First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both Hardtops sound good, The price difference is what will make the choice for a lot of people.

That and if you can only get the white top in one of the two options.

Velocity blue with white top please.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2346

The modular top is the only one available painted to match the body color... correct?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if the WHOLE piece for the rear quarter windows comes out and the top and rear glass can stay in place to make a top like this? I thought I saw somewhere we could or it looked like we could. If it is true that'd be great for beach days.

30f45eca16d8cd9718c7bc9f9343f082.jpg

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the WHOLE piece for the rear quarter windows comes out and the top and rear glass can stay in place to make a top like this? I thought I saw somewhere we could or it looked like we could. If it is true that'd be great for beach days.

Ford Bronco Modular Hardtop difference explained... 30f45eca16d8cd9718c7bc9f9343f082
Just the glass comes out by the looks of it.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm assuming the modular top is made of different material to make it heavier. I wonder which one is more durable/sound deafening

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The modular four door top has three individual “freedom panels” and then the rear cap with the removable glass - total of six pieces. The two door modular has two “freedom panels” the rear cap with the “oval sunroof cutout” in it and (possibly) removable glass. (edit)

The regular hard top - apparently - has only two panels and the rear cap with fixed glass.

The molded in color is tied to the non-modular top and the shadow black/body color painted is tied to the modular top. (edit)

But honestly until the B&P is available all the conjecture and speculation on the tops and molded gray/black/painted /white etc. is exactly that speculation. All the vehicles we’ve seen are either pre-production test rigs (with Frankenstein trims) or the concept rigs.

JK

Last edited:

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the Ford dudes around here

I trust him because I got all the info on the tops out of him before Ford officially released that info
Hopefully it's not MiGuy.. Lol
He was dead wrong about the modular top.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The modular top has four individual “freedom panels” and then the rear cap with the removable glass.

The regular hard top - apparently - has only two panels and the rear cap with fixed glass.

The molded in color vs painted are separate choices.

But honestly until the B&P is available all the conjecture and speculation on the tops and molded gray/black/painted /white etc. is exactly that speculation. All the vehicles we’ve seen are either pre-production test rigs (with Frankenstein trims) or the concept rigs.

JK
Both of them have 2 panels over the front seats. The middle section on the 4-door over the second row is a single piece on both the MIC and modular tops. The modular top just adds the removable glass on the rear cargo section. Not sure if the “sunroof” section over the back seats of the 2-door is standard or optional on the modular top, but it isn’t on the MIC top for the 2-door.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

30f45eca16d8cd9718c7bc9f9343f082.jpg
You can do this with the soft top but not the hard top
Sponsored