Mod top on WT late availability

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since ford is forcing a MIC top on us WT buyers.....wonder if they will let us trade in the mic top for the mod top when they become available? Of course I would be willing to pay the difference.....that's one of the things that steered me towards the WT because it was included in the price. What do you WT BUYERS THINK?
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since ford is forcing a MIC top on us WT buyers.....wonder if they will let us trade in the mic top for the mod top when they become available? Of course I would be willing to pay the difference.....that's one of the things that steered me towards the WT because it was included in the price. What do you WT BUYERS THINK?
I am not a WT buyer so I haven't looked into it too much, but I believe your options were to either take the MIC top and stick with it, or accept the fact that your delivery would be late and wait for the mod top. I don't believe you can take the MIC temporarily and switch at a later date. What would the dealerships or Ford do with all those MIC tops that get returned in the fall/winter?

I think you would have better luck finding someone that has a late reservation or late availability build, paying them to add mod top to their order, then trade tops when they take delivery later in the year.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm the opposite. I hope they keep the MIC standard for 22. I'd scratch the hell out of that painted top every time I took it off 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fordmanbob

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not a WT buyer so I haven't looked into it too much, but I believe your options were to either take the MIC top and stick with it, or accept the fact that your delivery would be late and wait for the mod top. I don't believe you can take the MIC temporarily and switch at a later date. What would the dealerships or Ford do with all those MIC tops that get returned in the fall/winter?

I think you would have better luck finding someone that has a late reservation or late availability build, paying them to add mod top to their order, then trade tops when they take delivery later in the year.
Good point on all those tops going back to ford. That's a great idea if I could find someone close to Leavenworth KS willing to do it. Just talked to my Dealer and he said that they would paint the mic top ...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sure, they'll let you trade to get a mod top - if you trade in $1800+ for it at the parts department.

Not a chance they just trade it for you.

Options are:

1) Get MIC top, pay for Mod top later
2) Wait and get mod top
3) Get MIC top and do nothing.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm the opposite. I hope they keep the MIC standard for 22. I'd scratch the hell out of that painted top every time I took it off 😂
This is me too....
Plus I actually like the look of the MIC, it has more of the rugged- utilitarian look I prefer in an off road rig

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no 'pay the difference later' Ford is not going to give you full price back on the MIC and then sell it as new again. The MIC top is about $1200 more then the soft top, which is probably around $800, so add the $1900 extra for the mod top, you are looking at a stand alone price of around $3900. Add shipping and you are easily at $4200 plus. So your choice is to wait and pay the $1895 extra now (getting credit for the lesser tops not installed), or pay the real price of over $4000 and get to keep the MIC top as well later. Or just keeping the MIC at the modified lower MSRP. You are not being forced to get the MIC, You can wait for it like any other late availability item.

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like having the option of MIC. At this point, unless you are a day 1 reservation you might as well select the mod top in your build, I doubt it will have any impact on your delivery date otherwise.

OP
OP
Fordmanbob

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no 'pay the difference later' Ford is not going to give you full price back on the MIC and then sell it as new again. The MIC top is about $1200 more then the soft top, which is probably around $800, so add the $1900 extra for the mod top, you are looking at a stand alone price of around $3900. Add shipping and you are easily at $4200 plus. So your choice is to wait and pay the $1895 extra now (getting credit for the lesser tops not installed), or pay the real price of over $4000 and get to keep the MIC top as well later. Or just keeping the MIC at the modified lower MSRP. You are not being forced to get the MIC, You can wait for it like any other late availability item.
Well...I talked to my Dealer and they said they would paint the mic top black for me...so win win

OP
OP
Fordmanbob

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure, they'll let you trade to get a mod top - if you trade in $1800+ for it at the parts department.

Not a chance they just trade it for you.

Options are:

1) Get MIC top, pay for Mod top later
2) Wait and get mod top
3) Get MIC top and do nothing.
Actually the mic top kinda matches the fender flares. The mod top matches the grill and mirror caps
Such a delima

BRUNKO1

Badlands
First Name
JasonBrunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I changed my original order from the Black top to the MIC dual tops, 1.) I didnt want to have to wait any longer that I had to and 2.) I'll scratch the hell out it for sure.
Sponsored