First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2dr Base Sasquatch 2.7 with mod bumper on order. But after seeing video/photos of Broncos on the rubicon with the mod bumper banged up I’m thinking it is not ”good enough”. I have been over the Rubicon many times and plan to take new Bronco up there (after skids, rock rails, bumpers...). Should I just get the stock bumper and go completely after market?
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I don’t think you would ever be happy with the modular bumper.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the mod bumper cause I didn't pay extra for it. It needs the holes filled with lights to look complete, and the front crash bars are visible, but I think would stand up better than base bumper. Aftermarket would be good for looks and performance.

How much is the mod bumper to add compared to cost of the aftermarket you like?

You may even be able to find one with a good spot for license plate that we need.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With my Wildtrak, I just have the plastic bumpers. I didn't like the Ford Modular bumpers, and knew a ton would be out soon. So I'm in the aftermarket boat.

OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah the $825 would put a big dent in the price of a proper bumper (I have at least the winter to see what is the aftermarket comes up with and decide) and I wouldn’t feel bad destroying the stock plastic one.

Sponsored

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the $825 would put a big dent in the price of a proper bumper (I have at least the winter to see what is the aftermarket comes up with and decide) and I wouldn’t feel bad destroying the stock plastic one.
The mod bumper was a $595 option on my '22 Badlands, not sure if it's more in other trims. Pissed me off, I ordered as a '21 and that bumper was standard last year. My order was after March.

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2dr Base Sasquatch 2.7 with mod bumper on order. But after seeing video/photos of Broncos on the rubicon with the mod bumper banged up I’m thinking it is not ”good enough”. I have been over the Rubicon many times and plan to take new Bronco up there (after skids, rock rails, bumpers...). Should I just get the stock bumper and go completely after market?
I feel ya there! My understanding is that if you included the MOD bumper in the order, there is no changing it. If ordered separately, Id go aftermarket. Im regretting that now! :(

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mod bumper was a $595 option on my '22 Badlands, not sure if it's more in other trims. Pissed me off, I ordered as a '21 and that bumper was standard last year. My order was after March.
When I complained about it during the MY22 reorder, my dealer said that they lowered the MSRP by $400 to partially offset the fact that it's an add-on option now.

I did not verify. I just grumbled and still added it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, while I think the mod bumper will be good for 90% of trails, if the objective is Rubicon and trails like it, and aftermarket steel bumper with winch mount is the way to go.

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I complained about it during the MY22 reorder, my dealer said that they lowered the MSRP by $400 to partially offset the fact that it's an add-on option now.

I did not verify. I just grumbled and still added it.
same...fml
Sponsored