Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford seems to be pushing their term "modularity" in their SEMA video. Fenders, flares, wheels - all modular.

Why not add rear seats to the modularity? Take out the seats, add in a strongbox, etc. Seems to me that Ford can make the rear seats easily removable, and offer a host of accessories that can clamp in place of the seats.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are listening...

I would not be surprised that MY22 and later have this functionality. It is low hanging fruit that opens up more accessories. I suspect we will continue to see the interior evolve over the coming years. It seems as if the inside was an afterthought in the development of the Bronco.

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It would be easy to do. In a Wrangler, there is a single bar, similar to the seat slider in the front of most any car, that allows easy removal of the back seats. It wouldn't take much engineering to get this going. It's just two brackets that are bolted down to the floor, that the seat locks into when it folds down. I owned a 2013 2D Wrangler and I ran most of the time without the rear seat due to space constraints. When I knew I would have passengers, it was a 1 minute job to put them back in.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d like to see this as well, it’s one of the most interesting features of that little Maverick, that clever and spacious storage under seat
Sponsored