Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks all!

Yeah, I'm a bit biased towards Moab now. This was our first visit and we were all blown away. I suspect the Off-Roadeos are amazing everywhere, but if you are on the fence regarding location, I'd try to swing Moab if you can do it. As some of the locals told us, "you can spend a lifetime in Moab and not see/do everything". I believe them.

OP did they have any issues with say attaching a gopro or phone or such to the windshield or so you could video the drives? I'm gonna be there in a couple weeks :)
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great write up, and glad you had a great time! Interesting that my top three go to places to eat in Moab are Moab Brewery, Moab Diner, and Zak's. We were there again in May, and ate at all three of those places.

I hope folks realize how cool it is to be able to run an actual Moab trail, with the awesome scenery, at the Moab Off Roadeo. Anyone going can easily make it an awesome trip. BTW, if anyone is going to rent a Jeep while there, I would easily recommend running Fins and Things without hiring a guide. Not quite as dramatic as Hell's Revenge, but damn good and easily done on your own and the trail is well marked. Also very scenic to drive out Kane Creek Rd, both can be done the same day.

Definitely don't skip Dead Horse Point if you drive out that way.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, what a great trip. Also, I second the emotion about Cattleman's. That's some good steaks for sure.

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP did they have any issues with say attaching a gopro or phone or such to the windshield or so you could video the drives? I'm gonna be there in a couple weeks :)
There were only 3 broncos in our crew, and ours was the only one doing much videoing. My wife took all the video that I copied here with her cell. My go pro died 2 days earlier so I didn't bring it, and nobody else had one either. The guides sort of laid the ground work early that they would let us know when big obstacles were coming up so that we could get out and film. I think they expect that people want pics and videos, and at this point I think Ford wants as many bronco pics and vids up on social media as possible.

I'd just be upfront with the guides on what you are trying to do. As long as you aren't slowing the crew down trying to get a perfect shot I think they'll be cool with whatever. The fewer customers that register for a particular day, the more time you'll have to mess around.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were only 3 broncos in our crew, and ours was the only one doing much videoing. My wife took all the video that I copied here with her cell. My go pro died 2 days earlier so I didn't bring it, and nobody else had one either. The guides sort of laid the ground work early that they would let us know when big obstacles were coming up so that we could get out and film. I think they expect that people want pics and videos, and at this point I think Ford wants as many bronco pics and vids up on social media as possible.

I'd just be upfront with the guides on what you are trying to do. As long as you aren't slowing the crew down trying to get a perfect shot I think they'll be cool with whatever. The fewer customers that register for a particular day, the more time you'll have to mess around.

thanks was just thinking of stickling it to the windshield with my suction mount thingy

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys,

I just got back from a 3200 mile round trip road trip to Moab, UT from Alabama for the off-rodeo. I thought I’d write up my experiences from the whole trip for others that have already planned or are thinking about doing the same. I’m going to divide this up into 3 posts. The first will focus on the Off-Roadeo, the second on Moab, and the third on the road trip.

First I want to talk about the value of the off-roadeo experience in general. It cost me a small fee ($31 I think) plus $150 for my wife after the discount from Ford due to the continued delays. So about $180 total. Upon arrival at the off-roadeo me and my wife each received a custom logo’d 18oz Yeti bottle (which would run about $50 each) plus an off-roadeo carabiner (one per group not per person) with some high quality stickers (I’d say the stickers run about $4 each based on what I paid for similar products at the national parks). So right away you are given about $120 worth of free merch for a 2 person party. We also got a picnic lunch out on the trail, plus a nice dinner buffet upon arrival back from the trail. So 4 free meals, which I’d say was worth about another $40 total for 2 people conservatively. That’s $160 of tangible value without even talking about “the experience”. All for $180. Wow.

IMG_1408.jpg

The trail we conquered was Dome Plateau Trail, an actual off-road trail open to anyone. Moab is apparently the only off-roadeo location without a specially curated trail for the event, which probably has its pros and cons, but we all thought it was cool.

Our view during lunch:
IMG_1235.jpg

One of our pit stops took us by La Boca Arch. We had it all to ourselves for some quick photo-ops.
IMG_2492.jpg

A few notes on what to bring. We brought water bottles, but as I said before you are given some upon arrival, and the guides pack extra water for bottle refills. We also packed snacks, but your bronco is also stocked with snacks. You are also fed lunch and dinner, so you don’t need to bring much. Here’s something that should have been obvious but wasn’t for us: You spend all day on the trail in the middle of nowhere so there are no bathrooms. Obviously not really a problem for men, but my wife wasn’t prepared. Having said that, once again, our trail guides WERE prepared with both TP and plastic bags so that you can pack out what you pack in. Having said that, you might want to prepare, just in case.

Part of my motivation for writing this up is that the Bronco Nation video showing the Moab Off-Roadeo, while a good hype video, doesn’t do a good job of showing some of the cool obstacles. My go-pro died while on this trip, so me and my wife were torn with how to film some of the obstacles because we both wanted to experience the obstacles in the vehicle but we also wanted to get some footage from outside the vehicle. Here are a few clips:

So here is how our time on the trail worked. Basically you start in 2L, and approach obstacles and try them in 2L. Then the guides sort of walk you through some logic on what tools you can use to clear the obstacle and you sort of try them one by one until you are successful. After a few introductory obstacles you pretty much left your Sway Bar disconnected and chose your “base setup” then it’s up to you how to tackle obstacles. You can ask for help, suggestions, spots, whatever you need on the radio. Bronco “tools” on the trail in order of how much I liked them (not including lockers):

• Trail control – probably the most jaw dropping feature for me. We’ve all seen it in videos but when you see it in work, live, behind the wheel you sort of can’t believe how easy it makes everything. I used it on one of the gnarlier rock climbs and when we were done I showed my wife that I had my foot off the gas the entire time and she couldn’t believe it.
  • Trail turn – it saved us from at least one multi-point turn. It’s not a gimmick.
  • One pedal – I really liked one pedal, but I don’t have it ranked higher because I’m scared that if I only learn to off road in one pedal mode, that when I jump into someone else’s rig I won’t know what I’m doing. I think I’m going to learn two pedal first then move to one pedal mode.
  • Sway Bar disconnect – so after doing one trail, if I was on the fence about getting a badlands because I really wanted the built-in sway bar disconnect I wouldn’t worry about it based on this trip. I’d be totally fine disconnecting it manually before the trail and then reconnecting after wheeling all day. But you will definitely want to add a manual disconnect if you don't have a badlands.
  • GOAT Modes – I’m not ready to write this feature off, but right now I’m not quite sure I get it. It felt easier to me to adjust my settings manually on the fly rather than switching to a GOAT mode. In fact, it would take longer to scroll through the GOAT modes than it would to just tap the sway bar disco and rear locker. That’s probably less of a knock on GOAT modes, and more of a praise on how fast you can switch settings manually. The instructors were also trying to teach manual operation so that they could explain what each thing does, and once you get used to manual, you sort of feel like you don’t need GOAT modes.
Couple of notes on the bronco itself. Holy cow the MGV seats were so comfortable! This was my first time sitting in MGV since my dealer’s demo is a WT. I basically chose the Badlands for the MGV and now I feel like that was a great call. The cargo net cupholders on the doors were extremely useful. They could hold both a 26 and a 36oz sized yeti bottle with ease. They have a nice plastic shelf at the bottom that I didn’t notice before that lets your bottle rest upright. Also, re: road noise with a softtop. I think I’ve experienced both the highs and lows there. On our ride out to the trail on the highway going about 55mph me and my wife couldn’t get over how quiet it was. However, on the ride back to basecamp, a storm rolled in with some decent crosswind, and we REALY heard it in the cabin. Our mirrors also didn’t have the cameras so we also heard the famous mirror wistle. It’s real and it’s annoying. But having said that am I still glad I switched to a soft top? Yup.

In summary I’d rate my experience a 10 out of 10, an A+ or the top score of whatever grading scale you want to use. Me and my wife were blown away, and she enjoyed driving off-road way more than she ever would have thought. I doubt she’d have ever tried it if not in a pseudo-controlled environment like the off-roadeo. Our guides, Jeff and Jason, were great, and you can hear some of the banter in the videos above. Very knowledgeable guys.

Bonus pic: Some of you probably remember the pictures of the tires from the Austin Off-roadeo. I took this picture of a tire on one of the Moab broncos. I asked one of our guides if this was normal and he replied, “oh yes”. He said that this bronco had been running the trail for about 3 months, and that this is what soft tires look like after rock crawling. Harder compound tires won’t look as bad, but won’t grip as well either. Anyway, I thought this was interesting.
IMG_1260.jpg
The wife and I traveled from North Alabama to Memphis to OKC to Albuquerque to Moab and back. With 3 kids... And my wife’s sister (to babysit while we drove Broncos!)… So with that large of a crew we needed a bigger vehicle so we rented a Suburban.
IMG_1167.jpg

This is awesome! Tha
Memphis – We stayed in downtown Memphis with the idea that we’d walk across the street to Rendezvous for dinner, but they were closed for pit repair ☹. We ended up eating at the Flying Fish, which was good but nothing spectacular. On our way back we skipped spending the night in Memphis and iron manned it all the way to Alabama.

OKC – Oklahoma city ended up being our favorite food town on the trip. We ate at Cattleman’s steak house on the way to Moab, as featured in season 7 of Diner’s Drive-Ins and Dives. I happened to see this episode years ago and have had an odd desire to eat here ever since. It was the favorite restaurant for everyone on the trip, even the kids. On our way back, we showed up to OKC late, and Cattleman’s had a 2+ hour wait (yes we were going to go back) so we decided to walk from our hotel to Bricktown Brewery. Like Moab Brewery everything here was hand crafted fresh. Me and the wife split a trio of apps for our dinner and tried the Blueberry Moscow Mule and their Blueberry flavored beer (name escapes me now), both excellent.
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

We stopped for lunch in Amarillo, TX between OKC and Albuquerque going and coming. The SIL hit a home run and randomly stumbled upon Blue Sky, a local burger joint. I got the Green Chili Cheese Burger both times, rolling with fries on the way to Moab and Onion Rings on the way home. Everything here was really good. Easily our second favorite stop to eat on the trip after Cattleman’s. While in Amarillo we stopped at the popular tourist trap Cadillac Ranch. The SIL loves her tourist traps, we allowed this one since she hit a home run on lunch…While we were there I spotted our only “Bronco in the wild” of the whole trip.
IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

In Albuquerque we hit Sadie’s of New Mexico on the way to Moab, and Saggio’s pizza on the way home. Both were really good! The tamales at Sadie’s topped with green chili was a real treat!

Between Albuquerque and Moab we hit Mesa Verde National Park. I’d say we had mixed feelings on this stop. On one hand the exhibits were amazing and the cliff dwellings blow you away. On the other hand, most of the park is closed at the moment, and the cliff dwellings are only accessible to see up close via special tour. The tour takes 2 hours by itself and is only offered once a day (at least right now). The other issue is, to get from the front gate to the historical area takes a good 30 minutes of speeding through curvy mountain roads, and probably closer to 45 minutes if you are strictly obeying the posted speed limits...each way. So this park really isn’t conducive to a quick 2hr pit stop as you pass through the area. You really need a whole day or at least 4-5hrs to experience it. If I could line it up right, even if this were my first visit, I’d probably opt for the 2hr longhouse tour and skip the rest of the park if that’s all I had time for. Keep in mind that everything was closed when we went, save for the “top loop”. There is a downloadable tour available in podcast format in your favorite podcast app. Highly recommend.
IMG_2047.jpg

And that’s it! 1600 miles each way with 3 kids in the car. If you made it this far in the trip report you probably feel about how I did this past Sunday night when we finally arrived back home. Exhausted.
This is awesome! Thanks so much for posting. I’m in Huntsville as well and the wife and I were just discussing doing the Moab off rodeo location. Sounds like a great time!
Thanks so much for sharing!’

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wife and I traveled from North Alabama to Memphis to OKC to Albuquerque to Moab and back. With 3 kids... And my wife’s sister (to babysit while we drove Broncos!)… So with that large of a crew we needed a bigger vehicle so we rented a Suburban.
IMG_1167.jpg

Memphis – We stayed in downtown Memphis with the idea that we’d walk across the street to Rendezvous for dinner, but they were closed for pit repair ☹. We ended up eating at the Flying Fish, which was good but nothing spectacular. On our way back we skipped spending the night in Memphis and iron manned it all the way to Alabama.

OKC – Oklahoma city ended up being our favorite food town on the trip. We ate at Cattleman’s steak house on the way to Moab, as featured in season 7 of Diner’s Drive-Ins and Dives. I happened to see this episode years ago and have had an odd desire to eat here ever since. It was the favorite restaurant for everyone on the trip, even the kids. On our way back, we showed up to OKC late, and Cattleman’s had a 2+ hour wait (yes we were going to go back) so we decided to walk from our hotel to Bricktown Brewery. Like Moab Brewery everything here was hand crafted fresh. Me and the wife split a trio of apps for our dinner and tried the Blueberry Moscow Mule and their Blueberry flavored beer (name escapes me now), both excellent.
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

We stopped for lunch in Amarillo, TX between OKC and Albuquerque going and coming. The SIL hit a home run and randomly stumbled upon Blue Sky, a local burger joint. I got the Green Chili Cheese Burger both times, rolling with fries on the way to Moab and Onion Rings on the way home. Everything here was really good. Easily our second favorite stop to eat on the trip after Cattleman’s. While in Amarillo we stopped at the popular tourist trap Cadillac Ranch. The SIL loves her tourist traps, we allowed this one since she hit a home run on lunch…While we were there I spotted our only “Bronco in the wild” of the whole trip.
IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

In Albuquerque we hit Sadie’s of New Mexico on the way to Moab, and Saggio’s pizza on the way home. Both were really good! The tamales at Sadie’s topped with green chili was a real treat!

Between Albuquerque and Moab we hit Mesa Verde National Park. I’d say we had mixed feelings on this stop. On one hand the exhibits were amazing and the cliff dwellings blow you away. On the other hand, most of the park is closed at the moment, and the cliff dwellings are only accessible to see up close via special tour. The tour takes 2 hours by itself and is only offered once a day (at least right now). The other issue is, to get from the front gate to the historical area takes a good 30 minutes of speeding through curvy mountain roads, and probably closer to 45 minutes if you are strictly obeying the posted speed limits...each way. So this park really isn’t conducive to a quick 2hr pit stop as you pass through the area. You really need a whole day or at least 4-5hrs to experience it. If I could line it up right, even if this were my first visit, I’d probably opt for the 2hr longhouse tour and skip the rest of the park if that’s all I had time for. Keep in mind that everything was closed when we went, save for the “top loop”. There is a downloadable tour available in podcast format in your favorite podcast app. Highly recommend.
IMG_2047.jpg

And that’s it! 1600 miles each way with 3 kids in the car. If you made it this far in the trip report you probably feel about how I did this past Sunday night when we finally arrived back home. Exhausted.
Wow, you took a lot of time to share with us. Thanks. And no misspellings in that whole thing that jumped out. 😆

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here is how our time on the trail worked. Basically you start in 2L, and approach obstacles and try them in 2L.
Not being critical but I have an honest question. Is the 2L a mistake? Did you mean 2H or 4L? If this is correct, can you tell me how you put the Bronco into 2L?

Thanks!

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not being critical but I have an honest question. Is the 2L a mistake? Did you mean 2H or 4L? If this is correct, can you tell me how you put the Bronco into 2L?

Thanks!
It is a mistake. Should be 4L. I’ll edit first post.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the post we’re heading out to the Bronco rodeo on the 11th and can’t wait!
Hey guys,

I just got back from a 3200 mile round trip road trip to Moab, UT from Alabama for the off-rodeo. I thought I’d write up my experiences from the whole trip for others that have already planned or are thinking about doing the same. I’m going to divide this up into 3 posts. The first will focus on the Off-Roadeo, the second on Moab, and the third on the road trip.

First I want to talk about the value of the off-roadeo experience in general. It cost me a small fee ($31 I think) plus $150 for my wife after the discount from Ford due to the continued delays. So about $180 total. Upon arrival at the off-roadeo me and my wife each received a custom logo’d 18oz Yeti bottle (which would run about $50 each) plus an off-roadeo carabiner (one per group not per person) with some high quality stickers (I’d say the stickers run about $4 each based on what I paid for similar products at the national parks). So right away you are given about $120 worth of free merch for a 2 person party. We also got a picnic lunch out on the trail, plus a nice dinner buffet upon arrival back from the trail. So 4 free meals, which I’d say was worth about another $40 total for 2 people conservatively. That’s $160 of tangible value without even talking about “the experience”. All for $180. Wow.

IMG_1408.jpg

The trail we conquered was Dome Plateau Trail, an actual off-road trail open to anyone. Moab is apparently the only off-roadeo location without a specially curated trail for the event, which probably has its pros and cons, but we all thought it was cool.

Our view during lunch:
IMG_1235.jpg

One of our pit stops took us by La Boca Arch. We had it all to ourselves for some quick photo-ops.
IMG_2492.jpg

A few notes on what to bring. We brought water bottles, but as I said before you are given some upon arrival, and the guides pack extra water for bottle refills. We also packed snacks, but your bronco is also stocked with snacks. You are also fed lunch and dinner, so you don’t need to bring much. Here’s something that should have been obvious but wasn’t for us: You spend all day on the trail in the middle of nowhere so there are no bathrooms. Obviously not really a problem for men, but my wife wasn’t prepared. Having said that, once again, our trail guides WERE prepared with both TP and plastic bags so that you can pack out what you pack in. Having said that, you might want to prepare, just in case.

Part of my motivation for writing this up is that the Bronco Nation video showing the Moab Off-Roadeo, while a good hype video, doesn’t do a good job of showing some of the cool obstacles. My go-pro died while on this trip, so me and my wife were torn with how to film some of the obstacles because we both wanted to experience the obstacles in the vehicle but we also wanted to get some footage from outside the vehicle. Here are a few clips:

So here is how our time on the trail worked. Basically you start in 4L, and approach obstacles and try them in 4L. Then the guides sort of walk you through some logic on what tools you can use to clear the obstacle and you sort of try them one by one until you are successful. After a few introductory obstacles you pretty much left your Sway Bar disconnected and chose your “base setup” then it’s up to you how to tackle obstacles. You can ask for help, suggestions, spots, whatever you need on the radio. Bronco “tools” on the trail in order of how much I liked them (not including lockers):

• Trail control – probably the most jaw dropping feature for me. We’ve all seen it in videos but when you see it in work, live, behind the wheel you sort of can’t believe how easy it makes everything. I used it on one of the gnarlier rock climbs and when we were done I showed my wife that I had my foot off the gas the entire time and she couldn’t believe it.
  • Trail turn – it saved us from at least one multi-point turn. It’s not a gimmick.
  • One pedal – I really liked one pedal, but I don’t have it ranked higher because I’m scared that if I only learn to off road in one pedal mode, that when I jump into someone else’s rig I won’t know what I’m doing. I think I’m going to learn two pedal first then move to one pedal mode.
  • Sway Bar disconnect – so after doing one trail, if I was on the fence about getting a badlands because I really wanted the built-in sway bar disconnect I wouldn’t worry about it based on this trip. I’d be totally fine disconnecting it manually before the trail and then reconnecting after wheeling all day. But you will definitely want to add a manual disconnect if you don't have a badlands.
  • GOAT Modes – I’m not ready to write this feature off, but right now I’m not quite sure I get it. It felt easier to me to adjust my settings manually on the fly rather than switching to a GOAT mode. In fact, it would take longer to scroll through the GOAT modes than it would to just tap the sway bar disco and rear locker. That’s probably less of a knock on GOAT modes, and more of a praise on how fast you can switch settings manually. The instructors were also trying to teach manual operation so that they could explain what each thing does, and once you get used to manual, you sort of feel like you don’t need GOAT modes.
Couple of notes on the bronco itself. Holy cow the MGV seats were so comfortable! This was my first time sitting in MGV since my dealer’s demo is a WT. I basically chose the Badlands for the MGV and now I feel like that was a great call. The cargo net cupholders on the doors were extremely useful. They could hold both a 26 and a 36oz sized yeti bottle with ease. They have a nice plastic shelf at the bottom that I didn’t notice before that lets your bottle rest upright. Also, re: road noise with a softtop. I think I’ve experienced both the highs and lows there. On our ride out to the trail on the highway going about 55mph me and my wife couldn’t get over how quiet it was. However, on the ride back to basecamp, a storm rolled in with some decent crosswind, and we REALY heard it in the cabin. Our mirrors also didn’t have the cameras so we also heard the famous mirror wistle. It’s real and it’s annoying. But having said that am I still glad I switched to a soft top? Yup.

In summary I’d rate my experience a 10 out of 10, an A+ or the top score of whatever grading scale you want to use. Me and my wife were blown away, and she enjoyed driving off-road way more than she ever would have thought. I doubt she’d have ever tried it if not in a pseudo-controlled environment like the off-roadeo. Our guides, Jeff and Jason, were great, and you can hear some of the banter in the videos above. Very knowledgeable guys.

Bonus pic: Some of you probably remember the pictures of the tires from the Austin Off-roadeo. I took this picture of a tire on one of the Moab broncos. I asked one of our guides if this was normal and he replied, “oh yes”. He said that this bronco had been running the trail for about 3 months, and that this is what soft tires look like after rock crawling. Harder compound tires won’t look as bad, but won’t grip as well either. Anyway, I thought this was interesting.
IMG_1260.jpg
Did you take out the $75 insurance?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the post we’re heading out to the Bronco rodeo on the 11th and can’t wait!

Did you take out the $75 insurance?
Did not take insurance. I asked if this was essentially like getting insurance from a rental car and the guy said yes. So I assume my regular car insurance would have covered it since I have comprehensive coverage, OR that my credit card would have covered it since I have rental insurance through that avenue as well.

BTW, I scraped up the armor on my rig pretty good when I bottomed out on a rock. We all inspected the rigs afterwards and the guides gave me a high five for the armor scraping. I assume what they are worried about is body damage, which since there are no trees on the trail, you are in zero jeopardy of sliding off an obstacle into a tree. They also do a good job of manicuring the trails to avoid pin striping. Even if you didn't have other coverage, I wouldn't worry about damaging the rigs.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks was just thinking of stickling it to the windshield with my suction mount thingy
Our group yesterday had no problems with people putting cameras on the hoods and side panels. My phone kept overheating, but that's because it was 100°F+, and I forgot I was trying to record in 4K 60FPS. Just remember it's SUPER hot and dry. Also, bring chapstick 😆

I took a cooler filled with ice, waters, and a few sodas for lunch break. Plenty of snacks. Instructor accepted a Coke, and was a pretty chill guy (Dave).

ckelly14

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the great write-up. I knew I wanted to do the Moab Off-Roadeo and this just confirmed it. I just reserved for Friday Oct 15. Going to make a long weekend out of the trip. I scheduled a UTV Rental tour for Saturday morning. I own a Teryx 4 and have always wanted to do a trip to Moab. I am renting a KRX1000 instead of bringing my own toy ( and maybe try to convince the wife to trade in the T4 for one after the trip) .

We will drive up from Phx on Thursday... little over an 8 hour drive and stay til Sunday or Monday. I can't wait. Hoping to get to drive a Badlands SAS to see if I want to change my order from a WT to BL.
I will be there on October 16th! Flying into SLC and renting a car down there. My 17 year old son will be there with me. He's disappointed he won't be able to drive so I want to do a UTV tour that he can drive on Sunday. I'll have to check out your recommendation.

I assume the Off-rodeo course is not inside the national parks. How about the UTV courses?

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be there on October 16th! Flying into SLC and renting a car down there. My 17 year old son will be there with me. He's disappointed he won't be able to drive so I want to do a UTV tour that he can drive on Sunday. I'll have to check out your recommendation.

I assume the Off-rodeo course is not inside the national parks. How about the UTV courses?
The off-roadeo course is not in a national park. You can google "Dome Plateau" for info on the off-roadeo course. I don't believe there are off road trails in Arches National Park. There are off-road trails in Canyonlands, but you'll need to do some research on that yourself, and I think most of those trails are going to originate in the Needles district and not Island in the Sky.

There is nothing stopping you from taking your UTV on Dome Plateau. The other popular beginner trail is Fins and Things. Hell's revenge is a step up from Fins and Things, although you can skip some of the tougher obstacles. There are multiple tour company's that guide you as a convoy through the trails if you don't want to navigate yourself.

OP
OP
LSU Jonno

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a little more clarification on the refunds per an email exchange:

Hi Bronco Off-Roadeo people,

I understand that I will be reimbursed $200 after I take delivery of my Bronco, but it was also my understanding that the $250 voucher I received a while back would be applied to the cost of a guest for this event. Is that still the case? If so, would you mind applying it and then refunding the $250 to my account?

Thanks so much!

Cheers, Susan

<then a few more emails, then the following>

Dear Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to Bronco Off-Roadeo Program HQ!

These vouchers are automatically checked for and processed twice a week. Under the new policy, the voucher refunds are returned 2-3 weeks after completion of the experience, but can be returned sooner.

Please reach out with any further questions!

Regards,

Patrick

My conclusion:

So the way I understand this is that I will have the $250 credited back to my (credit card) account two to three weeks after the Off-Roadeo, and the $200 credited after I take delivery of the Bronco.
Thanks! I found the email and it was sent March 25.
Hey guys,

I got my first refund from the Off-Roadeo. It looks like I was credited the $250 guest discount plus taxes. I'll get another $200 back at some point when I take delivery of my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Trip report:  From Alabama to Utah 1630437193096
Sponsored