Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds swell. But where did the @Administrator get the photo for this thread? I don’t think I have ever seen a porthole 2 door photo until now.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for clarification:

2023 2doors will have the option to order the mod top, or all 2doors will be updated with the mod top as the standard?

cheers.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

😍 I love me an M60... must have put hundreds of thousands of rounds thru them when I was in a weapons platoon in the Rangers back in the early 90s.

Here are two "pigs" (front and rear) and a Ma Deuce" on one of our old RSOVs (Ranger Special Operations Vehicles). There is a second RSOV behind it with a Mk19.

a712362b90170b708a5901f8cb98c61e.jpg

Those are Land Rover Defender 110s with a turbo-4 and a 5-speed on pizza cutters. That was some serious off-roading... along with 6 of your buddies in the same rig... lol

<2>

Just a straight leg 11B, but I did put many thousands of rounds through the 60 and the 249. Only problem with the M249 is the frame would crack if you got it hot enough. Sure was fun until it wasn't.

Last edited:

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds swell. But where did the @Administrator get the photo for this thread? I don’t think I have ever seen a porthole 2 door photo until now.
Looks like this photo from this thread
3C093890-9C97-4994-8338-86C9A62B3729.jpeg

This is a screen grab from the Last Line of Defense video. Maybe we’ve covered and I’ve missed it, but this hatch has only seemed like speculation or renders until now.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oor-hard-top-at-celebration.5076/#post-178153

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a straight leg 11B, but I did put many thousands of rounds through the 60 and the 249. Only problem with the M249 is the frame would crack if you got it hot enough. Sure was fun until it wasn't.
.. continuing to hijack this thread.. but it was about the gunner's hatch, right?

My squad was part of the test group that compared three guns to replace our M60s. My gun was so old, it actually had an "R" stamped next to the S/N, indicating it was rebuilt in a deployed environment... probably Vietnam.

We tested the M60E3 (lightweight), M60E4 (the one the SEALs chose), and the FN MAG-58 (which we recommended). It was fielded to the whole 75th Ranger Regiment a couple years later as the M240G.

We shot so many rounds during that trial (for durability purposes)... tried to melt barrels... and spent hours with unlimited ammo cutting down trees at Range 51 at Fort Lewis. Different times, man.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

.. continuing to hijack this thread.. but it was about the gunner's hatch, right?

My squad was part of the test group that compared three guns to replace our M60s. My gun was so old, it actually had an "R" stamped next to the S/N, indicating it was rebuilt in a deployed environment... probably Vietnam.

We tested the M60E3 (lightweight), M60E4 (the one the SEALs chose), and the FN MAG-58 (which we recommended). It was fielded to the 75th Ranger Regiment a couple years later as the M240G.

We shot so many rounds during that trial (for durability purposes)... tried to melt barrels... and spent hours with unlimited ammo cutting down trees at Range 51 at Fort Lewis. Different times, man.
Pretty sure my first M16A1 was a Vietnam reject.
Never tried to cook a 60, but we had a couple of 249s we cracked frames on at Benning. Don't remember why. Probably just because we could.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good find OP!

A true optimist would buy it, but considering the troubles with the MIC top, I don’t see the rock stars being able to make the actual mod tops to meet demand. I’m guessing it will be limited to a retro model and have lots of teething pains.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I’m not believing much of what Ford says about availability until one is in my driveway. Ask why I feel this way. 😆
Rock stars!!

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Emersaurus

Wildtrak
First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if this is new or old news, but the Ford Accessories site has a Storage Bag for a 2-Door Port Hole Roof Panel. This may be a clue to the Mod top actually arriving for MY '23. Not sure if it's been on the Ford Accessories site for awhile or just recently listed, but here it is:

Garage Storage Bags - Port Hole Roof Panel, For 2-Door Models | FordUS

It's available to Add to Cart too.....
I sure hope this is a positive sign for the mod top! I've been holding out for a mod top like so many others. Still probably won't have a Bronco until 2024 ;)

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hmm, not showing any weather stripping for the pop out side windows, wonder if that's been engineered out.
Unless they aren't pop out anymore. Which would be a real bummer!

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Somewhat off topic, but in general what is Jeep making their standard black hard tops from (not their painted color-matched ones)? I've never owned a jeep so I don't know, but the ones I've seen up close seem like they're made of steel, not MIC/plastic like Bronco. My concern with the Bronco's plastic MIC top is oxidation over time......what will it look like in a few years? All the black/gray plastic on the old Chevy Avalanche's is what comes to mind, and that looked terrible after a few years. Hoping not the case with the Bronco MIC top. Although maybe consistent upkeep with Armorall or a similar product will help the life.

We have a JK and a JL in the family. Pretty sure its all fiberglass based . Paint or no paint. The base under color is white fiberglass .
Sponsored