OP

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two factory front plate mounts... one for the steel modular bumper, and one for the plastic bumper.

Both are a plastic mounting bracket that screws into the trim below the grill. The plate is set in and attached to it.

If OP's dealership just screwed the plate directly into the trim, they did it wrong.

ford-bronco-front-license-plate-zoomed.jpg
2021 Bronco front license plate mounted.jpg
I guarantee you the upper photo is just screwed into the cactus grey plastic below the grill. It's made to go that way.

My dealer didn't install anything, came straight off the truck into my hot little hands.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please, please, please don't come. Enjoy your coastal Colorado winters.
I can assure you I have no interest in that state and neither do the Californians and Texans, which is sad. Iā€™d prefer they would go there over here. Also Colorado winters? Thatā€™s a myth, spoken like a true east coaster.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m from BC too and just not going to mount a front plate. We get so many Alberta drivers here who donā€™t need a front plate so I donā€™t think youā€™d stand out without one on.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a stainless nutsert in the bumper so I could put my front plate somewhere other than the most ridiculous place possible! Ie where Ford decided to put it.

FYI, they just use license plate screws into the body coloured trim under the grill.

I'm assuming I might get a little rust from the hole I drilled in the bumper but at least it's a little less ridiculous.

20210819_102749.jpg
I am definitely locating my front license plate on the bumper, not a painted trim panelā€¦..I like your style šŸ˜

OP
OP

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m from BC too and just not going to mount a front plate. We get so many Alberta drivers here who donā€™t need a front plate so I donā€™t think youā€™d stand out without one on.
If you take delivery in a place that requires it you may have one installed when you go to pick it up.

As I mentioned I assume this was done at MAP.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah the Ford plate mount is horrible. I made two different brackets and it took two adjustments to the second one, but I finally got one that works/looks good.
PXL_20210806_214306498.jpg
PXL_20210803_230703957.jpg
PXL_20210802_223920514.jpg

Start mass producing those brackets and sell themā€¦..Put a little coin in your pocket šŸ˜Š

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you take delivery in a place that requires it you may have one installed when you go to pick it up.

As I mentioned I assume this was done at MAP.

Nope, comes inside the vehicle for the dealer to install. At least that's how it came on my dealer's mannequin. Asked him if they were going to install it (require a front plate in Nebraska) and he asked me if I was crazy.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, thatā€™s great advice! Hey OP you should definitely move from beautiful British Columbia to the muggy, humid southeast coast of America so you donā€™t have to have a plate. South Carolina? 46th in crime and 42nd in healthcare and top 5 for hurricanes? Sounds like a dream come true, especially with those summers! Sign me up!
Being from SC, we try to keep all those statistics out of public circulation. Hurts our population count.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This harkens back to the simpler days when men were men, and sheep were scared. And when you wanted to modify your car to your personal tastes yourself, you just did so without bitching about it.

Meanwhile, in my garage... Making a custom interior for the '51 myself, learning along the way.

interior stripped.jpg
OMG, Been there and never want to return. Drove and rode in them when they were 5-10 years old and never missed them.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just move to North Carolina. We don't need a front plate. Or move to South Carolina, need no front plate and have no vehicle inspection.
PSA: If you're driving around SC, you'll see some crazy stuff that shouldn't be allowed on the road.
In Indiana, to the extent possible, where there are no inspections, it is at the discretion of the local, county or state police to enforce vehicle safety concerns. Most of the state [of Indiana] does not have onerous, corruption addled, fraud rampant inspection schemes, for which, I am grateful. It does allow abuse by less than ethical citizens, but I'd have it no other way.
Nose tags also don't apply, because our government is burdened with fewer fascists who wish to assert nuisance control over others for their edification and whatever fetish centers they are applying contact to.
Citizens are welcome to report issues that do not conform to safety and emissions standards when they are witnessed. I suggest discussing such issues with your local sheriff or constabulary to resolve your concerns.
Both of my Super Duties were acquired from Massachusetts with valid, active inspection stickers, and both required significant brake and engine work to make them visually and audibly safe and legal... Massachusetts is refuted to have one of, if not the most strict inspection schemes in the country, yet the motors were missing (fresh plugs, coil packs solved), and the brake rotors were worn through to the rotor vanes on at least two of the four, pads at or beyond safe levels of wear.

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the Ford plate mount is horrible. I made two different brackets and it took two adjustments to the second one, but I finally got one that works/looks good.
This is perfect!!!!
Does not block the intercooler!!!
Perfect!!!!
You should sell these ā€¦.
At least the pattern to copy!!!!
Brilliant!!!!
Kudos to you!!!!!

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is perfect!!!!
Does not block the intercooler!!!
Perfect!!!!
You should sell these ā€¦.
At least the pattern to copy!!!!
Brilliant!!!!
Kudos to you!!!!!
A lot of people have said that, on here and in the FB groups. My cousin own's Maxlider Broncos, so I will reach out to him and see if they would be interested in mass producing my design for resale.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know what's absurd? The fact that the need for front plates is a thing.
I was wondering, why you couldnā€™t just paint, or stick the numbers on the front somewhere?
The rear plate has the tags. That way the Cops could just run the numbers if they only see the front. Like a boat
Big Brother has you in the system already anyway.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off topic, but did you paint the bronco lettering in the grille?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guarantee you the upper photo is just screwed into the cactus grey plastic below the grill. It's made to go that way.

My dealer didn't install anything, came straight off the truck into my hot little hands.
Of course it is screwed directly into the plastic. That's how they are designed to mount. No argument there.

I thought you were saying that they screwed your plate directly onto the plastic, and skipped the plate holder.
Sponsored