Sponsored

Modular Hard-Top After Vehicle Purchase?

Neptune032701

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi,
Tried looking for this specific question, but didn't see it entirly answered. Putting my order in at the dealership this Saturday. I want dual tops, but would love to get the White Modular roof that isn't available yet. Would I be able to order soft-top only and then purchase White Modular seperately when it's available? How would that work with delivery if that's possible and how much more expensive is that type of thing than getting it with the initial purchase? Just didn't want to spend money on hardtop now if I could get the one I really want later.

Thanks
Sponsored

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s one big problem with that - itā€™s been reported that if you go soft top ONLY straight from the factory...you donā€™t get the connections for rear defrost/wiper fluid built on the Bronco.

So when you did eventually get your white top you wonā€™t be able to connect it to your rig.

Why did Ford do this?
Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?
So many unexplainable questions in the world lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the end goal is to have a white Mod top, you will have to paint it either way. The Shadow Black top for MY21 will need to be painted/wrapped. If you order a Mod top from the parts counter, you will have to paint it upon delivery as it will come in primer. Add on the cost of shipping and installation, and it will be much more than getting the SB Mod top painted/wrapped.

To add, expect a delay when ordering from the parts counter. The supplier can't even adequately supply the factory with the mod top.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thereā€™s one big problem with that - itā€™s been reported that if you go soft top ONLY straight from the factory...you donā€™t get the connections for rear defrost/wiper fluid built on the Bronco.

So when you did eventually get your white top you wonā€™t be able to connect it to your rig.

Why did Ford do this?
Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?
So many unexplainable questions in the world lol
Just as God has a money problem. So does Ford lol

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If the white top is a sticking point then just request you be moved to '22. I was going to go SB mod top and paint but for the cost and hassle it's worth waiting the few extra months for the factory to do it at the same cost.

OP
OP

Neptune032701

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundia Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for all the info. Wanted white mod top, but also didn't want to wait. I might just go dual with MIC top and call it good enough.
Sponsored