Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco will be my only manual car with a synchronized 1st gear out of the fleet. That in itself will take a while to get used to. Not that there is a lot of shifting with 3 on the tree, but it's always an adventure wind down the revs up to a light in 2nd and get that sweet, sweet feeling of mechanical harmony when you can engage 1st without a small roll-back..... A 24" clutch pedal travel will make actually rolling in the forward direction challenging. Unless you're pointed down a hill, of course.

Bronco should be a bonnie and a joy as most modern manual transmissions are.
There's a 1954 Plymouth Savoy for sale near me. All original. In great shape for a 67 year old car. 3-on-the-tree. Trying to resist the urge to buy it...
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder if the clutch in restart with the stall is tied to auto stop start vice the hill descent? E

Yes, it is.

I drove a 911 once with a stick and start/stop and accidentally stalled it, and it restarted itself as soon as I clutched in.

OP
OP
DaveH

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the power on the 2.3L?
I don't think he ever really pushed it from an acceleration standpoint, but it seemed like it had plenty of power for everything we did.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To bad about your ride my experience at Moab was awesome
Ford Bronco Moab Ride Along – Why I was disappointed 894B9CE6-3962-46C5-945F-F162406E6771

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said the same thing after my first test drive. People don’t understand how well sorted the suspension is in this truck. It drives so easy with so little drama it’s hard to believe.
Sponsored