Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok… so, the cheap plastic key fobs kinda drive me nuts… they wear for nothing, get marked up, and just look kinda cheap.

one of you incredible and creative product people out there… is it possible to machine a fob out of aluminum, carbon fiber or some other material and relocate the guts of the factory fobs in a cool tactical looking fob? Possibly an issue with transmitting…?

just think this would be a cool idea and something people would appreciate.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been looking for a nice leather belt sheath/pouch/holster for fobs. I too hate fobs as they take too much room in the pocket. Nobody makes a belt holster it seems. I may make one.

Your idea though, that would be really cool. I imagine a full metal case would interfere with the range & functionality of the fob, though. Might be possible to make a metal housing with recessed back or sides made out of a less-insulating material.

Anyone with a mill or enough patience could make one. If it was a simple swap, though, they would probably already be on the market.

PHXMonsoon

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok… so, the cheap plastic key fobs kinda drive me nuts… they wear for nothing, get marked up, and just look kinda cheap.

one of you incredible and creative product people out there… is it possible to machine a fob out of aluminum, carbon fiber or some other material and relocate the guts of the factory fobs in a cool tactical looking fob? Possibly an issue with transmitting…?

just think this would be a cool idea and something people would appreciate.

Thoughts?
I am moving from a MINI and there was a portion that could be removed that I replaced with a 3d printed metal piece. I don’t know what a Bronco fob looks like yet, but any chance on that being an option?

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think this is really what you are looking for, but it's a quick way to change the fob from a "cheapy plastic thing" to something a bit more upscale. On Amazon, it fits Ford keys and I heard that it does fit Bronco (still waiting for mine!).

Fob.jpg

Fob 2.jpg

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve been looking for a nice solution too. Don’t have my bronco yet, so can’t test this, but I’ve eyeballed this one.

Silicone Key Fob Cover Protector for Ford Mustang Fusion Raptor F150 F250 Explorer Expedition Bronco & Lincoln Aviator Corsair 2020 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHJDM9...abc_MSF6T3KMHDN94DNQ4W33?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Downside is I don’t think it would look right with the “bronco” logo in the back of the key as it has a cutout for the Ford emblem.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been looking for a nice solution too. Don’t have my bronco yet, so can’t test this, but I’ve eyeballed this one.

Silicone Key Fob Cover Protector for Ford Mustang Fusion Raptor F150 F250 Explorer Expedition Bronco & Lincoln Aviator Corsair 2020 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHJDM9...abc_MSF6T3KMHDN94DNQ4W33?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Downside is I don’t think it would look right with the “bronco” logo in the back of the key as it has a cutout for the Ford emblem.
Any Ford cover like this should work fine physically. Bronco has the same FOB as my 2021 Ranger had. Only difference is the text on the back and the pictures on the buttons.

You can find some leather ones as well.

Only time I ever touch mine is remote start.

Sponsored

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think this is really what you are looking for, but it's a quick way to change the fob from a "cheapy plastic thing" to something a bit more upscale. On Amazon, it fits Ford keys and I heard that it does fit Bronco (still waiting for mine!).

Fob.jpg

Fob 2.jpg
I purchased this one from Amazon. I bought it specifically because it was the only thin silicone cover I could find that didn't have the Ford oval cutout on the back. The Bronco is so new, there are no specific ones for the Bronco key on Amazon. It protects the entire back of the key fob.

Carbon Fiber Key Fob Cover/Case

20211110_092428.jpg

20211110_092524.jpg

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I purchased this one from Amazon. I bought it specifically because it was the only thin silicone cover I could find that didn't have the Ford oval cutout on the back. The Bronco is so new, there are no specific ones for the Bronco key on Amazon. It protects the entire back of the key fob.

Ford Bronco Modifying / customizing key fob? 20211110_092524

Ford Bronco Modifying / customizing key fob? 20211110_092524
Great price and a good start until someone makes a better one. Thanks for the info, I ordered one.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

20211110_092428.jpg

20211110_092524.jpg
Thanks, I like this better!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh? Please explain... Mach E doesn't have a key?
It does include a single fob.

Sync 4 in the Mach e allows you to start the car, drive the car, and open doors with your phone.

Also, there is a code for unlock and one for start up should you forget your phone or your phone is dead.
Sponsored