Sponsored

Modular Bumper Install 2021 Big Bend: Yes or No?

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hello, I have the opportunity to pick up a modular steel bumber tomorrow, for about 350 bucks. There is no mounting hardware included. I am driving a 2021 Big Bend 4dr, that has the standard bumper. My question is, will I be able to swap them out easily? I read another post about grinding off tow hooks, and it made me nervous. Any thoughts are most appreciated!
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you could also purchase the Modular brackets as I did for a total of $120 and bypass grinding anything off. Takes a few minutes to swap out the brackets.

$350 is a great price for the bumper, and the bolts holding in your standard bumper will be used to hold in the mod bu per as well. All in all, pretty simple though you will need help with the mod bumper ( a floor jack is nice as well) to hold the bumper in place when putting the mod bumper on.

Last edited:

Hhudson

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you could also purchase the Modular brackets as I did for a total of $120 and bypass grinding anything off. Takes a few minutes to swap out the brackets.

$350 is a great price for the bumper, and the bolts holding in your standard bumper will be used to hold in the mod bu per as well. All in all, pretty simple though you will need help with the mod bumper ( a floor jack is nice as well) to hold the bumper in place when putting the mod bumper on.
Hey friend any chance you have the part number for those brackets or can post a link? I looked on fords part website and couldnā€™t definitively determine which brackets were the correct ones. Am in the process of installing the MSB on my BB

thanks

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here you goā€¦. Replace the brackets with the OE ones that are included with vehicles that come from the factory with the MOD bumper. Factory model numbers are as follows: MB3Zā€‘6G079ā€‘A and MB3Z-6G079-B

Hhudson

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
here you goā€¦. Replace the brackets with the OE ones that are included with vehicles that come from the factory with the MOD bumper. Factory model numbers are as follows: MB3Zā€‘6G079ā€‘A and MB3Z-6G079-B
Awesome, thank you, and just to re-clarify; this is the bracket that the skid plate bolts to that holds up the inter cooler in place from the bottom that doesnā€™t have the tow hooks?
Sponsored