Sponsored

Modular Painted Hardtop - Is it still happening in 2023?

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone think that the Modular Painted Hardtop is still going to happen for 2023? I search the thread almost daily looking to see if anyone has posted any sort of update, but I haven't seen anything related to the mod top in a long time. Anyone else have any insider info they want to share? Lol.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im hoping, and Im also hoping that @Ford Motor Company will cut us a deal for removing them from our orders.
Ford already did, if you cut it out, and get a delivery before the end of 2023, you get 200K Ford points.

As to the original post, I have always figured from the first instant after they announced it was delayed until 2023MY that it meant roughly six minutes from the order date for 2024MY, so... technically, I agree that it will be available in 2023.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford already did, if you cut it out, and get a delivery before the end of 2023, you get 200K Ford points.
Good point, and I did take advantage of that, just waiting to see how available this option is and how much it will cost.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As to the original post, I have always figured from the first instant after they announced it was delayed until 2023MY that it meant roughly six minutes from the order date for 2024MY, so... technically, I agree that it will be available in 2023.
Oh and they dropped your MSRP by like $1895 +/-

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So...........nothing? It seems like @Ford Motor Company just outright stopped talking about it. Doesn't really give me a warm and fuzzy. A few months ago there was a photo on the forum that had a Bronco Raptor with a Modular Black Painted Hardtop but other than that, crickets.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, not cool if it isn’t produced for 2023. Those of us who chose to 99 our day 1 reservations may have already been driving our broncos by now. I’m trying to stay positive but Fords lack of communication is maddening.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the short term I'm also interested in whether Webasto has the New Hudson MIC plant up and running yet. Last we heard (back in 2021), that was supposed to happen Q1 2022, which is now over.

That has the potential to really unclog reservation production.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m hoping Ford isn’t saying shit about painted tops until the top manufacturing process and product is bulletproof. When Ford releases info on the painted top they are ready for us to buy.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the short term I'm also interested in whether Webasto has the New Hudson MIC plant up and running yet. Last we heard (back in 2021), that was supposed to happen Q1 2022, which is now over.

That has the potential to really unclog reservation production.
Still a work-in-progress

D68EB01B-25A8-4BE8-A193-2C8C57A9AAFF.jpeg

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was an original painted hard top reservation. After taking off the MIC panels several times. I would not want the added weight and for sure would scratch the hell out of them. If they ever do come to production get ppf film on them right away.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: Rip