First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally have a scheduled build date for my Badlands Bronco which is being built without the modular front bumper. I have been checking with my dealer and they can get me a Modular front bumper for about $800. I have the high package so that include the front parking sensors. It is ironic that the dealer can get me a modular front bumper but I had to drop it due to factory constraints.

What is the opinion of the Modular front bumper versus the aftermarket alternatives? I don't have any immediate plans on installing a winch but that would be a consideration if I start shopping for an aftermarket bumper. $800 for a factory bumper is getting close to several of the aftermarket options I have looked at although it is less than half the price of some options.

Also since I have the high package I think I want any aftermarket bumper to accommodate the front parking sensors. What are the thoughts on aftermarket bumpers and front parking sensors?
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

want a winch?

have acc?

imo there are some real nice aftermarkets. if i didnt have price protection would have gone that route. if you want a winch i would go am. acc gets tricky because a lot have problems with relocation.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased and had the dealer install my DV8 FS-15. It comes with the sensor holes, so no worries there. Also comes with a winch mount, just havenā€™t pulled the trigger on that yet
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper vs. Aftermarket Alternatives 1E870689-1D76-4417-AC88-EDCB86233953

B9223354-12DB-44FB-B118-E2150F2B9113.jpeg

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased and had the dealer install my DV8 FS-15. It comes with the sensor holes, so no worries there. Also comes with a winch mount, just havenā€™t pulled the trigger on that yet
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper vs. Aftermarket Alternatives B9223354-12DB-44FB-B118-E2150F2B9113

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper vs. Aftermarket Alternatives B9223354-12DB-44FB-B118-E2150F2B9113
Thanks for the info on the sensor holes available with the AM bumpers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imo the modular is the best looking bumper. After markets just donā€™t match the lines or look like tube steel projects.

For $800 Iā€™d grab the modular and change out at a later date if you want. People are working on legit hidden winch kits for the modular. Should be available shortly.

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the ARB since there the bumper Ford chose
all the stuff transfers easily, they include the mounts for ACC and Camera ,like it was made for it cuz it was lol
well made great products

Sponsored
OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you really just like the look of the factory bumper I would consider the aftermarket ones first.
I do like the look of the factory modular bumper but I'm not in love with it. I am exploring of the value of the modular compared to the aftermarket.

I am glad to see all of the AM bumpers that include the option for the parking sensors.

I am most interested in the AM bumpers with an integrated low winch mount. My Badlands has the 2.3 and 7MT so I believe there is a bit more space for a low winch mount that won't interfere with the intercoolers. If I wasn't considering the option for an integrated low winch mount then I would probably just have the dealer install the Modular bumper when my Bronco arrives.

The capable bumper comes with the two integrated fog lights so I figure whatever bumper I add should take advantage of those two fog lights and the factory delivered switch for them.

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish I would have ordered the mod bumper, it with factory skids and rails are the cheapest way to get good protection, all factory covered.
I ended up going am and got a better looking (IMHO) more unique product with nice approach and departure and excellent quality. You obviously donā€™t have to do the Baja bar. More cost, for sure.
I think they follow factory lines nicely!

5126E3EC-09BE-4948-8553-692FB3F2E13E.jpeg

5767A2D2-2A78-4C7F-8AF8-D4202DA12BBC.jpeg

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If no immediate plans for a winch you should get the steel capable bumper it is standard I believe on the badlands now. . Which is not terrible looking and gets fog lights from the factory. That gives you plenty of time to shop and who knows someone may come out with a nice looking mount for the capable bumper by the time your ready for a winch or bull bar.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure how fast you want to pull the trigger but once you get your Bronco, you will get 42,000 Ford pass points. I havenā€™t used mine yet so not sure what that equates to but it will save money. Also there are often sales on accessories.ford site for 10-20% off. You can apply your Ford Pass points if you order through dealers service desk.
I like aftermarket bumpers but Mod bumper is really nice too.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If no immediate plans for a winch you should get the steel capable bumper it is standard I believe on the badlands now. . Which is not terrible looking and gets fog lights from the factory. That gives you plenty of time to shop and who knows someone may come out with a nice looking mount for the capable bumper by the time your ready for a winch or bull bar.
+1 I have one for sale if youā€™re in south Florida and looking
Sponsored