Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Asking those in the Bronco6G community who've attended the Off-Rodeo in Moab; where did you guys stay?

I have no interest in the "resort" style hotel that Ford recommends even though it does look nice. Looking at something on the "strip" portion of Main Street that looks to be near bars and restaurants and other touristy stuff.

Since this will be my first trip to Moab, plan for my buddy and I to visit all 3 nearby parks for some hiking and sightseeing. We're looking at Mid-April for a weekend attendance and will stay for a Thurs-Sun or maybe Monday flight back.

Not looking for a cheap motel, but don't need the Ritz neither. Also really hoping they have some 2 Dr Broncos to play in the sand and dust with. Rain works too.

Anyone else looking at the Moab site? If so, please chime in and pile on.
Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton is downtown and a nice hotel, there is a Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn also, a little lower rating. It is high season and a weekend, so it won't be cheap, but the weather should be great. You will need a reservation ticket to get into Arches National Park as of April 1.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're correct. The hotel that they recommend is beautiful, but it's also way out of town. If you have a car rental or you drove you'd be fine, but definitely not worth the price.

We stayed at Moab downtown hotel. Was very reasonably priced, nothing fancy, but clean. And within walking distance of most of the downtown restaurants on the strip.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Homewood Suites by Hilton is downtown and a nice hotel, there is a Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn also, a little lower rating. It is high season and a weekend, so it won't be cheap, but the weather should be great. You will need a reservation ticket to get into Arches National Park as of April 1.
I’ve been looking at that Homewood and a Wyndham (I think), both look rather clean with what looks like a serious breakfast in the mornings.. Steak and Eggs looks to be a T-Bone; impressive.

I don’t mind paying up to $300 per night, but if I can keep it cheaper, will certainly try to.

Appreciate the tip on Arches. Will secure reservations well in advance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're correct. The hotel that they recommend is beautiful, but it's also way out of town. If you have a car rental or you drove you'd be fine, but definitely not worth the price.

We stayed at Moab downtown hotel. Was very reasonably priced, nothing fancy, but clean. And within walking distance of most of the downtown restaurants on the strip.
Will be renting a car and flying into that airport/air field close by. Clean is more important on the trip than fancy, so thank you for helping me to feel a bit more confident in my leanings. :)

bronco_rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Asking those in the Bronco6G community who've attended the Off-Rodeo in Moab; where did you guys stay?

I have no interest in the "resort" style hotel that Ford recommends even though it does look nice. Looking at something on the "strip" portion of Main Street that looks to be near bars and restaurants and other touristy stuff.

Since this will be my first trip to Moab, plan for my buddy and I to visit all 3 nearby parks for some hiking and sightseeing. We're looking at Mid-April for a weekend attendance and will stay for a Thurs-Sun or maybe Monday flight back.

Not looking for a cheap motel, but don't need the Ritz neither. Also really hoping they have some 2 Dr Broncos to play in the sand and dust with. Rain works too.

Anyone else looking at the Moab site? If so, please chime in and pile on.
Went in Oct. Stayed at the Rustic Inn. Simple accomodations, in downtown. It pretty close to everything only about 20 minute drive to the offrodeo and 5 min from Arches enterance

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on going in March, staying on main st. I have never been to moab so we’re very excited, combining this with a snowboard trip to park city in SLC

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ended up just using up some rewards points to cover my stay in Moab at the Holiday Inn there in town.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone camped near Moab? I was eyeing Willow Springs.
Ohh, that sounds like fun! When I drive out to Moab once I get my Bronco, will need to add that to the campsite list I’m making now.

That trip will likely be a 10 day adventure West and include a couple of days in Colorado and may just add the Grand Canyon to the list and extend the trip a couple of days.

So many fun times ahead for us!

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on going in March, staying on main st. I have never been to moab so we’re very excited, combining this with a snowboard trip to park city in SLC
We thought about turning this into a Spring Skiing trip in March as well, actually going Skiing in Colorado next week. Copper and a couple days at Breckenridge. For a 4 night trip.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohh, that sounds like fun! When I drive out to Moab once I get my Bronco, will need to add that to the campsite list I’m making now.

That trip will likely be a 10 day adventure West and include a couple of days in Colorado and may just add the Grand Canyon to the list and extend the trip a couple of days.

So many fun times ahead for us!
The current plan is to go through there with my Bronco and a teardrop in early July this year. It hinges heavily on 1, getting my Bronco, and 2, finishing my teardrop. Tick tock.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current plan is to go through there with my Bronco and a teardrop in early July this year. It hinges heavily on 1, getting my Bronco, and 2, finishing my teardrop. Tick tock.
I think it's spelled TikTok - Both in Canada and the United States.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stayed in KOA for a few nights and we stayed in Element for the last night. The element was a very good value and one of my favorite hotels ever. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and Element seemed to strike a good balance.

The Hoodoo is very nice, but it was like $450/night during the summer.

I would advise staying in Moab. The Off-Rodeo lodge is kind of out from town and you'll find yourself wanting to go into town.
Sponsored