ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn’t find this specifically posted in any other threads, so here goes.

I acknowledge that the molded in color hard tops have a gray shade to them, but is the MIC hard top the same material and color as the black molded in color Black Diamond Grill, the fender flares, and other accents?
Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I do think the fender flares are also black along with the grill and door handles.
Definitely doesn’t make sense without Ford explaining why they can make everything else black but not the mic top ??‍♀?‍♀
Ford Bronco Molded in Color Top vs. Black Diamond Grille 9868AE46-7C0C-4F41-B249-5E535E24E357

Ford Bronco Molded in Color Top vs. Black Diamond Grille 58B761BA-CC12-41A7-A129-98EB779561B6

Ford Bronco Molded in Color Top vs. Black Diamond Grille 29EB0D73-B390-427B-822D-8987CDFBE0BF

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The MIC top used to be described as Carbonized Gray, if I'm remembering correctly, but not seeing it listed out in the descriptions anymore.

OP
OP

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So do we think the fender flares, bumper, and BD grille are all the same color (black), but different from the MIC hard top, which is carb gray? I just can't tell from various pictures. If they are different, I don't understand why they didn't see the lack of continuity as an issue.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fenders and Grill on Black Diamond are black. The top is Carbonized gray. The question...if they can color these tops gray, why cannot they produce all of them in black? Why did they chose gray. Just a little odd.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, the top is gray. It'll match the Badlands and Big Bend grilles. The Black Diamond grill, flares, mirrors, door handles, etc. are black.

OP
OP

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I just needed confirmation from some other eyes and ears. Soft top for my BD Cactus Gray it is! Then will wait for aftermarket or dealer purchased black MIC hard top. Hopefully the wait is months, not years. Need the hard top and rack for ski season!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, the top is gray. It'll match the Badlands and Big Bend grilles. The Black Diamond grill, flares, mirrors, door handles, etc. are black.
I think it was smart making them gray cause every keep top you see that was black looks white or duller than the mic gray

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I just needed confirmation from some other eyes and ears. Soft top for my BD Cactus Gray it is! Then will wait for aftermarket or dealer purchased black MIC hard top. Hopefully the wait is months, not years. Need the hard top and rack for ski season!
Just remember that the Bronco only comes with the rear defrost, wiper, and washer hookups if it was originally optioned with the hardtop from the factory.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't realize the Black Diamond had specific black MIC grille, fenders, and door handles. Coordinated with the black steelies you just explained to me why I like this look so much. Thanks!

OP
OP

ccameron511

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember that the Bronco only comes with the rear defrost, wiper, and washer hookups if it was originally optioned with the hardtop from the factory.
Yeah will definitely be making the bet that this will be possible to handle after delivery I'm impatient, so I'm willing to pay up later to ensure I get my bronco this summer vs. waiting for the late availability tops. I also don't really think I want a painted gloss black top; would rather have black MIC. So many nuances!
Sponsored