Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a blast! This was my first time in Moab and my second time offroading ever. The weather was perfect and there only a few other vehicles on the trail. Had the whole place to ourselves most of the day. The ice and snow next to the edge was fun.

Sponsored

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What a blast! This was my first time in Moab and my second time offroading ever. The weather was perfect and there only a few other vehicles on the trail. Had the whole place to ourselves most of the day. The ice and snow next to the edge was fun.

The real question is can a non off-roader do this with friends looking out. I think so gonna try may 14th. Amazing video how did your vehicle get so dirty? Did some wheelies out there?

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The real question is can a non off-roader do this with friends looking out. I think so gonna try may 14th. Amazing video how did your vehicle get so dirty? Did some wheelies out there?
You can see them going through some puddles that were somewhat frozen and had the clay/dirt run up the side.

OP
OP
BroncoTrail

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a Wildtrack? Absolutely! You'll have no issues.

There was mud on the trail in a few spots. See pic for reference.

Ford Bronco Moab this past weekend - creeping through Chicken Corners [video] PXL_20230121_210054998

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In a Wildtrack? Absolutely! You'll have no issues.

There was mud on the trail in a few spots. See pic for reference.

PXL_20230121_210054998.jpg
I’m kidding, but really I’m starting soft at start only 1k miles in with my biggest investment in my life besides my house and 401k.

I’m gonna do a few basic things in wa take the course at Moab with the trainers and if we up to it do that and a few other things the next day. I’ll be good in a year or two just gonna ease in.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m kidding, but really I’m starting soft at start only 1k miles in with my biggest investment in my life besides my house and 401k.

I’m gonna do a few basic things in wa take the course at Moab with the trainers and if we up to it do that and a few other things the next day. I’ll be good in a year or two just gonna ease in.
Just send it. That's what insurance is for.

OP
OP
BroncoTrail

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You bought an offroading beast dude... don't wait a year or two to utilize that monster.

Sure, taking an expensive, new vehicle offroad can be a little scary.... trust me I know. But you can gain a ton of knowledge just by watching YouTube for hours and hours. Go with some good buddies, plan ahead, think safety first, go slow, and don't attempt any obstacles you're not comfortable with and you'll be fine.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just send it. That's what insurance is for.
Oh for sure at the course I don’t give a F, however my daily driver brand new trak not gonna send it on rock crawling, but I’ll be doing donuts and speed in the mud and dirt roads no problem. I’m most worried about getting something ducked up underneath from going over obstacles not know wtf I’m doing.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh for sure at the course I don’t give a F, however my daily driver brand new trak not gonna send it on rock crawling, but I’ll be doing donuts and speed in the mud and dirt roads no problem. I’m most worried about getting something ducked up underneath from going over obstacles not know wtf I’m doing.
LOL yes, please do not send it on rock crawling :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You bought an offroading beast dude... don't wait a year or two to utilize that monster.

Sure, taking an expensive, new vehicle offroad can be a little scary.... trust me I know. But you can gain a ton of knowledge just by watching YouTube for hours and hours. Go with some good buddies, plan ahead, think safety first, go slow, and don't attempt any obstacles you're not comfortable with and you'll be fine.
Yea that’s exactly the plan, not gonna go do hells revenge but I’m def getting it out on the off road as soon as I can. January is hell for me and want some experience in before Utah with the friends to help them enjoy it too.

@FleshTuxedo @BroncoTrail trust me I’m reading watching and learning from talking to people, I’m just gotta start slow.This is the first time I’ve ever been interested in anything car related in my entire life so there is something special about the bronco because I legit read every single topic since November.

Sponsored

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Chicken corners - Yes

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

If you haven't already done the off rodeo class you absolutely should. I did the Moab one in September and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I also have next to no experience.

You'll learn a ton and be way more confident off road. Not every off road trail is super difficult. Lots of trails that you can take in scenery and give obstacles a try without getting into any real danger. The class is perfect for teaching you what's reasonable and not.

One of the few things Ford has gotten right in this whole process.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea that’s exactly the plan, not gonna go do hells revenge but I’m def getting it out on the off road as soon as I can. January is hell for me and want some experience in before Utah with the friends to help them enjoy it too.

@FleshTuxedo @BroncoTrail trust me I’m reading watching and learning from talking to people, I’m just gotta start slow.This is the first time I’ve ever been interested in anything car related in my entire life so there is something special about the bronco because I legit read every single topic since November.
Go for it. Chicken corners is a super easy trail. It’s mostly flat and is a dirt or gravel road for 90% of the trail. Stock full size trucks and AWD SUV’s do it.
The only thing “difficult” about it is a small portion of the road that gets close to a cliff edge, hence “Chicken Corners”.

Honestly we did Hells Revenge as well and it was cake. Nothing there was difficult except for a few optional obstacles. I’d rate the trail 3/10 for the main parts and 6/10 for the optional routes. Give it a shot, it’s super cool.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Subscribed (please consider doing the same). Did that trail in the old 4Runner a few years back. A lot of fun.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll second KirchTX's post above: Take the OffRoadeo course: sign up for the Moab campus if at all possible, but they're all good. Schedule at least a few days for trail exploration yourself, maybe even a week (!!). Start with (1) Hurrah Pass trail, which is a few miles of easy trail which accesses the start of Chicken Corners. Also, as noted above, there's nothing difficult about Chicken Corners except a brief portion where you edge close to a drop overlooking the Colorado. It's easy, safe, very scenic--but frightens passengers close to the edge (hence, "Chicken").

Then try other, higher-rated trails.

Connect with other off-road enthusiasts in your area, and go on some group runs. You own a piece of magnificent engineering, QuiteFrankly--enjoy it!

This is a great guide book. It should whet your appetite!
Ford Bronco Moab this past weekend - creeping through Chicken Corners [video] 1674600312528
Sponsored

Last edited: