Sponsored

Model Change allowed on my 2021 Bronco 2-door reservation that was pushed to 2022?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts?
Thank you,
Your largest hurdle BY FAR will be your dealers pricing strategy.
MSRP will not change by much at all, that is why they are safe in stating that.

That last line in their communication puts ALL pricing in the dealers control.

Here's to hoping your dealer has integrity and doesn't decide an ADM is now warranted.
As I recall, there is no more switching dealers ...unless you abandon your reservation and start over.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep Dustin, that's as clear as mud. Who ever is in charge of these communications needs to be fired. That one word "similarly" could mean so many different things. No matter what they think we can't read their minds, or know exactly what they meant when they sent that out.
Given the penchant for B6G members to see promises, where none were made, can you blame Ford for being a little more on the vague side? Anything verging on a definitive answer will be deemed a promise. Hell, I wouldn't blame Ford for shutting down all communications, until they have 100% solid information for everything, the way the hand-wringing crybabies react.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your largest hurdle BY FAR will be your dealers pricing strategy.
MSRP will not change by much at all, that is why they are safe in stating that.

That last line in their communication puts ALL pricing in the dealers control.

Here's to hoping your dealer has integrity and doesn't decide an ADM is now warranted.
As I recall, there is no more switching dealers ...unless you abandon your reservation and start over.
Folks should have gone with Granger or Stephen's or that other one I cannot remember. They are not going to screw with pricing.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folks should have gone with Granger or Stephen's or that other one I cannot remember. They are not going to screw with pricing.
Really glad that my Dirt Mountain is built so that my sub-MSRP pricing agreement (signed) is still valid no matter what.
Quite certain I would not get that deal today, except at Granger or whomever.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer gave me some clarity on this the other day. Nothing official from Ford but basically the following:

Price protection is for what you have ordered. That's it. Change model, add SAS, change engine the price isn't protected.

They are not anticipating a major jump in prices. You may see a few hundred or a few percent on top of what was listed.

They 3/19 was the technical lock for this. If MIC didn't go sideways this would be you order, that is why everything is not price protected.

Supposedly some time in September your dealer should reach out when order banks open to confirm everything. There may be a few option tweaks, we know about new colors, and maybe the heritage/other models.

I'm in the same boat. Kicking around BL for high option, sitting on a BD order. Will have to wait and see...

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Lord, the hits just keep on coming. I would bet the farm if you called Ford Customer Service they wouldn't be able to tell you one thing that would help. Good luck.
I agree with you. I have a great Sales Guy at my Dealer. He said Ford tells them very little....that we find out stuff long before they get the info. I am going to ask him to research these questions this week....heh...we re-order in a month. I love my Fords and have been trying to be patient for this Bronco....but man.....FORD we need some answers.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is where having a great dealer will come even more in handy.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody knows due the vagueness of Ford's direction on this, but if you're pretty sure you want to switch from BD to OBX, call your dealer this week and make that change before the '22 order banks open in October. That way, you have the OBX pricing locked in.
The problem is that we don't know what options will be tied to which trims in MY22, unless there will be a window with the MY22 B+P up where we can still change our MY21 order. We don't even know major things like which trims will have manual transmission, which trims will have mansquatch, whether there will be a two-door soft top option, etc.

This is why it would be sensible for Ford to either give us clarification now or give us a period to make order changes without being punished financially.
Sponsored