Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had the following 8 vehicles on this scenic introduction to Moab.

Felix 808
@VoltageDrop
@Hossamus Prime
@DC9atnight
@BroncoTrail
@El Diablo
@Bmadda & son
@BroncoTrail
Please feel free to add details & pictures 🤠

We met up at the Hwy's 191 & 279 Bridge just outside the north side of town and aired down just enough to take the edge of & keep the fillings in our teeth. This would be a scenic easy mostly 2wd day.
We stopped to look at some petroglyphs just before the trail head. I mentioned that some were real & others were idiots graphetti. Someone made the comment that the ancient people may have felt the same way about the originals. Point taken, but I don't think it will age enough in my lifetime to be appreciated if not several generations later.

Once at the trail head we watered the foliage and took some pictures of jug handle arch.
We worked our way up Long Canyon where we drove through the rock tunnel. The trail was pretty scenic, but the best was yet to come.

We then headed out to the Dead Horse Point State Park. I think most were impressed with the stunning views :love:.
We took a break and had lunch & explored the area a bit.
DC9 took flight and we were left with 7 Broncos moving forward. Not sure if he realizes what he missed :unsure: .

After a quick stop at the visitor center, we proceeded to the Shafer Trail Switchbacks. It is a nice narrow shelf road that was a bit steep in a few sections, but the views were amazing. Countless unique & puzzling rock formations. One such was a unique onion shaped rock that looked like it was placed on top of a spire that was of a completely different geological nature :unsure:.
We worked our way to the Thelma & Louise cliffs. It was yet another spectacular view :love:.

After lining up & taking some group photos, we headed out to the blue potash evaporation ponds.
Shortly there after we had an Elvis sighting at Elvis Rock, though being in a bit of a hurry I didn't get much of a picture of it :(

We finished up & while a few motored off some of us waited for another to air back up.
Afterwards we proceed to the Old Spanish Trail Arena to sign up for our preferred trail runs the Safari was offering the next day.
it was a fantastic day & great meeting everyone. Thank you all for coming out 🤠.

Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks IMG_0329
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks IMG_0347

Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4230.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks IMG_0360

Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4081.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4086.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4085.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4128.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4146.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4190.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4101.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4191.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4091.JPG
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4127.JPG

Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks Q98A4213.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot ever thank you enough for leading this trail, and others!! This really started out the week great!

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot ever thank you enough for leading this trail, and others!! This really started out the week great!
Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to the next time 🤠

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Felix808 Thanks for organizing this run before the Safari started. You set the standard on how to lead a group. It was very scenic and good icebreaker for everyone.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks again @Felix808 for leading! This was a good idea for a 1st day cruise...most importantly helped me acclimate to the altitude! Been many years since I have been up in mountains, and I got a little dizzy at 1st. Was feeling much better after this!

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks again @Felix808 for leading! This was a good idea for a 1st day cruise...most importantly helped me acclimate to the altitude! Been many years since I have been up in mountains, and I got a little dizzy at 1st. Was feeling much better after this!
Glad to have had you along 🤠

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember when I went June 2022 as we were going down the switch backs I told my wife the view was amazing. She’s afraid of heights and I turned to look at her and she had her eyes closed and said “what view?” Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a cool photo!!!!

Q98A4146.JPG
Yeah, all my photos were under exposed. Didn't realize until later that I had my camera set up wrong
Ford Bronco Moab Safari 5-1-23 Trip: Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point, Shafer Trail Switchbacks 1684173032248
just happened to work here.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove up Shafer into Canyonlands the week before followed by Gemini Bridges back into town. Loved Shafer! Great views and an easy drive I'll always want to do!

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watched this video this morning. Glad none of us went there. 😳

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watched this video this morning. Glad none of us went there. 😳

Yep, thankfully the guy & his dog made it & will recover.
Glad Rory cares enough about the area & the ramifications of careless Youtubers (see grifter) to take this one for no charge.
Sponsored