having to get her her own vehicle and the obligatory upgrades, etc. Ask me how I know...;)

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is not interested, and pretty much a bit scared, in the idea of off-roading. I convinced her to come and try to get over her fears in a controlled environment. We'll be in Moab over Labor Day weekend, and from what I've seen of other locations, I'm assuming she can get out and "take pictures" outside the vehicle when we hit the ledges and such, right?
For someone scared of the idea of off roading, is she going to divorce me by the end of the day?
I'll be there on Saturday the 4th! Maybe we'll meet up! I'll be driving down from Draper on the night of the 3d, spending the night in Moab because the Red Cliffs was booked solid, and then heading over for the event.

Just shout out, "Yo, Chris!" I'm sure I'll be the only one there. LOL!

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be there on Saturday the 4th! Maybe we'll meet up! I'll be driving down from Draper on the night of the 3d, spending the night in Moab because the Red Cliffs was booked solid, and then heading over for the event.

I'm heading down tomorrow for a Sunday event!
Got lucky and have 2 nights at Red Cliffs in the executive suite 🤣
Booked it in June lol

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm heading down tomorrow for a Sunday event!
Got lucky and have 2 nights at Red Cliffs in the executive suite 🤣
Booked it in June lol
That's awesome! My dumb self somehow picked the Labor Day Weekend for my Off Roadeo, so I'm staying at the Element in Moab. I'm waitlisted for the Red Cliffs.

I booked the Off Roadeo without thinking, then went to book the hotel and thought to myself, "What in the world is going on in Moab that weekend that makes everything so full and expensive? Ohhh, I'm a moron!"

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife is not interested, and pretty much a bit scared, in the idea of off-roading. I convinced her to come and try to get over her fears in a controlled environment. We'll be in Moab over Labor Day weekend, and from what I've seen of other locations, I'm assuming she can get out and "take pictures" outside the vehicle when we hit the ledges and such, right?
Sounds like my wife, we are registered for NH, and I paid the fee for her to drive. I think she will give it a shot. Nothing like a round trip road trip from Central. Florida to NH to set the mood.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha. I live in Draper as well and will be driving the RV down on Friday to stay in town at Canyonlands RV Resort. Not yet sure how to get from the RV park to the site as I won't be towing a vehicle. Worst case, I'll drive the RV to the event on Sunday morning.

Hopefully you won't have a Cactus Grey 4dr Badlands in Draper whenever you get your build. We can't have too many in town :)

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha. I live in Draper as well and will be driving the RV down on Friday to stay in town at Canyonlands RV Resort. Not yet sure how to get from the RV park to the site as I won't be towing a vehicle. Worst case, I'll drive the RV to the event on Sunday morning.

Hopefully you won't have a Cactus Grey 4dr Badlands in Draper whenever you get your build. We can't have too many in town :)
Haha, want a ride? I'll come in my Cactus Gray 4dr Badlands to pick you up at the RV park. LOL! We're gonna be twins. Oh, wait, you're on Sunday - I'll miss you, coming back after the Saturday event - that's a shame!

I've also spotted a nice lady in a 4dr Oxford White Outer Banks driving around town with her two sweet pups. :)

Sponsored

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I guess I won't waste my time and money then.
I called the Off-Roadeo hotline and spoke with Hunter last week. She said that as far as she had last heard the only MT available were at the Austin location. Had I known that I wouldn't have waited all summer for the closer location to open up…

I'll be at the Nevada location on September 4th, excited to actually drive one!

Even though it will likely be an AT :sick:

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco was amazing! We got to try obstacles with open diffs, rear locker, front locker as well as the other technology like Trail Control, One Pedal Driving and Trail Turn Assist. The Bronco had no issues climbing up or driving down any of the obstacles.

Of note was a rather vertical set of double ledges where we were instructed to use Trail Control. You press brake, then press center GOAT mode button and then set the speed on the steering wheel in 0.5mph increments. I set it for 2.5mph and let off the brake. The Bronco just climbed up the ledges with ease and so much faster and smoother than I thought it could!

Another memorable Bronco feature was the One Pedal Driving when descending a hill with a ledge/drop-off. Press the brake, press the center GOAT mode button and then let off the brake. You then control the Bronco with the throttle. It is definitely a weird feeling pressing the throttle to drop of a ledge but it worked flawlessly!

My biggest takeaway though is the Sway Bar Disconnect! I highly encourage you to select a Badlands if you go to an Off-Roadeo so you can see the difference that the SBD makes on off-road comfort and the difference in how it lets you tackle obstacles. I was toggling it on and off just to see the difference and it really is night and day! First, the ride quality is noticeably smoother! Second, I would attempt an obstacle with sway bar engaged and I would get stuck. I press the SBD button and the Bronco leveled out and I take the obstacle with open diffs where I would have had to use a locker. Not a big deal to use a locker but it did make quite the impression on me.

Ease of use for engaging lockers, sway bar disconnect and Trail Turn Assist is great. You can be mid obstacle, get stuck, press the locker hero button, climb the obstacle and then as you are moving on, press the locker hero button again and disengage the locker. Super easy!

GOAT mode selection is less smooth. There is a noticeable lag from when you twist the knob to the screen updating. It’s not a big deal since you aren’t constantly switching modes, but it is something that I wish wasn’t there.

We mainly kept it in Normal and engaged lockers as we needed them. We did try Baja a couple times as well and it definitely holds the revs higher. Not too many places to really run the Bronco out but it is really smooth offroad. Also SBD disengages at 20mph seamlessly and re-engages once you slow down below 20mph.

Other random thoughts:

1) Window arm position is great! Super comfy! I love driving with the windows down!
2) A/C runs cold! It was around 100F and I was getting cold from the A/C in the 4DR.
3) MGV was nice! I didn’t notice any excessive heat or it sticking to me.
4) Automatic is a must for me. I felt plenty connected to the ground in the auto. Manual would be an unwelcome hassle with you getting tossed back and forth in the seat! Yeah I said it!
5) Seats were extremely comfortable! We were out there all day and I could have kept going.
6) On the way back on the highway, we had the top down. It was nice to be able to flip the top back and get going.
7) With the top down, the driver’s side mirror was screaming a loud and high-pitched whistle the entire 15 miles back. It was bad! That really needs to be addressed!
8) Bronco is smooth on road as well! Minimal body roll and would be no problem taking a road trip in.
9) 2.7L for me is the play! Nice power to get moving and it doesn’t feel lacking. I have driven a couple 2.3Ls on demo rides and there were a couple times I would have liked more power. If you want the manual, go manual, but if you want the auto, I recommend the 2.7L.
10) I didn’t have the cameras, but the guy and gal that did said it was great for seeing down the top of the hill. Without it, you are blind for a bit.

All-in-all I had a blast at the Off-Roadeo! I liked the Badlands so much that I have since updated my order to a pretty decked out one. Going for the 2.7L 2DR Badlands Sasquatch Lux with Area 51. Once I was around $50k for the Badlands with 2.7L and Sasquatch, I figured I’d spend the extra $5k to get everything. My hatred of money is showing! I realize that you can probably get a manual disconnect later, but I am happy to make the upgrade. A few other people said they would be switching from Wildtrak to Badlands because of the SBD.

Edit: I should also add that the instructors were great! Lots of experience between them, friendly, knowledgeable and funny!

Also, I now know for certain that the Bronco is worth the wait. I had been looking at everything from Ranger and F150 FX4s and Tremors and Jeeps and Tacos and ZR2s and even the new Lightning. The Bronco is the one. I’ll be cancelling my Lightning reservation later this week. You need a Bronco!
Outstanding write up. I am going to the Nevada Off Road adventure and I I hope to have as much fun.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also did the 8-21 off-roadeo in Moab, I was driving the 2DR Badlands pictured!
Dont see a picture but how the heck did you get a two door ? I didn't think there were any there.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's awesome! My dumb self somehow picked the Labor Day Weekend for my Off Roadeo, so I'm staying at the Element in Moab. I'm waitlisted for the Red Cliffs.

I booked the Off Roadeo without thinking, then went to book the hotel and thought to myself, "What in the world is going on in Moab that weekend that makes everything so full and expensive? Ohhh, I'm a moron!"
I stayed in Moab by choice and its really convenient to everything. Only a 20 minute drive from town to base camp. The drive down the canyon following the Colorado river is unbelievable.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stayed in Moab by choice and its really convenient to everything. Only a 20 minute drive from town to base camp. The drive down the canyon following the Colorado river is unbelievable.
I was originally planning to just drive down the morning of, but I wanted to get a good night sleep before attending, so will come in the night before. Moab is about 3 hours from here...
Sponsored