Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,

I just got back from a 3200 mile round trip road trip to Moab, UT from Alabama for the off-rodeo. I thought I’d write up my experiences from the whole trip for others that have already planned or are thinking about doing the same. I’m going to divide this up into 3 posts. The first will focus on the Off-Roadeo, the second on Moab, and the third on the road trip.

First I want to talk about the value of the off-roadeo experience in general. It cost me a small fee ($31 I think) plus $150 for my wife after the discount from Ford due to the continued delays. So about $180 total. Upon arrival at the off-roadeo me and my wife each received a custom logo’d 18oz Yeti bottle (which would run about $50 each) plus an off-roadeo carabiner (one per group not per person) with some high quality stickers (I’d say the stickers run about $4 each based on what I paid for similar products at the national parks). So right away you are given about $120 worth of free merch for a 2 person party. We also got a picnic lunch out on the trail, plus a nice dinner buffet upon arrival back from the trail. So 4 free meals, which I’d say was worth about another $40 total for 2 people conservatively. That’s $160 of tangible value without even talking about “the experience”. All for $180. Wow.

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1408

The trail we conquered was Dome Plateau Trail, an actual off-road trail open to anyone. Moab is apparently the only off-roadeo location without a specially curated trail for the event, which probably has its pros and cons, but we all thought it was cool.

Our view during lunch:
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1235

One of our pit stops took us by La Boca Arch. We had it all to ourselves for some quick photo-ops.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_2492

A few notes on what to bring. We brought water bottles, but as I said before you are given some upon arrival, and the guides pack extra water for bottle refills. We also packed snacks, but your bronco is also stocked with snacks. You are also fed lunch and dinner, so you don’t need to bring much. Here’s something that should have been obvious but wasn’t for us: You spend all day on the trail in the middle of nowhere so there are no bathrooms. Obviously not really a problem for men, but my wife wasn’t prepared. Having said that, once again, our trail guides WERE prepared with both TP and plastic bags so that you can pack out what you pack in. Having said that, you might want to prepare, just in case.

Part of my motivation for writing this up is that the Bronco Nation video showing the Moab Off-Roadeo, while a good hype video, doesn’t do a good job of showing some of the cool obstacles. My go-pro died while on this trip, so me and my wife were torn with how to film some of the obstacles because we both wanted to experience the obstacles in the vehicle but we also wanted to get some footage from outside the vehicle. Here are a few clips:

So here is how our time on the trail worked. Basically you start in 4L, and approach obstacles and try them in 4L. Then the guides sort of walk you through some logic on what tools you can use to clear the obstacle and you sort of try them one by one until you are successful. After a few introductory obstacles you pretty much left your Sway Bar disconnected and chose your “base setup” then it’s up to you how to tackle obstacles. You can ask for help, suggestions, spots, whatever you need on the radio. Bronco “tools” on the trail in order of how much I liked them (not including lockers):

• Trail control – probably the most jaw dropping feature for me. We’ve all seen it in videos but when you see it in work, live, behind the wheel you sort of can’t believe how easy it makes everything. I used it on one of the gnarlier rock climbs and when we were done I showed my wife that I had my foot off the gas the entire time and she couldn’t believe it.
  • Trail turn – it saved us from at least one multi-point turn. It’s not a gimmick.
  • One pedal – I really liked one pedal, but I don’t have it ranked higher because I’m scared that if I only learn to off road in one pedal mode, that when I jump into someone else’s rig I won’t know what I’m doing. I think I’m going to learn two pedal first then move to one pedal mode.
  • Sway Bar disconnect – so after doing one trail, if I was on the fence about getting a badlands because I really wanted the built-in sway bar disconnect I wouldn’t worry about it based on this trip. I’d be totally fine disconnecting it manually before the trail and then reconnecting after wheeling all day. But you will definitely want to add a manual disconnect if you don't have a badlands.
  • GOAT Modes – I’m not ready to write this feature off, but right now I’m not quite sure I get it. It felt easier to me to adjust my settings manually on the fly rather than switching to a GOAT mode. In fact, it would take longer to scroll through the GOAT modes than it would to just tap the sway bar disco and rear locker. That’s probably less of a knock on GOAT modes, and more of a praise on how fast you can switch settings manually. The instructors were also trying to teach manual operation so that they could explain what each thing does, and once you get used to manual, you sort of feel like you don’t need GOAT modes.
Couple of notes on the bronco itself. Holy cow the MGV seats were so comfortable! This was my first time sitting in MGV since my dealer’s demo is a WT. I basically chose the Badlands for the MGV and now I feel like that was a great call. The cargo net cupholders on the doors were extremely useful. They could hold both a 26 and a 36oz sized yeti bottle with ease. They have a nice plastic shelf at the bottom that I didn’t notice before that lets your bottle rest upright. Also, re: road noise with a softtop. I think I’ve experienced both the highs and lows there. On our ride out to the trail on the highway going about 55mph me and my wife couldn’t get over how quiet it was. However, on the ride back to basecamp, a storm rolled in with some decent crosswind, and we REALY heard it in the cabin. Our mirrors also didn’t have the cameras so we also heard the famous mirror wistle. It’s real and it’s annoying. But having said that am I still glad I switched to a soft top? Yup.

In summary I’d rate my experience a 10 out of 10, an A+ or the top score of whatever grading scale you want to use. Me and my wife were blown away, and she enjoyed driving off-road way more than she ever would have thought. I doubt she’d have ever tried it if not in a pseudo-controlled environment like the off-roadeo. Our guides, Jeff and Jason, were great, and you can hear some of the banter in the videos above. Very knowledgeable guys.

Bonus pic: Some of you probably remember the pictures of the tires from the Austin Off-roadeo. I took this picture of a tire on one of the Moab broncos. I asked one of our guides if this was normal and he replied, “oh yes”. He said that this bronco had been running the trail for about 3 months, and that this is what soft tires look like after rock crawling. Harder compound tires won’t look as bad, but won’t grip as well either. Anyway, I thought this was interesting.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1260
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some activities that we did around Moab, with a few suggestions and some restaurant reviews.

Activities:

Monday
We did a Hell’s Revenge tour via Hummer through Moab Adventure Center. We did the 2 hour tour which was plenty. They take you to the overlook and back. Our tour guide was Craig who was a Moab local since birth and is apparently well known in the area (we talked about this tour with several folks and they all knew “Craig”). We booked this particular tour because we had a party of 6 and I wanted us to all be in the same vehicle, but regardless I’d do this again in a heartbeat.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_2186

We spent Monday afternoon at Arches. Instead of getting a tour guide for Arches or Canyonlands we went with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actiontourguide.arches&hl=en_US&gl=US
We bought the Utah combo through the app which gave access to Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point and Monument valley (which we weren’t able to get to in this trip). I’m sure the professional tours are well worth it, but we were looking for a place to save money and this was a good call. The app was tagged with GPS way points so all you do is drive and the app chimes in at the appropriate time with tidbits and recos.

Tuesday
The older girls did a horseback riding excursion through Moab horses. They loved it. Me and the little ones hung out at the pool at the Air BnB. Tuesday afternoon we hit Canyonlands/Island in the Sky and Dead Horse Point (DHP) State Park. Just a quick note on DHP. I read a few reviews that basically said “save DHP for last, because after Canyonlands you’ll be “canyoned out” and you can skip DHP”. So that’s what we did and we ALMOST skipped DHP. However, that would have been a mistake because we thought DHP had the best view of the entire trip. Also, because we saved it for last, we arrived after the gift shop closed :(.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_3878

DHP:
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_2418

Wednesday was the off-rodeo, see details above.

Thursday we spent all day at Arches dodging pop up showers, which was actually nice since it dropped the temps from 98 degrees to about 55 degrees. Perfect hiking weather! There’s a ton of info on Arches online, so the only things I’ll mention are what I thought were some underrated parts. Pine tree arch is a short 0.2 mile detour off of the Landscape arch trail which most people seemed to skip. Pine Tree Arch was pretty nice, but what made it one of our favorites was that we had it basically all to ourselves. Sand arch was not very spectacular, but the fin area where it was hidden was a great place for the kids to play in the sand while us grown-ups pretended to be Alex Honnold on all the climbable rocks. This area was also not very busy.

If I had it to do over
One thing that I'd do differently now after having gone on this trip is that I would rent a jeep and hire a trail guide to help me navigate hell's revenge. I'd still do the Hummer Hell's Revenge ride along Day 1, but then I'd try to schedule my Bronco Off-Roadeo on Day 2, then rent a jeep on Day 3 and hire a guide to ride along with me. One of our Off-roadeo guides has his own guide business (as I'm sure most of the off-roadeo guides do) so I'd hire him. I didn't know this was a thing prior to my trip.
https://jeeperjeff.com/

Food
Moab Brewery – This was the best place we ate in Moab, and it wasn’t all that close. Everything here was fresh and handmade. Don’t miss the root beer candied bacon. They also distil their own spirits in addition to brewing beer. Their food and beer was so good that I bought a bottle of their whiskey without sampling. I cracked it open when I got home and was not disappointed.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1122

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1406

Moab Diner – This was my second favorite place we ate and everyone enjoyed their meal. Usually we ate lunch at the condo, but one day we were out and about and didn’t want to lose time by heading back home so we grabbed a bite here. I got the Fajita Skirt Steak Breakfast Burrito topped with green chili sauce and it was great. (As a general rule, when there was something with green chili on the menu on this trip I grabbed it)
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1193

Zax – Mostly a pizza joint(?) but with many other menu items. They are known for their honey crust which was good but unspectacular. Overall, just an OK place to me. Our favorite part of this meal was the pickle fries.

Sultan Mediterranean Grill – I’ll start off by saying I have high standards for Mediterranean food as I’m part Lebanese. This place was pretty meh to me, but for my sister-in-law this was her favorite food stop in Moab. (She’s not a cook) Before ordering the stuffed grapeleaves I asked if they were homemade and the server responded that they weren’t. So we passed on those and ordered the baba ganoush as an app instead. It was also not fresh made, as I recognized it as a jarred brand that I’ve had before. I had the chicken skewers and they were just OK.

Fiesta Mexicana – You’ve got a Mexican place just like this where you live, and you’ve eaten here plenty of times. This is just your run of the mill local Mexican joint. That’s not a knock at all, it was good, but nothing special. We were hoping to go to Miguel’s, but it was closed all week so we wound up here on Mexican night. Favorite item at the table was the Mexican Pizza that my wife ordered.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_2532

Dewey’s – This was the low point for me. We wound up here after planning to hit Milt’s Stop and Eat, however after a long day hiking, and being rained on we decided we wanted to sit indoors to eat and have an adult beverage. Dewey’s had a google rating of 4.6 (at the time we ate there at least) and it was close so we stopped there. However, nothing here was fresh made (think a rebranded Applebees) and my bloody mary was quite possibly the worst I’ve ever had. The wife and I both had the Poblano Burger, and while it was alright, it couldn’t carry the rest of the meal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wife and I traveled from North Alabama to Memphis to OKC to Albuquerque to Moab and back. With 3 kids... And my wife’s sister (to babysit while we drove Broncos!)… So with that large of a crew we needed a bigger vehicle so we rented a Suburban.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1167

Memphis – We stayed in downtown Memphis with the idea that we’d walk across the street to Rendezvous for dinner, but they were closed for pit repair ☹. We ended up eating at the Flying Fish, which was good but nothing spectacular. On our way back we skipped spending the night in Memphis and iron manned it all the way to Alabama.

OKC – Oklahoma city ended up being our favorite food town on the trip. We ate at Cattleman’s steak house on the way to Moab, as featured in season 7 of Diner’s Drive-Ins and Dives. I happened to see this episode years ago and have had an odd desire to eat here ever since. It was the favorite restaurant for everyone on the trip, even the kids. On our way back, we showed up to OKC late, and Cattleman’s had a 2+ hour wait (yes we were going to go back) so we decided to walk from our hotel to Bricktown Brewery. Like Moab Brewery everything here was hand crafted fresh. Me and the wife split a trio of apps for our dinner and tried the Blueberry Moscow Mule and their Blueberry flavored beer (name escapes me now), both excellent.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1073

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1070

We stopped for lunch in Amarillo, TX between OKC and Albuquerque going and coming. The SIL hit a home run and randomly stumbled upon Blue Sky, a local burger joint. I got the Green Chili Cheese Burger both times, rolling with fries on the way to Moab and Onion Rings on the way home. Everything here was really good. Easily our second favorite stop to eat on the trip after Cattleman’s. While in Amarillo we stopped at the popular tourist trap Cadillac Ranch. The SIL loves her tourist traps, we allowed this one since she hit a home run on lunch…While we were there I spotted our only “Bronco in the wild” of the whole trip.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1101

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_1104

In Albuquerque we hit Sadie’s of New Mexico on the way to Moab, and Saggio’s pizza on the way home. Both were really good! The tamales at Sadie’s topped with green chili was a real treat!

Between Albuquerque and Moab we hit Mesa Verde National Park. I’d say we had mixed feelings on this stop. On one hand the exhibits were amazing and the cliff dwellings blow you away. On the other hand, most of the park is closed at the moment, and the cliff dwellings are only accessible to see up close via special tour. The tour takes 2 hours by itself and is only offered once a day (at least right now). The other issue is, to get from the front gate to the historical area takes a good 30 minutes of speeding through curvy mountain roads, and probably closer to 45 minutes if you are strictly obeying the posted speed limits...each way. So this park really isn’t conducive to a quick 2hr pit stop as you pass through the area. You really need a whole day or at least 4-5hrs to experience it. If I could line it up right, even if this were my first visit, I’d probably opt for the 2hr longhouse tour and skip the rest of the park if that’s all I had time for. Keep in mind that everything was closed when we went, save for the “top loop”. There is a downloadable tour available in podcast format in your favorite podcast app. Highly recommend.
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah IMG_2047

And that’s it! 1600 miles each way with 3 kids in the car. If you made it this far in the trip report you probably feel about how I did this past Sunday night when we finally arrived back home. Exhausted.

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@LSU Jonno.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
I am at work right now, so I only got a chance to skim. This is great so far and I can't wait to read all of it as well as the next couple of posts. A friend and I are headed to Austin Halloween weekend. Any info is appreciated greatly! Thanks for taking the time to write all this down for us.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome review! Thank you for posting...I was set on Vegas and now this...you have made my decision step backward!

Sponsored
OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LSU Jonno.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
I am at work right now, so I only got a chance to skim. This is great so far and I can't wait to read all of it as well as the next couple of posts. A friend and I are headed to Austin Halloween weekend. Any info is appreciated greatly! Thanks for taking the time to write all this down for us.
No prob man. I had several friends comment that they wanted the full rundown so it was easiest to compile my thoughts in one thread on B6G.com. I'm sure the Austin Off-Roadeo wont disappoint. My main takeaway from this event is that "it's totally worth it", and location likely doesn't matter.

My wife has been asking for a desert trip for years so I killed two birds with one stone.

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome review! Thank you for posting...I was set on Vegas and now this...you have made my decision step backward!
Thanks!
We actually made reservations for Vegas initially then cancelled and went with Moab. I'm sure all the locations will be great. I think the only bad decision is to not go.

Goosesoup

Outer Banks
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500 Denali, 2012 SS Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are some activities that we did around Moab, with a few suggestions and some restaurant reviews.

Activities:

Monday
We did a Hell’s Revenge tour via Hummer through Moab Adventure Center. We did the 2 hour tour which was plenty. They take you to the overlook and back. Our tour guide was Craig who was a Moab local since birth and is apparently well known in the area (we talked about this tour with several folks and they all knew “Craig”). We booked this particular tour because we had a party of 6 and I wanted us to all be in the same vehicle, but regardless I’d do this again in a heartbeat.

We spent Monday afternoon at Arches. Instead of getting a tour guide for Arches or Canyonlands we went with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actiontourguide.arches&hl=en_US&gl=US
We bought the Utah combo through the app which gave access to Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point and Monument valley (which we weren’t able to get to in this trip). I’m sure the professional tours are well worth it, but we were looking for a place to save money and this was a good call. The app was tagged with GPS way points so all you do is drive and the app chimes in at the appropriate time with tidbits and recos.

Tuesday
The older girls did a horseback riding excursion through Moab horses. They loved it. Me and the little ones hung out at the pool at the Air BnB. Tuesday afternoon we hit Canyonlands/Island in the Sky and Dead Horse Point (DHP) State Park. Just a quick note on DHP. I read a few reviews that basically said “save DHP for last, because after Canyonlands you’ll be “canyoned out” and you can skip DHP”. So that’s what we did and we ALMOST skipped DHP. However, that would have been a mistake because we thought DHP had the best view of the entire trip. Also, because we saved it for last, we arrived after the gift shop closed :(.

DHP:

Wednesday was the off-rodeo, see details above.

Thursday we spent all day at Arches dodging pop up showers, which was actually nice since it dropped the temps from 98 degrees to about 55 degrees. Perfect hiking weather! There’s a ton of info on Arches online, so the only things I’ll mention are what I thought were some underrated parts. Pine tree arch is a short 0.2 mile detour off of the Landscape arch trail which most people seemed to skip. Pine Tree Arch was pretty nice, but what made it one of our favorites was that we had it basically all to ourselves. Sand arch was not very spectacular, but the fin area where it was hidden was a great place for the kids to play in the sand while us grown-ups pretended to be Alex Honnold on all the climbable rocks. This area was also not very busy.

If I had it to do over
One thing that I'd do differently now after having gone on this trip is that I would rent a jeep and hire a trail guide to help me navigate hell's revenge. I'd still do the Hummer Hell's Revenge ride along Day 1, but then I'd try to schedule my Bronco Off-Roadeo on Day 2, then rent a jeep on Day 3 and hire a guide to ride a long with me. One of our Off-roadeo guides has his own guide business (as I'm sure most of the off-roadeo guides do) so I'd hire him. I didn't know this was a thing prior to my trip.
https://jeeperjeff.com/

Food
Moab Brewery – This was the best place we ate in Moab, and it wasn’t all that close. Everything here was fresh and handmade. Don’t miss the root beer candied bacon. They also distil their own spirits in addition to brewing beer. Their food and beer was so good that I bought a bottle of their whiskey without sampling. I cracked it open when I got home and was not disappointed.

Moab Diner – This was my second favorite place we ate and everyone enjoyed their meal. Usually we ate lunch at the condo, but one day we were out and about and didn’t want to lose time by heading back home so we grabbed a bite here. I got the Fajita Skirt Steak Breakfast Burrito topped with green chili sauce and it was great. (As a general rule, when there was something with green chili on the menu on this trip I grabbed it)

Zax – Mostly a pizza joint? but with many other menu items. They are known for their honey crust which was good but unspectacular. Overall, just an OK place to me. Our favorite part of this meal was the pickle fries.

Sultan Mediterranean Grill – I’ll start off by saying I have high standards for Mediterranean food as I’m half Lebanese. This place was pretty meh to me, but for my sister-in-law this was her favorite food stop in Moab. (She’s not a cook) Before ordering the stuffed grapeleaves I asked if they were homemade and the server responded that they weren’t. So we passed on those and ordered the baba ganoush as an app instead. It was also not fresh made, as I recognized it as a jarred brand that I’ve had before. I had the chicken skewers and they were just OK.

Fiesta Mexicana – You’ve got a Mexican place just like this where you live, and you’ve eaten here plenty of times. This is just your run of the mill local Mexican joint. That’s not a knock at all, it was good, but nothing special. We were hoping to go to Miguel’s, but it was closed all week so we wound up here on Mexican night. Favorite item at the table was the Mexican Pizza that my wife ordered.

Dewey’s – This was the low point for me. We wound up here after planning to hit Milt’s Stop and Eat, however after a long day hiking, and being rained on we decided we wanted to sit indoors to eat and have an adult beverage. Dewey’s had a google rating of 4.6 (at the time we ate there at least) and it was close so we stopped there. However, nothing here was fresh made (think a rebranded Applebees) and my bloody mary was quite possibly the worst I’ve ever had. The wife and I both had the Poblano Burger, and while it was alright, it couldn’t carry the rest of the meal.
Yep everyone knows Craig. Not missing out on Miguels, all the Mexican food is about the same. Arches is best to do Delicate Arch first thing in the morning then go explore everything else. There is a Corona Arch west of Moab that is amazing, I repelled off of it but cant do that any more. As a local Utahn, we love that area, we camp west of that area all the time with our trailer and side by side.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I want to talk about the value of the off-roadeo experience in general. It cost me a small fee ($31 I think) plus $150 for my wife after the discount from Ford due to the continued delays. So about $180 total.
Very well done trip report and thanks for posting! I’m probably going to Vegas and taking my wife. Was there an email sent out with a guest discount code or did the discount get applied during registration?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome review. Mostly important piece of information- never pass up green chile
Thanks. We like to go all-in on the local flavors on vacations. We sort of zero'd in on green chili when we got to Blue Sky in Amarillo. But then we met up with some old friends in Albuquerque and they reinforced that we needed to try every dish containing green chili that we came across. Challenge Accepted.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great writeup and especially the food stops. I'm picky with Mediterranean food as well being of similar background (different Old World country though).

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the write up. I have oct 9th In Moab Planned. one question, do they allow kids in the bronco during the offrodeo?

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the write up. I have oct 9th In Moab Planned. one question, do they allow kids in the bronco during the offrodeo?
On the Off-Roadeo website there is an FAQ. You have to be 12 to ride along and 18 to drive.
https://broncooffroadeo.com/

That's why we brought the SIL with us so that she could babysit while my wife and I drove. Our kids are 4/6/8. It's really a shame because the kids would have had a blast. It's a long day in Moab though. There is really just a 30 minute introduction in the morning and then you are on the trail ALL DAY.

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very well done trip report and thanks for posting! I’m probably going to Vegas and taking my wife. Was there an email sent out with a guest discount code or did the discount get applied during registration?
There was an email sent out back in April I think that promised the $250 discount. When you go through the registration process on the Off-Roadeo website there is a checkbox at some point where you attest to receiving that email. They charge you the FULL PRICE when you register, then refund you based on your specific discounts once you take delivery of your Bronco. So my actual cost at checkout was on the order of $600.

BTW, at $600 I would still do this in a heartbeat. If you price out how much it would cost to rent a Jeep and have a trail guide for 8 hours giving you private instruction plus the meals, yeti bottles, stickers etc. $600 is still a good deal. You'd be pressing $1k or more putting this package together on your own for two people in Moab. Plus you are in a Bronco instead of a jeep.
Sponsored