Sponsored

Modular Painted Hardtop - Is it still happening in 2023?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if it has anything to do with the delam issues. Both my roof panels and top have small spots starting on the edges. Just fingernail spots as of now. Can actually push your nail into the edge.
No idea why the edges are not sealed. Being a rc racer it’s standard practice to seal any lam edge with super glue to keep them from coming apart. Not that I’m gonna attempt that on a bronco. Lol.
Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been saying this for almost a year, I don't see the mod top ever happening. Feel bad for all those early res/early order folks who 99 their order. Just another group of bronco customers they let down.
I've been saying it all along too. In the far off chance it does happen down the road, it will probably come with a body style change that will render it incompatible with previous years. Same as what we see with Jeep.

I haven't heard any rumors or seen any leaked photos. Nothing nadda. Ford quit showing off the 4 door mod top long ago, letting it fade away...

To qoute myself
2. I still think it's entirely possible we'll never see a factory modular hard top. The Bronco II was advertised early on with removable windows, and it never happened. Leaks, safely removing, storing, etc. I'm just not convinced.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've been saying this for almost a year, I don't see the mod top ever happening. Feel bad for all those early res/early order folks who 99 their order. Just another group of bronco customers they let down.
I've been saying it all along too. In the far off chance it does happen down the road, it will probably come with a body style change that will render it incompatible with previous years. Same as what we see with Jeep.

I haven't heard any rumors or seen any leaked photos. Nothing nadda. Ford quit showing off the 4 door mod top long ago, letting it fade away...

To qoute myself
New mod top pics on the heritage edition sneak peak...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...quared-flares-and-painted-mod-hard-top.47974/

I was starting to get worried about the Mod Top availability in 2023 as promised, but this is definitely reassuring to me that Ford might actually come through with this and waiting for my 2023 2dr won't have been in vain.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I noticed the heritage edition has a white hard top.....The one I ordered in 2020 but changed to the softtop because Ford said it was delayed. I better be able to get one.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only purpose the Ford social media account has on here is to connect you with your dealer… who knows nothing about anything. They’re not gonna give you some special secret info.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford employs 186,000 people. I find it hard to believe they can keep a secret like are they making modular hard tops. Maybe the question, "will they really offer retrofit modular hard tops to current owners?" will stay unknown for a while. But this isn't the Manhattan Project, people should know by now.
Sponsored