Model recommendations for 4-door manual transmission build

veblenesque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2007 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Trying to decide on the right model to build the right 4-door manual. I realize that I have 4 total models to choose from with a manual, but I'm only considering base, black diamond and big bend. I put down a 1st day deposit but haven't spoken with my dealer yet.

What I want:

I drive mainly forest trails when offroad - nothing heavy. 5-6 hour drives to New Mexico so comfort and economy are important.

Towing is also of some importance since I have small trailers and like to have the ability to tow a sub-3500 lb travel trailer.

I like the brown colored interior and the cactus gray color. I also prefer the steelies on the base and black diamond to the aluminum wheels.

I want some creature comforts like Apple Carplay.

I have dogs and the no-carpet interior on the black diamond looks appealing.

Manual and 4-door are non-negotiables.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Bend or Black Diamond will be your option if you want a manual. Base 4 door is auto only. With the other options you want, it sounds like you need the BD.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not convinced that you won’t be able to get manual on a base 4 door. I know the specs released so far are confusing, and this is one reason I’m dying for the build and price.

I’m going back and forth on all these options as well. I kind of feel if I go with the base I’ll forego the manual and do the Sasquatch with auto and 2.7. So I’m comparing that with the Big Bend and Black Diamond manual. Specs-wise I like Black Diamond the best, I just don’t know if I will want to spend that much money over the cheaper trims.
Sponsored